Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old February 11th, 2016, 04:30 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Seeking feedback on custom/variant ideas #1: OBSIDIAN GUARDS

This is just a bit of fun for my own amusement, not trying to push anything on anyone else but it would be nice to get some feedback from people with more experience with the system

I can't be the only one whose kids really love the Obsidian Guards since the figures look so neat
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8117

but they're not well regarded
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6171

So I thought of some ways I could make them also "better" in game and wanted some opinions, both on the extra abilities, and also on some cost ideas

The basic idea is to have them be able to transform terrain into hot lava. Due to terrain practicalities, this would be a transient effect, not something that would slowly transform the entire map to lava (though that would be cool!), and probably it would be some kind of special attack, perhaps even a d20

The gist of it was to have a special attack that let you roll dice for adjacent hexes and be able to add a bright red lava tile to each adjacent hex where you roll a success (could be an attack die skull, or a defence die shield, or even a blank face on a white valhalla die), or maybe it would be a d20 and do something manic like flip all adjacent hexes to lava.

This lava would remain in place for some time (until the next players turn, or until the next OM on that OG)

For those with more experience modifying official units and making custom units how easy would it be to add this kind of special ability, keep it reasonable, and cost it properly.

I'll keep all my babbling in this one thread and try not to move onto another unit until I'm happy with some kind of reasonably fleshed out idea for the unit under discussion

next unit in line: Dzu-Teh (thinking of some kind of icy chill blast that pushes engaged units away and forces a disengagement attack with it)
Old February 11th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Themed His Pants

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Seeking feedback on custom/variant ideas #1: OBSIDIAN GU

I would keep in mind that stepping on lava equals instant death for most figures. So anything you do with a power should keep that in mind. Perhaps make the lava tile placement restricted to empty spaces. I would probably not make it tied to a special attack for this reason. That would mean an Obsidian Guard would be attacking and placing lava at the same time. Then would all 3 able to do the same thing?, etc.

If you have multiple sets of the guards you'll want to consider how many lava tiles per set. 1 per squad would sound reasonable to me given how devastating it's effects are.

Your other option, if you're not opposed to custom figures, is to make a new Unique figure that's main mechanic is placing lava tiles. Then the Obsidian Guards have a buddy to help them out. Maybe a new dragon, rock beast, fire creature, etc. This is a better option in my mind because you can create a synergy between the two units and create fun army construction.

My Customs: Metroid / Starcraft / Classic
Old February 11th, 2016, 09:59 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun

Lefton4ya has a good thread where you can find very useful unit alters (including the Guards), you should check it out:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37768

W
Old February 11th, 2016, 10:05 AM

thanks theres some interesting info in the post and the link, cheers!
Old February 12th, 2016, 03:23 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's a figure of mine that can create lava:

Basically using the same mechanic as Mika Connour's "Blend Into Shadow."

Another way to approach it is "Scorched Earth" as below:

Just a few other ways to implement your idea.
Old February 12th, 2016, 03:40 PM

nice work!
Old February 12th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Themed His Pants

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Those are cool Ishmel

My Customs: Metroid / Starcraft / Classic

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum