Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 25th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Green Lantern Hal Jordan - Playtesting Phase

He still only has four lives, though, so you'd just have to respond with methods of wounding that don't require attacks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 26th, 2010, 01:21 AM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got a shipment in today with some of the new c3g characters, (the other half of them are coming from troll and toad) question is, how are you guys mounting Hal? I normally wouldn't use the clear plastic stand, but his pegged foot is up higher than his other foot.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Drill a hole in the base at an angle and use the peg to position GL so that he is leaning forward.
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:28 AM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good idea, I'll do it. Really hoping to get in some playtesting with these dudes.
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:19 AM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Ugh, I hate it when people kill their own figures like that. Maybe if you were trying to boost Darkseid, but Green Lantern? So unheroic.
They are sacrificing themselves for the greater good of the universe. With their brave spirits encouraging Green Lantern he will stop at nothing to rid the battlefield of the evils that plague the universe.

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old March 26th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh ... are you sure I didn't accidentally link a picture of Parallax?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 27th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

GL did very poorly against Jotun and the Krav. He even did poorly against Jotun by himself. Those eight dice are killer. Some of it was bad luck, but some wasn't. He did manage to get the Hulk (one-on-one battle) down to 1 Life.

Sherman Davies and I playtested him at Chas' house. We felt he is a bit overpriced at 350, as written. Even with Defense 7 he has a hard time standing up to massive attacks, given his Life of 4, and once he starts using up tokens, it's like crack.

Old March 27th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

Well an attack of 8 isn't standard in the game, and he does have range. I would think that Jotun would be a pretty good matchup with him. I wonder how much of that is the dice, though?
Did you roll high enough for his Fearless Charge at all?
I kind of expected him to be worth more than 350 going into playtesting, so I'm surprised to hear it might be otherwise.
Are you planning to do a full feedback sheet on him or just some casual testing?

Old March 27th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I don't want to sound overly critical here, but I really want to stress how important it is to use GL's power shield. If your opponent rolls enough wounds to kill you, you should pretty much always use a power shield to avoid the attack. If you don't, because you want to maintain those great stats, and you think that you are going to milk 3 or 4 shields out of your defense of 7, you kinda deserve to learn your lesson. The lesson is, Use Your Power Shield.

~ Griffin, hopefully helpful

PS, The first time your opponent rolls a great attack, and you have not taken any wounds, that is about the only time where it is wise to roll defense. You are likely to survive, but take a few damage points. That is only going to help you with two things:
1) You will be forced to use your Power Shield like a good Scaper.
2) You will have just boosted your D20 roll for the Fearless Charge for the rest of the game.

~ Griffin, using the Lantern to show you the way
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

I usually use the markers based on what I expect his average shields to be. If the number of shields I need to stay alive is higher than what I would average on that number of dice, I will use the marker.
That said, Green Lantern should be starting off with 8 dice on Jotun, since his superior mobility and range would allow him to get and keep height on Jotun - and since he's a flying figure, Jotun can't throw him.
Jotun would be averaging 4 dice per attack.
That means the first time Jotun attacks, I'm rolling defense dice, hitting 2.66 shields on average on my 8 defense dice and taking an average of 1.33 wounds.
If I do take two wounds, I'm going to have to burn Markers on the next four attacks by Jotun. If I take only one wound, I'm going to roll defense again, and then I'll burn Markers on the next four attacks by Jotun.
This is all assuming, of course, that Jotun actually hits that 4 skull average each and every attack rather than having some lower skull rolls I feel confident rolling defense against and some higher skull rolls that I'll use the Markers on in the meantime.
So Green Lantern will probably survive about 5-6 attacks from Jotun before he's out of Markers and down to 5 defense (including height) and 2 life. Then if Jotun gets his 4 skulls again, Green Lantern will roll 1.66 shields on his 5 defense and take the remaining 2 wounds to die. So it should usually take at least 6-7 attacks for Jotun to kill Green Lantern if both are rolling average dice.
What this means is, if Green Lantern gets in the first attack (and he should, given superior mobility and range), he'll get off 6-7 attacks on Jotun even if he doesn't frenzy before he's dead.
The attacks (from height) should go like this:

1) 8 attack (4 skulls average)
2) 8 (4)
3) Either 8 (4) or 7 (3.5)
4) Either 7 (3.5) or 6 (3)
5) Either 6 (3) or 5 (2.5)
6) 5 (2.5) or 4 (2)

Jotun, with his 4 defense, would be rolling an average of 1.33 shields per turn.
That equals averages of, per attack:

1) 2.66 wounds
2) 2.66 wounds
3) 2.66 or 2.17 wounds
4) 2.17 or 1.66 wounds
5) 1.66 or 1.17 wounds
6) 1.17 or 0.66 wounds

In either scenario, Green Lantern kills Jotun, on average, by his third attack. Even if he doesn't get in the first strike (so we start on 2 and go from there), he kills Jotun by either his third or his fourth attack.
My point being, if Green Lantern was played well, he should beat Jotun. If he didn't, it was probably due to unfortunate dice. Which happens in this game.

Last edited by IAmBatman; March 27th, 2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:19 AM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I usually use the markers based on what I expect his average shields to be. If the number of shields I need to stay alive is higher than what I would average on that number of dice, I will use the marker.
That said, Green Lantern should be starting off with 8 dice on Jotun, since his superior mobility and range would allow him to get and keep height on Jotun - and since he's a flying figure, Jotun can't throw him.
Jotun would be averaging 4 dice per attack.
That means the first time Jotun attacks, I'm rolling defense dice, hitting 2.66 shields on average on my 8 defense dice and taking an average of 1.33 wounds.
If I do take two wounds, I'm going to have to burn Markers on the next four attacks by Jotun. If I take only one wound, I'm going to roll defense again, and then I'll burn Markers on the next four attacks by Jotun.
This is all assuming, of course, that Jotun actually hits that 4 skull average each and every attack rather than having some lower skull rolls I feel confident rolling defense against and some higher skull rolls that I'll use the Markers on in the meantime.
So Green Lantern will probably survive about 5-6 attacks from Jotun before he's out of Markers and down to 5 defense (including height) and 2 life. Then if Jotun gets his 4 skulls again, Green Lantern will roll 1.66 shields on his 5 defense and take the remaining 2 wounds to die. So it should usually take at least 6-7 attacks for Jotun to kill Green Lantern if both are rolling average dice.
What this means is, if Green Lantern gets in the first attack (and he should, given superior mobility and range), he'll get off 6-7 attacks on Jotun even if he doesn't frenzy before he's dead.
In either scenario, Green Lantern kills Jotun, on average, by his third attack. Even if he doesn't get in the first strike (so we start on 2 and go from there), he kills Jotun by either his third or his fourth attack.
My point being, if Green Lantern was played well, he should beat Jotun. If he didn't, it was probably due to unfortunate dice. Which happens in this game.
I agree. I though that Green Lantern's mobility and range would give him a definite upper hand on Jotun. With a good stratergy a player could stay away from Jotun for the majority of the game.
Regardless I do no think that GL should cost any less than like 335 pts at the very least. With starting stats of 7 attack and 7 defense, possible double activations, and being able to ignore big attacks he deserves to cost at least that much. Just because of some unlucky dice rolling doesn't mean he should be cheaper.

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old March 27th, 2010, 02:22 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

...something about pricing units for best case scenarios...

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library