Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 16th, 2008, 12:44 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Gencon Championship Results (Day -1)

I don't have everyone's names from the top 16, but here is a partial list with everyone I know....

1 5-0 Hendal
2 5-0 Kaharma
3 5-0 Spider Posion
4 4-1 Killer Cactus
5 4-1 Matrix Renegade
6 4-1 Gamjuven
7 4-1 Southwest Ninja
8 4-1 Lonewolf
9 4-1 Mattster Truck Rally
10 4-1 Eirikr
11 4-1 Scaper_Dude
12 4-1 (not on forums)
13 4-1 Main Train Choochoo
14 3-2 Brownsfan82
15 3-2 Mecha Frog
16 3-2 Weesel

It shaping up to be a great second day. The people who were 3-2 and made it to the second day did so because they had the highest strength of schedule.

The matchups tomorrow will be 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc 4 rounds single elimination.

Some notables from this group are two family efforts, including Mattster Truck Rally and his brother MainTrainChooChoo, and myself and my son Scaper_Dude!

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by lonewolf; August 16th, 2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old August 16th, 2008, 01:15 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Gencon Championship Results (Day -1)

Thanks for the update lonewolf.
Old August 16th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Agreed, I can't wait to here the stories!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 16th, 2008, 02:08 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Thanks a lot for posting the results lonewolf. I appreciate it. +Rep coming, not now since " You must spread reputation before giving it to lonewolf again" but I will as soon as I can.
Old August 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

The tournament was great fun. Lonewolf rolled me in absolutely embarrassing fashion. I have to root for him to win. Good luck guys!
Old August 16th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang! Kahrma, Codeman, theGuru, and Jormi_Boced all didn't make it to the second day. Spider poison was the only one to out of my fantasy team.
Old August 16th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Yay! My fantasy team's beasting!

Old August 16th, 2008, 08:25 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Dang! Kahrma, Codeman, theGuru, and Jormi_Boced all didn't make it to the second day. Spider poison was the only one to out of my fantasy team.
I think Kahrma made it, I just couldn't remember his real name and the DCI output sheets put people's real names. Kahrma finished either 5-0 or 4-1, so he is one of the ?????????
Old August 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congrats to all the winners!

But...No Rev, or R˙chean?

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 16th, 2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:17 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
I think Kahrma made it, I just couldn't remember his real name and the DCI output sheets put people's real names. Kahrma finished either 5-0 or 4-1, so he is one of the ?????????
Greg (Kahrma) is the other 5-0. Here are a few of the armies of people that made it on:

Kahrma

Q9
3X Stingers
2X Rats
Raelin

Matrix Renegade

Finn
Thorgrim
Eldgrim
3X Knights
Krav

Spider

4X Glads
2X Blasts
Raelin

MattserTruckRally

(I think)
5X Mass
New Drake

Lonewolf and Scaper_Dude

4X Stingers
2X Rats
Raelin
Kaemon

Brownsfan82

Nilfheim
Zelrig
Q10

I'm not entirely sure of any other armies, but there are more armies with Stingers in them. Overall, there's a pretty good diversity, but it's mostly in the "good" units out there. I particularly think it's cool that matrixrenegade's knight army made it on.
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post

Matrix Renegade

Finn
Thorgrim
Eldgrim
3X Knights
Krav

I particularly think it's cool that matrixrenegade's knight army made it on.
GO KNIGHTS!! Of course he made the second day, he's got knights, plus he's 20 points short, unless you forgot the rest of his army.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, thats good. Go Karhma and Spider!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con