Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 7th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Official Wizards Feedback Thread (Summary pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
I searched the thread and didn't see this question asked already; apologies if I missed it.

Paul, are you able to tell us yet what types and sizes of tiles will be in the wave 8 figure packs? Thanks.
Unfortunately, there aren't any tiles in any of the Wave 8 packs.
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:10 PM

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni View Post
Paul,

Is there any chance that we’ll start seeing you guys at the Seattle ComiCon since your HQ is in Renton? You can save your new Con exclusives for Gen Con or the big San Diego ComiCon, I would be happy with getting previous year’s figure.
There isn't a Wizards presence, as far as I know, but I'm sure there will be a whole bunch of Wizards folks wandering round in the crowds. However, I'm not going to be there on either day - I've got other commitments all over the place this weekend.
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Paul, does this mean that in the future when past waves are re-released that they also will no longer contain hex tiles, or in this instance is it just a by-product of what we've been given for figures this time around?
A reprint shouldn't be affected by this - if it had tiles before, it should still have tiles (unless something crazy has happened with the costs, or we no longer have a mold available, or something similar).
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral_Mass View Post
Paul
Up until recently most units have been mostly fantasy, sci-fi, or historical based. Can we expect to see more horror type figures in the future? Perhaps some Lovecraftian beasties or nightmares like those from Dreamblade(not from the game just using this as an example).
No - Lovecraftian horror is outside the Heroscape universe. Undead are ok, but it has to be something that would be PG-13 at the most, with PG preferred.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Paul, how familiar are you with the design philosophies behind many of the units? How is it decided if a unit should having synergy (bonding, auras, other boosts) or not? How is it decided which general gets figures in each wave? Who decides which general a figure even goes to?
I'm pretty familiar with those decisions, but I don't actually have to make any of them. The way it's decided is simple: The army designer (or the card designer if we're adding to an existing army) chooses which synergies to put in, and which general a figure goes to. Then, playtesters figure out whether it can be improved and what the cost should really be.
Old May 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Another question, Paul: Could we see a PDF of the Ticalla jungle rulebook sometime before the 6/13 release?
Yes.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:54 PM

I'm home sick at the moment, which has kind of put a dampener on Wave 8 previews and answers to questions and things like that. But, I expect that more will show up over the weekend if I can find a copy of my preview list to figure out what was coming next (an Elf, I think, but was it Emirroon or Chardris...).
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Mr. Barclay,
Is it okay for other sites to be showing your previews, or are these supposed to be private?

It's being discussed here, so I though I'd ask the company.
That's more an ethics question than a permission question. Another site using the images in the same way that Heroscapers uses them (general discussion) would be quite fine with Wizards (eventually, they'll all be up on the Heroscape.com site anyway). But, these images are on Heroscapers for a reason. The ethical thing to do if you're reusing images is to give credit to Heroscapers.

At least, that's my personal opinion.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Paul. Is it true that the Doggin Cavalry will be in Wave 9? Is there any planned cards to have a GenCon from Wave 9? Will Wave 9 be out before X-Mas?
I don't have any information on Wave 9 to release at this point. I'm hoping to have some after Wave 8 releases.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Paul,

This community has developed various standards of play which permeate and form the foundation of many of our discussions and events. Chiefly, and for various reasons, we've settled on 500-point armies fitting into 24-space starting zones. Many folks vary this somewhat to liven up their games, but that's the agreed standard from which they deviate.

My question is: How do the folks over at WotC play the game? Do you play small, 1v1 maps? Gigantic 4v4 wars? Special scenarios? (C'mon Paul, we know you use Taelord for your D&D wizard... )
Most people I've talked to use the scenarios from the rulebooks - it's a pretty casual play crowd here, and a lot of people are discovering Heroscape for the first time.

Personally, I don't get to play very often at all, partly because my work doesn't lend itself to playtesting, and partly because people keep stealing all my figures for sales and marketing purposes, and I can't get replacements because the product room is always sold out /. If I could play a bunch, I'd want to try out 1,000-3,000 point games, to figure out a way to make large point-cost gameplay work out ok.

(Actually, my D&D character is a cleric. Or, more correctly, for the next 11 hours, my D&D character is a cleric - after that, Kyuss is dead, this campaign's over and it's time for a 4th Edition campaign)
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
Paul,
Quite a while back, Hasbro had a poll question asking us what other products we'd like to see. For example, the options that I can remember we
A. Dice Tower
B. Shirt
C. Army Card holder
D. Other things that I can't remember

If I remember correctly, the Army card holder was the winning option. Are these still planned items?

Thank you
Right now, none of those items are planned. We're focusing on the core parts of Heroscape - figures, stats, and scenarios, as that's the way we get the most bang out of the limited resources we have available.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Paul, are there any plans (or preliminary ideas) for the next castle-like structure (or who it might be for)?
No plans at this time. It's going to be hard - the castle is simply far too awesome, and it's likely that anything we could make would compare unfavorably to it. We'll need to see how well Heroscape does in hobby stores before we jump into designing something else that elaborate. Hobby stores are a natural fit for the types of products that could still compare well to the castle.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News