Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 31st, 2019, 09:41 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Anyone else enjoying the irony of a comment from johnny triggering the discussion of a minor reeval?

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old August 31st, 2019, 09:43 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think not including Interlopers in our JLA Batman was a mistake.
My feelings about that are similar to T-Spinny’s about Judge Dredd.
I used to be upset by it but since you ended up going a different way with Geo-force it bothers me less. The Geo-Force power you had would have been perfect with JL Batman.
It’s one of the major reasons I took Geo in a different direction. I do like how Geo doesn’t just feel like Mister Fantastic lite now.

At this point, given the ripple effect of the original decision, I would rather see a full Outsiders Batman. I agree with MrNobody on theme as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 31st, 2019, 12:52 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Thematically, having them be the same guy is a bit weird (Batman formed the Outsiders when he quit the League), but it seems like they got over that nowadays. I’d have no problem with adding that in.
I'm still a flat no. If she doesn't warrant both leader times, just make a JLA leader design. No need to rope them together. That just seems clumsy and uninteresting to me. I'd much prefer more subtlety there. As in not designed around the JLA but works well with the JLA through classes.

We have prime ground for the birds of prey and they could be worked together off of Batgirl (Barbara) II design. And it could be stylized like any number of bonding/OM efficiency turns we already possess. I personally think an attack stylized type of bonding would be glorious for this.
Old August 31st, 2019, 01:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think you mean Oracle II.

Seems like it’s just a difference in design philosophy. I don’t think it’s clumsy at all, and way simpler than having to do a whole other design for BoP Field Leader Canary or BoP Oracle. I just have no problems with the JL Marker mechanics allowing you to form other thematic teams. If I did a JL Hal Jordan, for example, I’d want to include Officers so he could play in an all-GL army if you wanted.

It doesn’t really matter, I suppose, since this design isn’t at the top of my to-do list anyways. But I don’t see a huge thematic difference between Dinah in the two leadership roles (especially since the JL seemed to utilize Oracle some in this era), so I guess I just don’t see it as sloppy.

EDIT: My feelings would be different if we were trying to capture entirely different eras (Like the Silver Age version and the modern one) in one design. But it’s the same person from generally around the same era of storytelling. That makes a difference to me.
Old August 31st, 2019, 03:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, at this point we'd have to go back to the table and put Batman III through some pretty extensive retesting in order to reintegrate with Interlopers and it's probably going to be just as much time and effort to create a brand new Outsiders Batman. Ship has sailed, unfortunately.

Also in retrospect I would have liked our JL markers to be something a bit more general - like "Justice Markers" - so that these team overlaps feel a little less weird.

But honestly, a lot of people have gone to bat trying to make a good Birds of Prey Dinah and I don't think anyone has really succeeded. A JL Dinah that also lets you play a BoP army seems like the most successful way to solve that.
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

NAME = VRIL DOX
SECRET IDENTITY = VRIL DOX II

SPECIES = COLUAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

MANIPULATION
Before moving, you may choose one Unique Hero adjacent to Vril Dox and remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from the chosen figure's Army Card. If Vril Dox attacks the chosen figure this turn, subtract one skull from whatever is rolled. Manipulation cannot be used against figures with the Valiant personality and can only be used once per round.

STRATEGIC INTERVENTION
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if that Hero attacked and no opponents' figures received wounds this turn, you may immediately reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, choose a Unique Hero you control within 6 spaces of Vril Dox that has not attacked this turn and take an immediate turn with the chosen Hero. Vril Dox may be the chosen figure. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SHIELD BELT
Start the game with the Glyph of Shield Belt on this card. While the glyph is on this card, it cannot be destroyed by any means and Vril Dox cannot lose it by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

FLYING

BIO- Vril Dox II is Brainiac's genetic clone. He is the founder of L.E.G.I.O.N., an intergalactic police force. Using his vast intelligence, Vril is a cold, calculating leader who cared only for the task at hand. He briefly lost control of L.E.G.I.O.N to his son Lyrl Dox, and has recently lost control again to Starro the Conqueror. Both times he formed a subsidiary group to retake L.E.G.I.O.N. called R.E.B.E.L.S.
Definitely a bit of an oddball, he's the sort-of main character of the L.E.G.I.O.N. and R.E.B.E.L.S. books. He's buddies with Lobo, Adam Strange, Starfire, and a bunch of other characters so minor that not even I want to do them.

I'm a bit worried about his powers comboing too well for a character of his pedigree. On one hand he's a leader of an interplanetary peace-keeping (for money) force, but on the other hand he's really just a (very smart) dude. Being able to combo a Manipulation into an almost-guaranteed Strategic Intervention (because his 3 attack minus 1 skull isn't going to be doing much damage) might just be unfun for the opponent.
Old September 9th, 2019, 05:31 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Looks interesting to me!

- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old September 9th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In terms of the metagame, Manipulation is something I worry about adding any more of. Not sure what our current count is, but I know you can at least have Meteorite with Manipulation and Beast with Negotiation. I worry about scenarios where it's too easy to win initiative and shut down your enemy's entire round consistently.

I know Before Moving and the OM guessing game provides some protection for that, I just worry about these powers getting too common (and I'm pretty much responsible for Negotiation being on Beast, so I know, I know .... I let that genie out of the bottle ).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 9th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Manipulation has no OM requirement?
Old September 9th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Not Citrus

Negotiation and Manipulation are difficult enough to use that I don't really see the issue (particularly Negotiation).

- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old September 9th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Manipulation is nasty (no OMs needed - combo Skycycle Hawkeye and Meteorite sometime). Agree with Bats that I wouldn't reuse it lightly.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)
Old September 9th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

So if you're afraid he's too good at what he's doing for a minor character, that might be the first place I look.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project