Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 31st, 2014, 02:21 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Playtesting and price balancing are the main things at this point, I guess.

I'll also say, contrary to Scytale, that I liked him as a Demon. I don't think it's hard to justify, looking at the figure, and I generally prefer re-using classes/species/personalities when there's an appropriate choice. But just make sure whatever you choose is consistent with your vision for the figure.
I'm fine without him being a Demon; since I can actually bump his normal move up to 6 like I wanted before.
Old January 31st, 2014, 03:06 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

I'll also say, contrary to Scytale, that I liked him as a Demon. I don't think it's hard to justify, looking at the figure, and I generally prefer re-using classes/species/personalities when there's an appropriate choice. But just make sure whatever you choose is consistent with your vision for the figure.
I'm fine without him being a Demon; since I can actually bump his normal move up to 6 like I wanted before.
I prefer him not being a demon and see him much more as an obscure race of monster. I'm not sure if I agree with him being an Ashidulu, however. It strikes me as weird to have a unique hero that has the same name as its species. That would be like if Dund were name Doggin or some such. If it's going to be an obscure race anyway, we can just throw a different weird name on it or go more basic and call it a Worm or something.
Old January 31st, 2014, 03:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I prefer him not being a demon and see him much more as an obscure race of monster. I'm not sure if I agree with him being an Ashidulu, however. It strikes me as weird to have a unique hero that has the same name as its species. That would be like if Dund were name Doggin or some such. If it's going to be an obscure race anyway, we can just throw a different weird name on it or go more basic and call it a Worm or something.
Deathwalkers

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 31st, 2014, 05:25 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I already posted that his new species name is going to be Ashi-Tan.

EDIT: Deathwalkers is the class of the Soulborg for Deathwalkers, not species.

EDIT 2: You know what? I should just call his species a Sandworm!

Last edited by MegaSilver; January 31st, 2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old January 31st, 2014, 06:01 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
EDIT 2: You know what? I should just call his species a Sandworm!
Only if it comes with a Spice Glyph
Old February 7th, 2014, 07:56 AM

New version of Ashi-Dhulu; notably now he can attack after he Devours. Be careful were you place your figures endgame!

Old February 7th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
New version of Ashi-Dhulu; notably now he can attack after he Devours. Be careful were you place your figures endgame!

Being able to attack after Devour makes a huge difference as far as his power goes. While Grimnak can chomp a wider range of options and he has one more life, I think Ashi-Dhulu has him beat overall with his extra defense, maneuverability, and two extra attack. I wonder if he has uses beyond the end-game with this boon. He's still fairly fragile with only 4 life, but all it takes is to wait for your melee screen to advance and start tying down enough opponents and have the sandworm dive in and pick off more isolated pockets that won't bring too many attacks against him before he can get out.

I don't know if that would really be the case without playtesting, however. I still like the unit overall and I like that he eats common figures instead of just squads since I think Unique Squads have it bad enough and I feel that, given limitations on figure availability, we have not seen the last of the common figure pseudo-squad.
Old February 7th, 2014, 10:00 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Just a thought -- what if Devour replaced the attack, but healed it one wound? Because, you know, lunch.
Old February 7th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Just a thought -- what if Devour replaced the attack, but healed it one wound? Because, you know, lunch.
That sounds like a fun, thematic idea.
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
That sounds like a fun, thematic idea.

I like the race Sandworm, but maybe something a little more poetic or metaphoric might be better. Perhaps Doomworm or Night Tunneler (a big night crawler so you can catch bigger fish )

Also, where's his line of sight?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:12 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I like doomworm.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the new version. A couple of comments:

1) I suggest dropping his Move value, significantly. Maybe to 3. I like the idea of making him more reliant on burrowing.

2) Does his attack need to be that high? It seems like he'll have plenty to offer with Devour. Dropping it to 3 or even 2 would focus the design more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards