Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 18th, 2008, 05:56 AM

acdveins Woo who?
Re: The One . . . 500 point army?

I'll have to go with:

Braxas 210
Krav maga 100
Raelin 80
Eldgrim 30
Deathreavers x2 80

Hard to play, but very powerful.

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!
Old July 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

That's a very intriguing question: what would I pick to play with for the rest of time? You have to go with something fun, here.

Sgt. Drake SOTM 170 The Icon
Nakitas 120 Bond with apes
2xGnators 180 Bond with chicks
Guilty McCreech 30 "Ole' Two Guns" has never failed me

While I would be tempted to trade 1 Gnator for a Raelina and Isamu, I just can't.
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

A good turtle army to play against ambitious opponents. Let HIM/HER come to YOU. Do not expose these units. Keep the Deathreavers just in front, forming a semi-circular barrier with Raelin just behind the others soulborgs.

Saylind could be chosen instead of the Deathreavers, but, since you don't know if there will be enough high ground, the Deathreavers are the safer or "guaranteed" choice for ensuring defense and capturing glyphs. The goal of this army is NEVER to LOSE, NOT always to win. This is most important in tournament play.

Major Q9...............180
Major Q10..............150
Raelin....................80
Deathreavers x2......80
Isamu....................10
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry, double post.

Last edited by Sarpedon; July 18th, 2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Sorry, double post
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
A good turtle army to play against ambitious opponents. Let HIM/HER come to YOU. Do not expose these units. Keep the Deathreavers just in front, forming a semi-circular barrier with Raelin just behind the others soulborgs.

Saylind could be chosen instead of the Deathreavers, but, since you don't know if there will be enough high ground, the Deathreavers are the safer or "guaranteed" choice for ensuring defense and capturing glyphs. The goal of this army is NEVER to LOSE, NOT always to win. This is most important in tournament play.

Major Q9...............180
Major Q10..............150
Raelin....................80
Deathreavers x2......80
Isamu....................10
If I were playing against a turtling player in a tourny, I'd take the loss. Ifit were a 'friendly game' I wouldn't invite that 'friend' to play anymore. Turtling = crap tactic in my opinion.
Old July 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Dark Lord o' THIRST is surprisingly tart

I would have to agree.
Playing someoe who won't fight is not much fun at all.

GENERATION 28
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old July 18th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*sheesh*

One army forever? It'd have to be something I'd really enjoy playing. More than that, it'd need to be an army that wins some and loses some. I wouldn't be interested in something dominating, but fun. Of course it's fun to win sometimes, so it shouldn't be weak either. I also want flexibility - something that I could use different ways.

I've always liked Elves, Knights, Dragons and Soulborgs. Something with elements of each would be fun.

hmmm...

I love Nilfheim and the Rats(2x) so we're looking at 265 right there. That leaves 235 to spend. Jotun is whispering in my ear, he's always got a great fun factor, but double-spaced figs without a lot of movement aren't a good choice for an all time unit because of map considerations. I'd like to spend the full 500, so Zelrig is very tempting here. In fact, I think I'll add him to the mix leaving 50 points to pick up Arkmer? Me-Burq-Sa? The Marro Warriors? Arkmer, I think. Even with the poor defense he's fun to play and makes a great clean up unit for this crew. Marro Warriors are a superior choice, probably, but I'm going with the Elf.

Nilfheim 185
Zelrig 185
2xDeathreaver 80
Arkmer 50

Yup - I could play and enjoy that army for a long, long time

~Aldin, enjoying the mental exercise

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM

miniandmee7 Woo who?

Although its not the best army (although it has worked alot for me) I would definitley have this army for the rest of time:

1x Nakita Agents (120)
3x Gorrillinators (390)
1x Laglor (500)

It is for sure my favorite army to play.

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?
Old July 18th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
Cyprien= 150
Sonya=195
Syvarris=295
AE=405
Marro Warriors=455
Eldgrim & Isamu/Theracus/ninja's and Marcu= 495

Q9 can be taken out with range from AE or Syvarris, I've done it before. Only problem might be Glad/Blast...any thoughts?
Glads/blasts would wreck you for sure if you tried to engage with multiple units at once. Best way for your army to fight them would probably be to pile markers on a single long-ranged unit and keep backing up. Position Syvarris at maximum range to two glads and shoot; repeat next turn. They may well wreck you in any case, because you have Cyprien holding you back and because you'll run out of room to retreat, but I expect you'll deal the most damage this way.
I have found the Nakitas to be a very good counter to the Glads/Blasts combo. Does your opponent risk Engagement Strike? And if not, will Smoke Powder negate the Blastatrons targets. I used Nakitas and Kaemon to nullify an entire army that way.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion