Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old August 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
I just got a case of MK minions and pulled almost every exclusive and some in doubles :P
That's awesome! How many MK sets do you have completed now, Sky?

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old August 19th, 2006, 06:57 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
all of Pyramid, all of Minions and most of Lancers at a whopping 100 price tag. All you do is type in Mage Knight Case on ebay and you will find them from 30-100 bucks. My twin five year olds think its Christmas everytime they pop one open. I tell em they are gonna get whooped if they don't draw decent figures, when one doesn't the others usually says whoop em daddy. At that point it generally evolves into a foot race around the house while I try to catch the little non pulling son of a ***** :P And then we go back and open the other 40 boosters that are left. I gotta tell you that opening this many packs with my little ones is as much fun as getting the figs.
Old August 21st, 2006, 02:44 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
like the lich queen. very nice!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 01:16 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cthulu has arisen! Earlier tonight I was heading to an ocean inlet on the East Coast that was rumored to be the site of some strange occurrences. People were phoning in to the local authorities that there were some strangely dressed people near the beach. Asked to give more details all they could describe was Roman soldiers. Huh!?! Must be some college razing ceremony or maybe some of those cosplay individuals. Listening to my hunch I decided to follow up on the story. What the hey, I could always sell the pictures to the Globe or some other magazine for some cash. After gathering my gear and locating the beach on one of those online map sites, I headed out. The drive didn't take long and I found a parking spot several blocks from the beach. I made my way quickly to the beach following the huge ruckus coming from that direction. As I crested the sand dune, I was frozen in terror. What I saw was something only found in one of those B-movies...but this was real. I gathered my thoughts and started snapping off some pictures. The creature (later I found out who/what it was) had moved up shore into a grassy ravine and the "Romans/College students" were attempting to hold it off:

I circle around the ravine to find a better spot for pictures. The students appeared to be well trained and one in particular with the red headdress seemed to be giving the orders.

While moving around the top of the ravine for a different view, I slipped and fell almost into the thick of battle. I snapped a few shots from close up.

The camera flashes grabbed the attention of the huge creature and he/it started to make his way over to me. Doing what any intelligent being would do at that moment, I fled and threw the camera away (okay that was not too smart but hey, sue me.) Fortunately the camera was on autoshot and I got one usable picture from that moment as the creature moved over the spot where I was originally standing.

The students managed to attract the creature's attention again and the creature started heading deeper into town followed by those brave, if somewhat crazy students. I immediately retrieved my camera and noticed that the lens was busted. Choosing the better part of valor, I decided to head back and develop the film (also the authorities were appearing and I didn't want to be held up with all the great pictures.) I took a moment to inspect some of the bodies of the students in the area and I have to say they sure have some authentic looking equipment and most of them don't appear to be local college kids. I developed my film and found only four pictures survived (the ones shown above). I also verified what the creature was....at first, I couldn't believe what I was reading but after a few more references brought up a similar looking creature, it dawned on me that we are in serious trouble. The creature was none other the Cthulu, an ancient being awoken from his slumber from deep in the ocean's depth. Then those "students" fighting him weren't students at all but had to be Roman soldiers...what is going on?!? I've got to get this pictures published immediately and hope that there will be someone alive to read this in the morning...

Newb.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 01:17 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cthulu for president! "No more years!"

The Romans probably think it's Neptune anyways...
Old August 22nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie

Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:32 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Jason could take him. He's undefeated...

In other news, I got my Image Clix pack yesterday! Yay!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Jason could take him. He's undefeated...

In other news, I got my Image Clix pack yesterday! Yay!
Sweet! Did you have the coupon for early ordering? I want to get that but thought it was only available for the coupon bearers at this time.

Newb.

EDIT: NVM I just visited the WK Collector's site and noticed the Image pack is only available to coupon holders at this time. But I did order a Giant set since all the figures look even better close up. The pictures don't do them justice.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie

Congraties!!! I'm so happy for you

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah, I had the coupon. I can order you one if you want. The coupon is good for 2 sets, I only ordered one. PM me and I'll work out the details w/you. I agree about the Giants set. They looked like teh suxor, until I actually saw 'em at GC. Now, daddy wants!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation

I'm just about done drooling over that large Cthulu figure... nope, hang on, heres a bit more slobber I had saved up

On another note, someone was talking about using figures from the City Of Villains PC game pack (newb it was, I think) saw it today in my local Game store for £29.99 and was tempted to pick it up for the seven figures inside, but the game wont even work on my PC... grumble...
Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
ATF Agent

rob, check eBay. I got the whole set for $20 w/shipping. That's not much more than paying for 2 blind boosters.

BTW, I got Cthulu at GC, also. Along w/the Horrorclix starter and 3 boosters. I also tried to get them to sell me some extras on Sunday and got shot down.

Does anyone have any comments on this:

Quote:
MARVEL SUPERNOVA TO RELEASE ON NOVEMBER 15, 2006

August 22, 2006 (SEATTLE) � WizKids, Inc., announced today a change in the release date for its Marvel HeroClix Supernova expansion. The date has been moved from the original street date of October 25th, three weeks later to November 15th to ensure the best possible product is delivered and newly imposed quality measures are enforced.

�The release date has been moved to ensure Supernova delivers on what our fans are expecting and more�, said Joe Hauck, EVP Sales, Marketing and Product Development. �This is an outstanding set that will raise the bar for HeroClix players and collectors across the board.�

To coincide with the new product release date, the following approved play events dates are in effect. Marvel HeroClix Supernova New Guy Night will take place October 20 through the 26th. Marvel HeroClix Supernova New Guy Night will feature the Iron Man "Silver Centurion" LE figure. The Marvel HeroClix Supernova pre-release event will now take place on October 28th. The Marvel HeroClix marquee event will now take place on November 16th through the 22nd.

For a listing of the Marvel HeroClix Supernova pre-release event locations and other Supernova information, go to www.wizkidsgames.com

About WizKids:
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Topps Company (TOPP), WizKids is a Seattle-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating tabletop games driven by imagination. Its HeroClix� and Pirates brands are among the most successful games on the market today. The company has sold hundreds of millions of game pieces worldwide. For additional information, visit www.wizkidsgames.com.
Sounds like they're trying to avoid another Horrorclix mis-hap.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions