Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: How many figures have you NEVER played PERSONALLY?
Are you insane?! I've used everybody at least once! 20 37.04%
I've played most figures, ... about 75% or so. The others are duds. 23 42.59%
I'm about 50/50. I'm getting around to drafting them. 8 14.81%
I've only played about 25% of the figures I have. If my figures were bigger, they'd revolt. 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:19 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Are you HS figures lonely? ? ?

(EDIT: I meant to ask this for figures that you own and have access to each game!)
I've mentioned in several threads, (and to my play group a number of times), that there are SOOOOOOOOOOOO many figures that I've NEVER FIELDED EVEN ONCE! I was curious to know how many others feel the pressure of trying to field unfamiliar or unused squads and figures.
There are even figures that have never been drafted in our house. (I usually play with my wife, ... she's a beast with range which is probably the main reason I have this problem in the first place.)
I composed a list of figures that I have never personally used as of yet. I own all boosters and figures with the exceptions of Sir Hawthorne and most of wave 6. (*I will leave out the entire wave 6 as it has just come out and I haven't gotten all of them yet.) (Entries in red are figures/squads that have never been drafted in our house.)

EINAR
- Ninjas of the Northern Wind
- Parmenio
- Retiarus
- Sacred Band
- Spartacus
- Valguard

JANDAR
- 4th Massachusetts Line
- Alastair MacDirk
- Concan the Kyrie Warrior
- Finn the Viking Champion
- Thorgrim the Viking Champion
- Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
- Sgt. Drake Alexander

ULLAR
- Warriors of Ashra
- Morsbane
- Jotun
- Dead Eye Dan
- Charos

UTGAR
- Deathstalkers
- Deathwalker 7000
- Marrden Hounds
- Su-Bak-Na
- Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
- Tornak

VYDAR
- Agent Carr
- Sudema

What about you? Do you have lonely figures?

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:29 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I have used all of my figures at least one time, I like to use what I buy if you know what I mean.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Since we played with the MS a few times without any boosters, I think I've tried everyone of those at least once. Of the boosters, though, I've never used the gladiators or Jotun.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
...or Jotun.

But he is so much fun to play! You should really take it upon yourself to at least try him once when you get a chance.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM

ferzle has disabled reputation
That's insane! You have never used Deadeye Dan? Or Taelord? Or the 4th Mass line? Wow!
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:36 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We play General Specific armies at my place, so I don't really use a lot of figs. I usually Always stick with Utgar, Ullar, and Einar. Some people will think this list is heresy.

Let's see. Who have I never used yet.

VYDAR
Krav Maga
Nakitas
Q-9
James Murphy
Dund
Laglor

JANDER
Nilfheim
Kelda
Airborne Elite
4th Mass
Eldgrim
Sir Gilbert

ULLAR
Saylind
Theracus

EINAR
Parmenio
Sacred Band
Spartacus
Retiarius

UTGAR
I've used em all, just not the Wave 6 guys yet.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferzle
That's insane! You have never used Deadeye Dan? Or Taelord? Or the 4th Mass line? Wow!
Yeah, a lot of the figures you listed as never having played are quality units. Especially the 4th Mass. And Charos, even. When 2.5 hit, he was always drafted at games.

Do you just have two or three set armies you play because you're most comfortable with them? I'm not at all knocking you for this. Rather I'm just curious how so many of these have been overlooked.

has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
of the ones i have, the only one i can think of that hasn't seen the battlefield is Dund.

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
I've played with all of them except Deadeye Dan, which I doubt I ever will. He's just too unpredictable. I'd rather spend 60 points somewhere else.

I must say though, if you ever play with the roman army, it's nice to have Parmenio & the Sacred Band in the mix too. Parmenio can make someone else's card disciplined, giving the Sacred Band the +1 defense for an all disciplined army. Right now at my house, that army has won every game it's been fielded, regardless of who is playing it.

While Morsbane is not my favorite, I've used him to great effect on Q9. He's not so scary when he can only attack once per turn.

Sgt. Drake gets used almost any game where we have a castle.

I rarely play with the Zettian Guards, EVER, but I have played them a few times.

Just got Taelord, and he's been on the losing team every game. He actually IS overcosted. I blame losing BECAUSE of that big phatt point hog. I doubt I'll ever play with him again unless I'm feilding a 1000+ point army. Even then, maybe not.

I've played with everything at least once, although some of them do get left out quite often now that I have enough figures to put together a decent army. The new guys that come over to play, they don't know. They'll pick Finn and Thorgrim just because they look cool.

Click to see more...
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Resident Artist

dnutt, what you and your wife need to do is run a game where you each can only draft units you've never played before. To at least get a feel for how they operate on the field. This way, you'll also be a little more familiar with them should you face the units in a game against someone other than your wife.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:43 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
We play General Specific armies at my place, so I don't really use a lot of figs. I usually Always stick with Utgar, Ullar, and Einar. Some people will think this list is heresy.

Let's see. Who have I never used yet.

VYDAR
Krav Maga
Nakitas
Q-9
James Murphy
Dund
Laglor

JANDER
Nilfheim
Kelda
Airborne Elite
4th Mass
Eldgrim
Sir Gilbert

ULLAR
Saylind
Theracus

EINAR
Parmenio
Sacred Band
Spartacus
Retiarius

UTGAR
I've used em all, just not the Wave 6 guys yet.

Some of these guys are an automatic draft in some cases! It just goes to show everyones preference to gameplay, strategy, alliance, and coolness of the figs! Uprisng, how long have you been playing out of curiosity?

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:47 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm surprised you've never used Kelda. She's not a frequent draftee, but fun to try with a Krug, Charos, Jotun, or other big beastie.

Regarding unused figs, I'm one who loves to give everyone some playtime, even if they typically suck. (yes, even Khosumet, DW7K, Dund, etc..). It's part of the challenge of the game. If I only ever played the "most likely to win" combos, the game would lose a lot of it's appeal. Trying to mix and mash together an unusual combo, or trying to make a rare ability work (Dund/DW7K/etc..) is a blast!

Sudema is WAY too expensive to really build a competitive 400 point army around, but you can certainly build a FUN army around her that might, just might mind you, squeak out a win from time to time.

A good way to ensure every fig gets playtime is to either:

1) for a series of games, figures can't be drafted again until ALL units have been drafted at least once... (yes, Dund and DW7K typically make an appearance at one of the last games)

or

2) do a reverse "slop" draft, where you get to draft the army of your opponent, and vice versa. Try to draft the most worthless and synergyless army you can muster that your opponent has to play with. These are really fun games since both armies on the table generally suck, but because they BOTH suck, it's a fair and balanced game. Forces one to "dust off" the rarely used units... plus, you might be pleasantly surprised at what they can actually achieve.

For example, in a slop draft game, my opponent gave me DW7K, who actually won me the game! He singlehandedly knocked off about half of my opponent's army, and then got adjacent to his Taelord, and proceeded to successfully blow himself up by rolling a 20!!! Wiped out 180 points of my opponent's 400 point army in one roll! Fun stuff.

Anyway, try one or both of the above drafting rules, and give those unused units a spin!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion