Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 25th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Premature Pre??? PreRelease D&D Wave 2 Expansion Specula

Already?

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whoever said golems wouldn't fit in is nuts. That figure is incredible.

Old February 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM

tech boy is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
For what it's worth, we also know that this wave will also be released in 2010. August-November is my guess.
Its great to see that heroscape isn't sitting in the back corner gathering dust. New release in August or November, are you sure?

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Doesn't seem like enough Vydar units IceMan. I though it was confirmed that D2 is Vydar heavy.

-insert signature here-
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Doesn't seem like enough Vydar units IceMan. I though it was confirmed that D2 is Vydar heavy.
Ya I know. Vydar has 7/18 figures at moment,but I'm startign to think that the Bronze Wyrmling will be Vydar.

The Drow Hero I threw in was a filler. I'm also starting to think it should be another Warforged Hero.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I think with the current state of vydar's army, a full pack plus 2 figures is about as "heavy" as you can expect Vydar to get. In fact, looking back, that's approximately 2 figures more than Vydar's ever gotten in a wave before, which looks to be 2 squads.

Edit: If there is a Bronze Wyrmling, that would be a bad choice for Vydar, since they are "duty-bound and honorable to a fault." A Copper Wyrmling is probably a good choice, "they are born tricksters and jokesters" and "quite devious and clever." If those descriptions are even from the right versions of these metallic dragons.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; February 25th, 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:30 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Already?

Spoiler Alert!
Heck yes already

It's never to premature to start a premature speculation thread

Iceman, I really hope that we don't start getting packs with only 4 figures in them unless there are multiple large figures...I think that would be taking a step backwards in terms of Heroscape value.

That goblin squad, for it to make any sense in relation to DND Goblins, will need to be at least 4 figures if not the first 5 figure unit. We already know they are not limiting themselves to the recent sets, so there are LOTS of goblin minis to draw from to make this unit. Making a 4 or 5 figure squad that looks good together (using repaints) would be fairly easy.

On the Wyrmling side of things, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the Medium Dragon figures as Wyrmlings. They used the Large Black Dragon as a 'Young' dragon in MS3, so they are adjusting the DND Minis size in the DDM game to match the scale already set in the Heroscape game...so the Medium Dragons would fit that scale nicely. This opens up options for a pack very similar to the Elemental pack in D1 with 4 different dragons of varied color along with the Golem.

One thing about Warforged is that they are a Player Character race, so I would lean away from a common squad for them and lean more towards Unique Heroes, though they have the minis I think to do both if they desired.

Can't you already feel the building excitement

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Yes, I was thinking of the young dragons as well. Then I seen the wyrmlings. If they used the youngs,then I would be way happier.

I was looking for more goblins,but couldn't find anymore. I hit the goblins category on the website we used last time and the ones I picked was the only few that came up. I would love to make that a 4 figure squad.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Jer Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Iceman, I really hope that we don't start getting packs with only 4 figures in them unless there are multiple large figures...I think that would be taking a step backwards in terms of Heroscape value.
What if one of the four figures was a huge figure instead of a large one?

(I don't know how I feel about that myself or if that even makes sense given the packaging, but I thought I'd throw that out there).

Quote:
On the Wyrmling side of things, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the Medium Dragon figures as Wyrmlings. They used the Large Black Dragon as a 'Young' dragon in MS3, so they are adjusting the DND Minis size in the DDM game to match the scale already set in the Heroscape game...so the Medium Dragons would fit that scale nicely. This opens up options for a pack very similar to the Elemental pack in D1 with 4 different dragons of varied color along with the Golem.
As far as dragons go - in 4e D&D wyrmlings are size medium and young and adult dragons are size large (Elder dragons are Huge). IIRC in 3e (and therefore in the older DDM mini packs) wyrmlings were small rather than medium. So I could see a mix of small and medium dragons in a pack labeled "wyrmlings". I don't think we're going to be restricted to just the 3 figures with the name "wyrmlings" attached to them right now in that pack. (Not to mention that "wyrmlings" is a bit ambiguous and could possibly include drakes as well as young dragons, I suppose).

Quote:
One thing about Warforged is that they are a Player Character race, so I would lean away from a common squad for them and lean more towards Unique Heroes, though they have the minis I think to do both if they desired.

Can't you already feel the building excitement
I would LOVE to see a squad of warforged, but I agree that we'll probably only see a Unique Hero.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:02 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Could anyone tell me if the balrog-like DnD miniature would fit in a booster set? I would love to see him make a HeroScape appearance.
I made a custom with the Balor figure. The link is below. I also included a comparison shot with Agent Carr so that should be exactly what your looking for.
Nice.

I really don't want this guy to be the golem. I've always thought of golems to be more elemental creatures made out of materials like diamond, gold, silver, bronze, stone etc. and fighting unarmed.

I think if we do get Wyrmlings, they will be painted as a common squad.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
For what it's worth, we also know that this wave will also be released in 2010. August-November is my guess.
Its great to see that heroscape isn't sitting in the back corner gathering dust. New release in August or November, are you sure?
No, not August OR November, I meant like August THROUGH November. As in, Fall 2010.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:37 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:

Could anyone tell me if the balrog-like DnD miniature would fit in a booster set? I would love to see him make a HeroScape appearance.
I made a custom with the Balor figure. The link is below. I also included a comparison shot with Agent Carr so that should be exactly what your looking for.
Nice.

I really don't want this guy to be the golem. I've always thought of golems to be more elemental creatures made out of materials like diamond, gold, silver, bronze, stone etc. and fighting unarmed.

I think if we do get Wyrmlings, they will be painted as a common squad.
I'm thinking that they may end up being like the elementals! I hope not unless they release a hero to help them out as well. I hope they come out as a squadron of wyrmlings. That would much better. If the wyrmlings are competative then that ups Skyhunter's value as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News