Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old September 5th, 2008, 12:58 AM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker
A Marvel idea?

I've recently started playing Heroscape again after pursuing a few other interests. I picked up Marvel Heroscape as I wanted to be able to set-up and play some quick games without worrying about bonding, army creation, etc.

Lately, I've been thinking about new gameplay/scenarios/maps to add additional interest (being particularly motivated by some of the excellent ideas other have put forth on the forums).

In the case of Marvel Heroscape I was thinking, how about creating a collection of 10 maps that tell creation or key stories of each Marvel character? By no means am I an expert in Marvel lore, though genius is only a wiki away!

Do you guys think this is a workable idea? Obviously there are some implications in so far as character use (i.e. using ALL the heroes on a single map would not necessarily be canon to all stories, so alternate figs may need to come into play). However, specifics aside, I think this could be a fun way to add a little bit to the Marvel set.

Riding on another great idea, I think it would be worthwhile to conform to whatever standards are ultimately set for Marvel BoV. That would help keep the maps accessible and encourage elegance in design.

Anyone interested? For that matter, is this even a new idea?

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old September 6th, 2008, 01:15 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker
Re: A Marvel idea?

This was done before wasn't it... I think I'll still try my hand at some maps and scenarios to see if I can come up with something interesting.

Perhaps for dual personality heroes, there could be a standing modifier (i.e. -2 attack/defense) when they are in normal mode (i.e. Peter Parker, Bruce Banner), and a specific trigger that allows them to revert to full hero stats (Bruce Banner takes one hit, or spends one turn getting angry).

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:32 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Actually, as far as I know, this is an original idea. You should try to go ahead with it. But as an idea, perhaps you could do a scenario with Spider-man fighting Chameleon and have Spider-man trying to figure out which figure is the Chameleon.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.

Last edited by The Silver Surfer; September 15th, 2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Fixing name typo
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Chameleon.
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:39 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Chameleon.
Thank you.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:39 PM

Thanks.. that might be the motivation I need. I need to do some research on iconic stories for each hero (perhaps the easiest will be to start with each hero/villain pair) and develop from there.

Thanks Surfer!

Old September 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Sounds interesting!

I'm actually trying to write a scenario that uses all the characters and has a storyline. It wouldn't be canon, though, because of casualties, and that I use my custom DC heroes also.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios