Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old October 10th, 2010, 08:58 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!
Re: North Carolina Scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
My schedule has changed, so I will be there tomorrow. I haven't had time to crank out a second version of the scenario I brought last week, but I can bring a 3-player map I created, if anyone's interested.
Go ahead and bring your 3 player map. We have at least one person on the Meet-up site who said that they might show, so we might be looking at having 4 players today. I'll bring one of the tournament maps that I already have seperated out.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old October 10th, 2010, 04:18 PM

ohnolukepuke is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hey all, I've been trollin' on here for a while and finally decided to join. I live in Asheville, and work at our downtown FLGS, and we have a pretty active Scape community here.
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:26 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Got in some good gaming this past Sunday. Prometheus brought in another interesting map and we had a new player show up whose friend had given him a ROTV set before he had left for the service. He seemed to like the game and already had a firm grasp of the rules as well as great luck with his water clone rolls. I think that I had to kill 3+ squads of his Marro Warriors before I got them all.

Old October 16th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Incredibly, I will in fact be at Game Theory this weekend. Looking forward to getting back into the game, guys!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old October 16th, 2010, 05:04 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

I don't think I'll be at GT tomorrow, though there is a small possibility.
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:38 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

I will finally be bringing my Helms Deep Scenario to GT tomorrow for NHSD. I am going to post the rules below so anyone who is interested can get a little familiar with them and possibly make suggestions. I will also bring a printed copy of the rules with me. I have not play tested these rules nor have I play tested the map I made today. I have played variations that I created in the past and all have turned out fun. My main concern is the point values and the number or rounds, so tell me what you think I am currently thinking about a 10 round limit.

Helms deep scenario rules.

4-7 Player scenario, 2v2, 3v2, 4v2, or 5v2

Team 1
Rohan, Elves, Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas.

Team 2
Sauroman's orcs

Starting points--

Team 1--
Rohan and Elves- 450
Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas- One Unique Hero 100pts or lower.

Team 2--
750 each

Starting zone for Team 1--

Consists of any and every space on and behind Helms deep. May start units on top of glyphs and units do not have to be adjacent to each other.

Starting zone for Team 2--

Grass area behind forest. Units must start adjacent to each other.

Victory conditions for Team 1--

Protect Theoden (__) rounds until Gandalf and the Rohirim arrive.

Victory conditions for Team 2--

Kill Theoden king of Rohan before round (__)

Special conditions/rules--

-Units do not have to stop movement on top of glyphs unless stated in glyph conditions (see glyphs section)

-Units on a bridge that does not have battlements adjacent to it are considered to have -1 defense.

-Units do not count for elevation when moving up the incline towards the first gate.

-Units are considered to have -1 defense while climbing a ladder.

-Team 1 chooses roles for each player.

Required --
Rohan-- Chooses One medium unique hero that is 100pts or more to represent Theoden.
Elves
Optional--
Aragorn
Gimli
Legolas

Glyphs--

Battering Ram Glyph (Brandar)- Requires units currently with 3 strength or more to stand on both adjacent glyphs. At the end of a full round (3 turns) the adjacent gate is then destroyed. If a unit standing on the glyph is destroyed, turn countdown is not reset. All defensive abilities are nulled while using the battering ram. Glyphs are removed after the gate has been destroyed.

Ladder Glyph (power side down)- Requires a unit currently with 3 strength or more to stand on the glyph. After 1 full turn if the unit is still standing on the glyph, remove an adjacent battlement and replace it with a 6 rung ladder.

Sewer Grate Mine Glyph (Yellow power side down)- Requires a small or medium Hero that is 100 points or more. When landed on, a unit must immediately end its turn. At the end of this turn that unit is immediately destroyed. The 2 wall segments adjacent to the Sewer Grate Mine Glyphs are also destroyed (replace these two hexes with water hexes). Any unit that was on top of these 2 wall hexes are placed where the previously destroyed wall hexes were and immediately roll for falling damage. The players team that destroys the Sewage Grates is then enthralled. All units on that team receive +2 movement and +1 attack for the remainder of the round. Glyphs are removed after used.

Glyph of Rannveig- Standard rules apply.

Last edited by Altron_ZERO; October 16th, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old October 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM

Did you guys play the Helms Deep game on Sunday? How did it go?

I do plan on being there this Sunday.

Added 20 Oct.

Congrats to patzymur for winning the latest site supporter giveaway.

Last edited by Oliver Upshaw; October 20th, 2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM

myrealnameisjeff Woo who?

Congrats to our very own patzymur on winning the site supporter prize pack this week. I'm sure that you and your son will enjoy all the goodies!
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I can't believe how much he won! That is one big lot of toys.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 07:37 AM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I can't believe how much he won! That is one big lot of toys.
It is a crazy amount of free stuff. Truth's email was put in my junk email folder by outlook, so I was even more surprised to see myself mentioned on the front page!

Looking forward to summoner wars the most - I had told myself that I really don't need another game - we have more than we play already. So, I never purchased it. Getting a free starter set might just set the hook.

I'll make a generous contribution to our next tournament's prize table.

Namaste,
'zymur
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:45 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

I either own or will shortly own all the Summoner Wars sets myself, and it is fun, especially with 3 or 4 players. Congrats! I'm considering bringing my Summoner Wars stuff to Game Theory some Sunday. Anyone interested?
How did Helm's Deep go?
I plan on being at GT this Sunday, and can bring one of my 2-or-3 player maps if it's needed.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I either own or will shortly own all the Summoner Wars sets myself, and it is fun, especially with 3 or 4 players. Congrats! I'm considering bringing my Summoner Wars stuff to Game Theory some Sunday. Anyone interested?
How did Helm's Deep go?
I plan on being at GT this Sunday, and can bring one of my 2-or-3 player maps if it's needed.
I would say go ahead and bring your map. You have been doing a good job on designing maps and it is nice to remember that not all battles need to be on BOV maps. I am going to try and work on a design for next week. It has been months since I have built a map from scratch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers