Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

If you haven't seen the trailer - http://youtu.be/x3tedlWs1XY

Is anyone else really unimpressed with how this game looks? I was kind of excited when I heard the new trailer was out but after seeing it, I have no desire to play this game. The whole futuristic thing isn't doing it for me, it feels like a departure from what this franchise is about. Almost seems more like Halo. But that's just one guy's opinion

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

I'm a big zombies fan, so I'll probably buy it. But campaign does not look remotely appealing to me. The sci-fi in Call of Duty is rediculous. I have Halo and Gears of War for my sci-fi shooter needs. I don't need evey shooter I own to be sci-fi. CoD should stick with what they've been doing.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
The sci-fi in Call of Duty is rediculous. I have Halo and Gears of War for my sci-fi shooter needs. I don't need evey shooter I own to be sci-fi. CoD should stick with what they've been doing.
Exactly. It just doesn't even feel like it's the same franchise. I hear what you're saying about zombies though, I almost completely forgot about that aspect of the game haha but I've heard really good things.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

If Treyarch just sold the intellectual property for the zombies to (the name escapes me ATM, but they produced MW1,2,3) the world would be a lot better off.

Seriously, I still play zombies. Me and my friends just finished playing a round an hour ago. It is the only redeeming quality of Black ops.

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
I'm a big zombies fan, so I'll probably buy it. But campaign does not look remotely appealing to me. The sci-fi in Call of Duty is rediculous. I have Halo and Gears of War for my sci-fi shooter needs. I don't need evey shooter I own to be sci-fi. CoD should stick with what they've been doing.
. The only part of the trailer I look forward to is shooting from the back of a horse. Seems entertaining enough. But yes, Zombies will keep bringing me back to Black Ops.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Call of Duty lost me with the incredibly low quality of MW3. It's becoming painfully obvious that InfinityWard is just shelling out freshly painted versions of the same game. I will give Treyarch some credit, they do try at least.

But yeah, not going to get Black Ops 2. I'm far more excited for Assassin's Creed 3; at least they are innovating like there is no tomorrow!
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:17 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
It's becoming painfully obvious that InfinityWard is just shelling out freshly painted versions of the same game.
I'm proud to say that I didn't shell out $60 on the extremely mediocre MW3. Frankly, I think all CoD is overrated, its really only zombies that keeps bringing me back. I had heard rumors awhile back of them making zombies an entirely new game. I wish that were true, so my money would go to a game that I thoroughly enjoy, rather than spending full retail value for a a gametype I immensely enjoy and a campaign I may play through once.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
But yeah, not going to get Black Ops 2. I'm far more excited for Assassin's Creed 3; at least they are innovating like there is no tomorrow!
Now that definitely has me excited. Can't wait to play AC with a bow and arrow, rope-dart, and flintock pistols.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:35 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Was a HUGE fan of Call of Duty I/II. Soon as they jumped onto the modern era type stuff, totally lost interest in it.
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Now that definitely has me excited. Can't wait to play AC with a bow and arrow, rope-dart, and flintlock pistols.
Little spelling error, no worries. We all make mistakes...

ANYWAY

I'm excited for AC III as well. I don't have the other ones, but I know the basic complexion of the game...

Like Bloody said, the sci-fi aspect of CoD BO2 looks weird to me. I won't even get it because at somepoint, it will most likely be hacked. Also, why make a sci-fi game when you know there's another new sci-fi game (Halo 4) being released about the same time? I mean, unless BO2 destroys the charts, it (a new sci-fi series on a modern era game series) won't exactly be more satisfying than an already established sci-fi game like Halo or Gears of War.

I also am unsure whether the bad aspects of MW3 will be fixed (*cough* crap spawns *cough*) or not. At least with Halo, I've noticed that the spawns are somewhat random, which makes being spawn camped a lot more difficult to achieve.

All in all, I'm not really jumping for joy for a new CoD game because MW3 was just bad...

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:17 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The game almost looks like a mix of all different games. I can see hints of Battlefield, Halo, Black Ops, MW3, even Ghost Recon: Future Soldier if you want to stretch it out a bit. I'll watch the E3 gameplay and depending on how that is and how well it does on the release, I may or may not buy it.

Old June 5th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was seriously underwhelmed by the E3 gameplay. The graphics look about the same, it's overly loud and noisy, and the guns sounded like they were airsoft. I definitely won't be getting it, though the promise of 8 player zombie mode is pretty tempting. Just not worth $60.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games