Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old December 14th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
The Workbook of Gandalf the Grey

Set name here

Booster name and number

figure card:

The figure used for this unit is a figure from the set. Its model number and name are

Character Bio -

-Rulings and Clarifications-
• N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:

Classic:

• N/A

HoSS:

• N/A

C3V, SoV & Marvel:

• N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered:

Classic:

• N/A

HoSS:

• N/A

C3V, SoV & Marvel:

• N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

• TBA

-Power Rankings-

• TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Playtest Links
faure 1
faure 2
Boromir 1
Boromir 2
White Knight 1
Joseph Sweeney 1
White Knight 2
OrcElfArmy1 1
OrcElfArmy1 2
Capsocrates
OrcElfArmy1 3
White Knight 3
faure 3
Son of Arathorn (several)
Boromir96 3
SM1
SM2
SM3
SM4
SM5
SM6
SM7
SM8
Boromir96 4
faure 4
White Knight 4 (WK version)
White Knight 5 (WK version)

Playtesting Summary

• Art by:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by White Knight; May 24th, 2020 at 10:48 PM.
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Workbook of Gandalf the Grey

NAME = GANDALF
GENERAL = JANDAR
SPECIES = MAIA
PLANET = ARDA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WIZARD
PERSONALITY = WISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

STATS, MASTER/BASIC
LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 130

BLAZING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
All figures adjacent to Gandalf are affected by Blazing Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. At the end of your turn, after using Blazing Strike Special Attack, you may move Gandalf up to 4 spaces. Gandalf does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving this way.

LEADERSHIP
After taking a turn with Gandalf, you may move up to 4 small or medium figures you control up to 4 spaces each. Any figures moved by Leadership must end their movement within 3 spaces of Gandalf. Figures moved by Leadership do not take leaving engagement attacks.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; December 25th, 2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:37 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: The Workbook of Gandalf the Grey(Brainstorming Phase)

@capsocrates , @Ninja Status , This is the format I was talking about. These designs can be linked to the other pages OP. This is the current version of Gandalf the grey. The first post can have all the contributions and the pdf and picture images of the finished card. The Second post to have the most current written version of the card. This will allow us to keep up with the individual designs. I want to first go over why it took over 50 play tests to get to this result? Does it follow theme? Does it represent the character in a balanced way? That is why I labeled it Brainstorming phase. There has to be a reason the old way didn't work.

Old December 14th, 2015, 12:40 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Looks good TREX
Nice format, good work.
Old December 14th, 2015, 12:42 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Looks good TREX
Nice format, good work.
HOSS Format! Those guys know what they're doing.

Old December 17th, 2015, 12:25 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Gandalf was all but approved to be done with playtesting... I don't think I would say he is in the Brainstorming phase.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:54 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Gandalf was all but approved to be done with playtesting... I don't think I would say he is in the Brainstorming phase.
Do we want to do any more final play testing on this guy? If so I'll change him to playtesting phase, then update when we are satisfied that this is exactly what we want. I may have some time to check him out over the holiday.

Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: The Workbook of Gandalf the Grey(Playtesting Phase)

Nice start. How about adding an aura for him representing his staff as a light. Here is an idea:
Staff of Power
You may re-roll any one die of any figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Gandalf. Staff of Power does not affect Gandolf. Staff of Power may be used only once per turn
Old December 22nd, 2015, 06:54 PM
"like" happy

@lefton4ya , what is in the OP is currently what the HOME team was satisfied with long before I came around. I changed the OP to play testing phase which seems to be closest to what it is at. Apparently Gandalf has been play tested quite a few times and is where they want him. I am going to test him just to see how he sits. In future designs that are up for brainstorming feel free to throw in suggestions. I would definitely like this project to wield some results.

Old December 23rd, 2015, 10:13 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

If you want to do more playtesting, consider Gandalf with Raelin and Nakitas, and Gandalf with Jandar soldiers and C3V's 8th Infantry Pathfinders.

--
--
--

--
Old December 23rd, 2015, 12:04 PM
"like" happy

@capsocrates, why pathfinders and jandar soldiers, his leadership is with unique heroes. Also nakitas don't get buffs either, they are not heroes.
EDIT: Is there a chance that this is not the correct version in the OP?

Old December 23rd, 2015, 06:03 PM

Yeah, you don't have the right version in here at all. You can find the right version in this post. I'd prefer playtest results for him to be put in the Playtest thread, so everything is in the same place (all his other playtests are there). I think, since we are not yet changing our process to use individual threads for each design, that this thread's existence can actually make stuff more confusing, since it adds one more thread we have to look for to find previous discussion of Gandalf.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs