Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Tagawa Samurai Archers

I'm going to change my opinion on these guys.

If you use them with Raelin, they are a good counter to Sentinels and Minions.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:43 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

With the advent of the aggressive Phantom Knights, all ranged commons are better.

Next Generation

Old June 7th, 2010, 12:03 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hm I wish these guys had one more defense or something to give them a bit more oomf... I really want to pick them up as they are one of the few figures I am missing, but it is hard to justify with their stats. I do love the idea of samurai archers with CS though, and they would look epic fighting alongside cocky old Kato.
Old June 7th, 2010, 01:29 AM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Hm I wish these guys had one more defense or something to give them a bit more oomf... I really want to pick them up as they are one of the few figures I am missing, but it is hard to justify with their stats. I do love the idea of samurai archers with CS though, and they would look epic fighting alongside cocky old Kato.

I had the same problem as you, I picked them up on ebay, (not cheap mind you)

But then i never play them, because they are not very good. they could be ok if you where only playing against blade gruts, but anything stonger has too many defense dice to kill with their attack and too many attack dice to be killed by their counter strike.

I just don't understand how these guys got the short end of the deal when K awa from the same wave is so awesome.

I think they can work ok, in a few very specific situations, but there are almost always better options.
(too bad, their sculpts are wicked awesome.)

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:40 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yea, when I get them(and I probably finally will) I will have to make an army specifically to give my two squads of them a good game, probably something like sitting them on top of a defense glyph and some height... With Raelin.. After all the range has been eliminated.
Old August 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
But then i never play them, because they are not very good. they could be ok if you where only playing against blade gruts, but anything stonger has too many defense dice to kill with their attack and too many attack dice to be killed by their counter strike.

I just don't understand how these guys got the short end of the deal when K awa from the same wave is so awesome.

I think they can work ok, in a few very specific situations, but there are almost always better options.
(too bad, their sculpts are wicked awesome.)
Any squad that looks awesome is fun to play . My brother and I proxied 8 squads of these guys (520 pts) vs. an army composed mostly of Phantom Knights. The Sam Archers held up pretty well. Whenever my opponent whiffed on offense, my shields were suddenly skulls . That's the beauty of it. Plus, they can run-n-gun pretty well. I want to try them with Raelin, too, though.

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old August 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

In the "change the card thread" I thought it would be cool if the card was more like this.

move:5
range:6
attack:2
defense:3

Add to card: before taking a turn with the Tagawa Samuari Archers you may first take a turn with any unique samuari squad you control. (They would still have counterstrike as well)
Old August 10th, 2010, 08:53 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaint View Post
In the "change the card thread" I thought it would be cool if the card was more like this.

Add to card: before taking a turn with the Tagawa Samuari Archers you may first take a turn with any unique samuari squad you control. (They would still have counterstrike as well)
I'm happy with leaving everything the way it is, except making their defense 4 instead of 3. I think they would be priced right that way considering their low attack and only three attacks. The 4 defense would be huge in making their counterstrike actually worth it.

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Pretty Much Izumis with Range!

These guys are insanely fun and strong already! The trick is to grab and Raelin and Izumis. Flesh out the rest of your army with figures that lend themselves to the idea of heavy damage and/or shock troops.

This is literally one of my favorite builds:

Raelin
Izumis(protecting Raelin)
TSAx3
Kaemon/Tagawa
Fire Elemental
Isamu/Otonashi

Use your choice of 120point samurai. The Tagawa have great defense(for a squad) and build up their attack. Using them as shock troops fills their card with purple quickly. Using Kaemon as a spearhead is pretty straight forward and then using the other 45 points worth of figures to deal as many wounds as possible(in fact this helps with Tagawa by softening up enemy heroes and it is always great to know one of those experience markers came from a hero).

As you strike with 2 attacks of 2-3 with the TSA, you keep moving one up until it can attack while still in Raelin's aura. In the mid-game it is very possible that it will be able to.

For 195 points of them and 80 from Raelin these guys are great at throwing dice at your opponent. Plus I always use their sculpts to further defend Raelin.

The Izumis should never have to be called upon, but if they are, you'll get some 7 defense squaddies on your opponent's hynies. Engage your foe ASAP if they get behind to greet Raelin and(try to) attack!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 11th, 2010, 12:11 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

One themed-ish army I'd love to try:

Raelin 80
TSA x5 405
Kozuke 505

Raelin+TSA is your bread and butter; Kozukes stay back until something with a high defense threatens the archers. Sounds like fun to me!
Old August 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
One themed-ish army I'd love to try:

Raelin 80
TSA x5 405
Kozuke 505

Raelin+TSA is your bread and butter; Kozukes stay back until something with a high defense threatens the archers. Sounds like fun to me!
I loves it. You could stick KA in instead of Kozuke, too.

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old August 11th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaint View Post

The hasbro team origanal tested them with bonding, but eventullay deemed it overpowered.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units