Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old December 12th, 2006, 06:19 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
R.I.P. Martin Nodell, creator of the Green Lantern

Martin Nodell passed away on Saturday from natural causes. He was 91. In 1940 he created the Alan Scott Green Lantern, becoming one of comic's pioneers.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/book....ap/index.html

Old December 12th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Really? Wow.

RIP, Mr. Nordell

Old December 13th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Tis sad.
I met Nordell at a comic convention in the late 80s . No crowd fanfare. Just him and his wife - sad again.
He was kind enough to sign a comic book backing board I was collecting signatures on. I'll need to see if I can find that somewhere.

Thanks for posting the news, Havokscry.
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:52 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I agree, that is sad, H_E_H. I always preferred the Alan Ladd costume to any of the others. Mr. Nordell needed a better deal like Siegel and Schuster or Bob Kane got.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 14th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
I always preferred the Alan Ladd costume to any of the others.
Each costume had it's stylings influenced by the era the comic was published from. The original suit reflected more of a mystic type of character with that big collared cape and stuff. I can see how you like this one a lot, Ninth: it's got all the hallmarks of the pulp/serial era:

Gil Kane's costume design for GL when he was revamped in the Silver Age. Totally reflected the space age and the sleekness many SA supes came to wear: Flash, Atom - heck even the F.F.'s suits. G.L.'s suit has to be one of my favorite superhero costumes of all:
Old December 14th, 2006, 01:49 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
A moment of silence............................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... .

R.I.P.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media