Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
"Block" HS.

In most TCG's, sets are put out in sets of three, all sharing a simmalar theme. Most times, becuse of this there is a style of play arises where you may only use cards from block A or block B.

Now that we have SOTM wave 8 and wave 8.5 within our grasp, we can see that they are all in green boxes.

So, i think that we might develop a way of playing that you use only figures from one block.

"Rise" block.

ROTV Units.
Wave 1
Wave 2
Wave 3
Wave 4
Wave 5
Wave 6
Orm's return.
Raknar's vision.
TT units.
VW units.
RTTFF units.

"Swarm" block.

SOTM units.
Wave 7 units. (Due to lack of units here, i'm moving wave 7 here, also to Have Hatamoto Taro have some guys to command.)
Wave 8 units.
AA units.
TJ units.

"Marvel" block.

Marvel master set units.
Certain Vydar units. (Agents, soulborgs.)

------------------------------

As a side rule, you could only use certain terrain for each block.

"Rise" block terrain.

ROTV contents.
TT contents.
RTTFF contents.
FOTA contents.
All extra tiles from waves 1-6.
VW contents.

"Swarm" block terrain.

SOTM contents.
FOTA contents.
VW contents.
TJ contents.
All extra tiles from waves 7-8.

"Marvel" block terrain.

Marvel master set contents.
FOTA contents. (bigger buildings.)
ROTV contents. (larger maps.)
RTTFF contents. (parks.)

-------------------------------

Thoughts? I know the Swarm block has a handycap by number of units, but that's just added chalenge within it.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Re: "Block" HS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
Thoughts?
~Z~
•This isn't a CCG
•This happens because of power creep/obsolescence in CCGs
•Nothing in HS is obsolete, that's one of it's beauties
•I'll stick with playing with all of my scape, thanks
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

It seems nice but I'm not entirely certain that I understand the concept behind what you're saying.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:32 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What are the benefits of this play style, exactly?

I could see using a restricted pool for, say, a blind draft. But I guess I really don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with this method.

Can you explain further?

Old July 17th, 2008, 12:33 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
Thoughts?
~Z~
•This isn't a CCG
•This happens because of power creep/obsolescence in CCGs
•Nothing in HS is obsolete, that's one of it's beauties
•I'll stick with playing with all of my scape, thanks
I'm going to have to agree with this one. There is nothing wrong or obsolete about any HS figure. And there is always room for improvement for those lesser-used figures (like Dund) with upcoming releases.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

It might be a neat thing to do once we get a couple more Waves of the new stuff. All of the current A+ units are in the "Rise" block, so people would have to play a bit differently. Kato would have no Samurai to lead though, just Ashigaru. Heh.

I think it'd be good for some tournaments that are trying to appeal to newer players. It'd be frustrating to always get smoked by Raelin/Laglor/Krav/Q9 or 4th Mass if those figures become nearly impossible to find in another year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:35 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
It might be a neat thing to do once we get a couple more Waves of the new stuff. All of the current A+ units are in the "Rise" block, so people would have to play a bit differently.
But the A+ units are not a set-in-stone rank and can always change with new releases. Plus, there probably has not been enough play with the newer units to come up with a good ranking for them. Plus, for every unit, there's a counter.

Quote:
Kato would have no Samurai to lead though, just Ashigaru. Heh.
Exactly the reason why not to restrict anyone!

My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders

Last edited by cosmosis; July 17th, 2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

Wow, that was quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
What are the benefits of this play style, exactly?

I could see using a restricted pool for, say, a blind draft. But I guess I really don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with this method.

Can you explain further?
There is no advantage, it's simply a challenge, see how you can do when half your favorate units can't be used. It forces you to think outside the box.

Same to cav, it's not how you should play, it's a new way to play the same game, spice it up a bit, make people think outside what they allways use. but not all the time.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

Old July 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosis View Post
Quote:
It might be a neat thing to do once we get a couple more Waves of the new stuff. All of the current A+ units are in the "Rise" block, so people would have to play a bit differently.
But the A+ units are not a set-in-stone rank and can always change with new releases. Plus, there probably has not been enough play with the newer units to come up with a good ranking for them. Plus, for every unit, there's a counter.

Quote:
Kato would have no Samurai to lead though, just Ashigaru. Heh.
Exactly th reason why not to restrict anyone!
I dislike restrictions on army contstruction more than anyone. I'm just agreeing that it could be an interesting and fair variant. Instead of arbitrarily saying "don't play Spider's A+ units" you could limit it to units that new players can find easily or buy in their FLGS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM

Ah, I understand what you mean now. Not a bad idea I guess.

My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Another thing, with this format, it gives new players a easier time of catching up on units. If everyone in your group is playing swarm, you just need to buy that to be on equal ground. (But, if everyone's playing rise, it's not going to help.)

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

Old July 17th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

I guess to each his own, but I, personally, would never use it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion