Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old March 30th, 2007, 06:40 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Free Comic Book Day

The local comic shop said that there was going to be a "Free Comic Book Day" on Saturday May 5th. They gave me the website www.freecomicbookday.com for the comics that are going to be given away.

Thought that I'd share this with everyone who is interested. Free Reads.
Here are the ones I'm interested in:
Gold Sponsors-
Transformers (may or maynot pass, depends at the time)
The Umbrella Academy (really only want for the Zero Killer by Rex Mundi)
Silver Sponsors-
Arcana Studios Presents (find out whats new with them)
Last Blood (Wife would love this!)
Jack The Lantern (sounds interesting)
JLA (ninthdoc, I'm sure you'll like that one. )
The Unseen Peanuts (Love Charlie Brown!)

There are many more comics then the list above. On the site, they have a zipcode search that will let you know what shops in your area will have this!
Old March 30th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
I love Free Comic Book Day, I think this is the 5th one. By the way, you left out Spider-Man Swing Shift!

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old March 30th, 2007, 11:26 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
My son and I have been waiting impatiently for Free Comic Book Day this year. Unfortunately, I already have the JLA that they are offering. It's issue #0 to the current series. It was a cool read, but they released it about 8 months ago or so.

I'd recommend picking it up, if you can find it for free. It covers the whole history of the league drawing them in the appropriate styles through the years. When they are remembering fighting with Starro, it is drawn in the Silver Age style. Later they remember when Batman slugged Guy Gardner and it is drawn in the style of the early and mid-90s. There are also some really great character pastiches showing you what the heroes (the Trinity) is feeling at different major times of their lives (like when the Joker kills Jason Todd).

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Remember ladies and gentlemen, today is the free comic book day.
Old May 5th, 2007, 04:49 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I went today. It wasn't as much fun as I'd hoped since I had to go alone. My son got into trouble at school and I had to punish him. I took Free Comic Book Day away. He had to stay home while daddy went out. This may sound harsh, but he's been needing to be taken down a peg or two.

I went to the Plano Lone Star. They completely blew. They limited the freebies to one per person. I know this one of their smaller stores, but c'mon: it's Lone Star!

So I went down the street to Madness Games and Comics in Plano. OMG! They did limit the freebies to 4, but they had soooooooo much more. They were also having a storewide 30% off sale. You could pick up BattleLore for about $55 including tax. They also had a special: Vegas Showdown, Monsters Menace America, Nexus Ops, or Betrayal on House on Haunted Hill for $20 each or buy all 4 for $50. I almost had to spend $100 to get out of there, but I resisted. I dunno why since I'm working a couple of off duty gigs this weekend raking in some mega bucks, but I did resist.

Overall, it was a meh outing for me. It just wasn't as much fun w/you my boy.

Oh, I got the Heroclix Batman promo from Lone Star and Legion of Super Heroes (the one based on the WB cartoon), Spider-Man (containing an orginal story), Who Wants to Be a Superhero (featuring Feedback), and The Wolfman (by Image).

Old May 5th, 2007, 04:58 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
Here's what I got:

Spider-Man Swing Shift
Tokyopop: Choose Your Weapon
The Astounding Wolf-Man #1
Transformers Movie Prequel
Comics 101
Wizard's How To Draw
Marvel Three-In-One
Promotional Clone Trooper Star Wars Miniature

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old May 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
ATF Agent

Dang, I didn't see that Marvel Three-In-One.

I thought I heard them say that the Astounding Wolf Man #1 would not be reprinted until the collected edition hits and this was the only way to get it. Is this right? Do you know?

Old May 5th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I got Pirates vs. Ninjas #1 along with pretty much one of everything.

The cool thing is that one of the stories in the Dark Horse comic called the Umbrella Academy is written by Gerard Way, the lead singer of My Chemical Romance. The very cool thing is that MCR is performing in Maine tomorrow night and they are presenting the band with the key to the city at a private reception tomorrow afternoon. I was fortunate enough to win my way into this reception and now I have a comic to get signed.
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
ATF Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
I got Pirates vs. Ninjas #1 along with pretty much one of everything.

The cool thing is that one of the stories in the Dark Horse comic called the Umbrella Academy is written by Gerard Way, the lead singer of My Chemical Romance. The very cool thing is that MCR is performing in Maine tomorrow night and they are presenting the band with the key to the city at a private reception tomorrow afternoon. I was fortunate enough to win my way into this reception and now I have a comic to get signed.
That's awesome! Rotsa Ruck!

Old May 5th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Dang, I didn't know about any promo figures or anything. I'd think that Tucson would be a big enough city to get something like that. One smaller but very popular store didn't limit the comics you could get, and a big store limited people to 4. I was able to get 1 of ever comic with out problem, but I'd love to have gotten a promo figure. The sales at the 2 stores that my wife and I went to where awesome. Buy 1 toy, get 3 FREE.. WHAT... That was great, didn't have the money for that though...

I am now depressed, I wan't free figures........

Old May 5th, 2007, 10:52 PM
ATF Agent

insomnimaniac, don't feel bad, since WizKids has gotten horsey w/their distribution lately, many FLGSs have had to stop carrying their product.

Old May 5th, 2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
insomnimaniac, don't feel bad, since WizKids has gotten horsey w/their distribution lately, many FLGSs have had to stop carrying their product.
I'm unaware of what happened. I'd rather support my Friendly Local Game store instead of a website company for 1 booster pack or so......

Whats the scoop Doc?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media