Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 7th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Nitro

The Book of Nitro

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 17
BLASTERS AND BEAST MASTERS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

Optional Marker for marking Nitro's place.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Chaos War set.
Its model number and name are #025 / Nitro.

Character Bio - "Robert Hunter was a retired electrical engineer who operated a ham radio as a hobby before the Lunatic Legion, a group of rebel Kree who had been monitoring his broadcasts, chose him to become their agent. The Legion took him to a hidden genetics laboratory and genetically altered his body, endowing him with the ability to explode his body's molecules and reassemble them at will. They dubbed him Nitro.

Recently, he was located in Stamford, Connecticut during a televised raid of a house containing him, the Cobalt Man, Speedfreek, and Coldheart. During the battle Nitro was attacked by Namorita. After being slammed into a bus, and continuously taunted by Namorita, he let off a massive explosion that killed the majority of The New Warriors, the children at a nearby elementary school, and the residents of the surrounding neighborhood. His actions ignited the event known as the super hero civil war." - Marvel Universe Wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by japes; August 5th, 2022 at 10:52 PM. Reason: png
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:35 AM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Nitro(Design Phase)

NAME = NITRO
SECRET IDENTITY = ROBERT HUNTER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = DESTRUCTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

MUTANT GROWTH HORMONES 2
At the end of the round, place one blue MGH Marker on this card, to a maximum of 2.

SELF-DETONATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4 + Special.
All figures within X spaces of Nitro are affected by this special attack, where X is equal to 1+ the number of MGH Markers on this card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures, and add one skull to your roll for each MGH Marker on this card. Affected figures roll defense separately. After using this special attack, remove all MGH Markers from this card.

DISPERSED
Once per round immediately after Nitro uses his Self-Detonation Special Attack, you may place Nitro on this card. When placed on this card Nitro will not take any leaving engagement attacks. At the beginning of any following round, before initiative is rolled, if Nitro is on this card and not destroyed, you may place him on the battlefield within one space of his previous placement. While on this card Nitro may not use any other special powers.

ORIGINAL DESIGN/CHANGE LOG
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by L0B5T3R; August 29th, 2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: SirG corrections
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:43 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

To start with Mutant Growth Hormones seems like a strange name for his charging his explosion SA; it seems like it should be the title for something more general that can be reused. I’d just call it Explosion or Explosive Recharge.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:49 AM

I'm not super attached to the name, it comes from him doping on the MGH to make his explosions more powerful.

Another thing I'd like to consider is removing the X marker ability from MGH, and possibly bumping the SA to 3+ special attack dice. I really like using strategy and waiting for the right moment to go boom, it also saves on text and simplifies the design a little.
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
To start with Mutant Growth Hormones seems like a strange name for his charging his explosion SA; it seems like it should be the title for something more general that can be reused. I’d just call it Explosion or Explosive Recharge.
Agreed. That could use a rename. The SA might want a more distinctive name as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
I'm not super attached to the name, it comes from him doping on the MGH to make his explosions more powerful.

Another thing I'd like to consider is removing the X marker ability from MGH, and possibly bumping the SA to 3+ special attack dice. I really like using strategy and waiting for the right moment to go boom, it also saves on text and simplifies the design a little.
I like those changes.
Old November 7th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Nitro (Breathing Period)

Reconstitute could use a rename, too - right now the name sounds like a healing power, which isn't what it's doing. Apart from the power names, though, this guy looks like fun.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 7th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If we're trimming the "X" OM stuff, we could maybe merge Reconstitute and MGH and call it something like Explosive Constitution.
Old November 7th, 2017, 12:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I just read through his comics history and I'm not feeling Assassin here for a class. Not sure what to replace it with though. Assassin would give him some synergy with some units that does not really seem accurate.

*edit* Maybe Criminal?
Old November 7th, 2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I just read through his comics history and I'm not feeling Assassin here for a class. Not sure what to replace it with though. That would give him some synergy with some units that does not really seem accurate.
I had assassin because he has been hired by Kingpin to elimimate targets. When I think of assassin though I think skill and stealth which isn't something Nitro is known for. I could see Mercenary.

I'm totally open to any name changes you guys see fit.

Dropping the XOM mechanic is also a thematic nod. Exploding is exhausting for him and that has been exploited to defeat him.
Old November 7th, 2017, 12:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Mercenary or Criminal could work for him. I've seen a few references to him being a career criminal and he does hire himself out for jobs (including hits), he just doesn't seem very assassin like to me. As for the SA, I agree it should be upped to 3+. His explosion seems like it is pretty powerful so 6 att. dice at max power seems fine to me.
Old November 7th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah my only real quibble was with the names. On the face of it, dropping the X and merging the first and last powers sounds sensible, but I'd avoid it - it muddles the "story" of the card. It's not that he's all deconstituted by nature, and becomes solid when he absorbs energy - it's that he ends up deconstituted as a consequence of expending his stored energy, by way of being exploded.

We're not really hurting for space so personally, I'd keep them split.
Old November 7th, 2017, 02:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess I'm in the minority here as I liked the names. The revealing of the X to get more juiced with the MGH seemed thematic to me.

I do agree with Johnny about keeping the powers separated. It does tell his story. Which is why I also like the naming.

Also as a rule I'm not a huge fan anymore of wordy combined powers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library