Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Tikal - Not broken, but not that much fun.

http://superflycircus.blogspot.com/2...ing-theme.html

Rated 2.25/5 Stars.

Synopsis: Fun as shaving your scrotum with a belt sander.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; August 15th, 2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Title.
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:57 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tikal - Don't buy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post

Rated 2.25/5 Stars.

I'm having trouble with your qualifications, SuperFly...

2.25 is just about the middle of the road on a scale of 1-5, but you also say it's as fun as self mutilation?

You either (a) like self mutilation a lot more than I do, or (b) can think of a hell of a lot worse things than doing something awful to The Boys.

Great review, though.

Old August 15th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Old August 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

"To add insult to injury, there's not a single, solitary die in the box. "

I do not understand this comment. Are you saying that you dislike games without die's or are you saying that you disliked having to use a die from a diffreent game?

"It’s really not rocket science, but since much of the game is about hosing over your opponents, it makes for a lot of difficult and important decisions."

Games where you can screw people over are great, hopefully it is as cut throat as you say.

"the predisposition for Analysis Paralysis this game engenders simply kills the fun factor"

This I do not understand. If there is downtime between turns, why aren't people thinking about their moves while their opponents are taking their turns.
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post

"the predisposition for Analysis Paralysis this game engenders simply kills the fun factor"

This I do not understand. If there is downtime between turns, why aren't people thinking about their moves while their opponents are taking their turns.
Just guessing, but: Because with each new turn the state of the board changes to an extent that it's not effective to plan ahead?

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:

Rated 2.25/5 Stars.

2.25 is just about the middle of the road on a scale of 1-5, but you also say it's as fun as self mutilation?

You either (a) like self mutilation a lot more than I do, or (b) can think of a hell of a lot worse things than doing something awful to The Boys.

Great review, though.
It's interesting, and I can see it being fun with the right crowd, but it just wasn't my bag. The production values are great and it's got some really neat art, which is why it got a 4.5/10. It's not TERRIBLE like some other games I've reviewed, but I simply didn't like it. It has merit, just isn't my bag.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post

Just guessing, but: Because with each new turn the state of the board changes to an extent that it's not effective to plan ahead?
I thought Devil's Advocate banned himself!!? His posts are "invisible" to me so I didn't catch the question.

The gameboard is always changing and thus while in many cases you can plan ahead, if the board changes or the status quo changes during the previous players' turns, you cannot really, truly plan ahead effectively. This is one of the reasons AP happens so much.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rated 2.25/5 Stars.

Great review, though.
It's interesting, and I can see it being fun with the right crowd, but it just wasn't my bag. The production values are great and it's got some really neat art, which is why it got a 4.5/10. It's not TERRIBLE like some other games I've reviewed, but I simply didn't like it. It has merit, just isn't my bag.
You should have told him it is a logarithmic scale, so 2.25 out of 5 is really low.
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:41 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've had my eye on this game for a while now. Something about it sounded great, but I was always hesitant to buy.

Sounds like I made a wise decision.

Did you actually buy the game Pete, or was it another persons copy that you reviewed?

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Re: Tikal - Not my bag.

No, I bought it. It's not that it's horribly broken (thanks, Jim) but it's just not my bag. I liked it a little bit, but that last play totally showed me that the game isn't for me, or rather, for me and the folks I play with.

Downtime City.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tikal - Not broken, but not that much fun.

This is a fantastic Heavy thinking mans game and not broken at all. If you like heavy euro's this for you. Be prepare to put your thinking cap on analysis paralysis can occur during play..

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games