Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Annerios' Heroscape Figure/Terrain Mods: 8/29 Ruins

Really neat ruin mods! I like the small slivers at bottoms for stabilization. The custom figures look great too - Who is that Kyrie warrior?
Where did you get the figure for the lead Badru?
The map and the action scene here looks fantastic.
It would make for a great custom scenario!

Great work as always, Annerios.
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Awesome work on the ruins and Conan, Annerios! I picked up this figure to use for Conan but still need to paint him:

The figure is called Wolf. Available from Hasslefree Minatures.
Newb.
Your card for that figure is the one that reminded me I really needed to get a figure for Conan. That figure looks more like the Schwarznegger version. Great battle pose too.
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
The custom figures look great too - Who is that Kyrie warrior?
That is a Heroclix figure named...Valkyrie!

It did not have the wings (those are from Raelin), but it is the most perfect Kyrie figure. I have not decided what to name her, but will probably use one of the names from the HS glyphs. I am still working on the figure. It needs some paint touch ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Where did you get the figure for the lead Badru?
That one is a Horrorclix wolf.

Both of those figures are common and really cheap.
Old April 14th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Memori- ? What did it say originally?
Memorial or Memories. I don't recall. I figure it was the ruins of a
curio shop or funeral supply place. :P
Something that I was wondering about this. Was it something that you found and put on there (cut and paste), or was it something you painted on yourself?
Old April 14th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Memori- ? What did it say originally?
Memorial or Memories. I don't recall. I figure it was the ruins of a
curio shop or funeral supply place. :P
Something that I was wondering about this. Was it something that you found and put on there (cut and paste), or was it something you painted on yourself?
It was a decal/sticker I had. No need to torture yourself painting something like that if you don't have to.
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Annerios' Heroscape Figure/Terrain Mods: 8/14 Conan

OK, custom newb question here. What did you use to fill in the gaps that got opened when you cut the ruin pieces? Was it just the Apoxie Sculpt that you mentioned?
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Master Custom Creator

Re: Annerios' Heroscape Figure/Terrain Mods: 8/14 Conan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
OK, custom newb question here. What did you use to fill in the gaps that got opened when you cut the ruin pieces? Was it just the Apoxie Sculpt that you mentioned?
Yes, the Apoxie was the filler. It is like working with clay or a firmer version of play dough. You can shape it to fill the gaps and then sand it down and paint it after it dries.
Old April 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Master Custom Creator

Re: Annerios' Heroscape Figure/Terrain Mods: 4/20 Cavern

The cavern terrain (it does not look much like a dungeon to me) in the D&D set is a little plain, so I decided to add a few bits and pieces to make it more interesting.

The mushrooms were made from Apoxie sculpt, the rocks are from a kid's dinosaur set, the little pool is from a Mage Knight dungeon artifacts set and the column is from a Horrorclix set.

I've started mounting these little pieces on clear plastic cut out in hex shape using a glyph as a template. That way they can be used in any terrain without hiding the terrain underneath; plus, it provides stability to the pieces.
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I've started mounting these little pieces on clear plastic cut out in hex shape using a glyph as a template. That way they can be used in any terrain without hiding the terrain underneath; plus, it provides stability to the pieces.
Love the idea.

How do you prevent the clear plastic from sliding around? It would be so nice if you could get it to "attach" like the bottom of one of the single trees....

I gave it a try once. I pushed a tree into some clay to form the "mold", then poured clear silicone (like you'd use to caulk with) into it hoping it would dry in a clear, flexible shape... but no luck.

Anyway, great work as usual Annerios!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron View Post

How do you prevent the clear plastic from sliding around? It would be so nice if you could get it to "attach" like the bottom of one of the single trees....

I gave it a try once. I pushed a tree into some clay to form the "mold", then poured clear silicone (like you'd use to caulk with) into it hoping it would dry in a clear, flexible shape... but no luck.

Anyway, great work as usual Annerios!
If you bump into the pieces, you can move them, but we seem to have avoided that so far. Although the HS ruins and trees get knocked down sometimes, so it is similar.

I would love it if they had clear HS pieces like the shadow tiles. Unfortunately, none of the custom tiles I have ever picked up have that ability to fit over the hexes. Litko recently had a bunch of custom tiles for sale in different colors (they sold out fast). I bought some of the acid tiles, but they were smooth on the bottom too. I am going to e-mail Jim at Litko to see if it would be possible for them to make some clear ones with the bottom lip.

By the way, D&D miniatures already makes some great mushrooms to use for HS. It is a figure named Deathcap.

They are as big as a humanoid figure and painted quite well. They should have thrown in some of these in the D&D master set!
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

I would love it if they had clear HS pieces like the shadow tiles. Unfortunately, none of the custom tiles I have ever picked up have that ability to fit over the hexes. Litko recently had a bunch of custom tiles for sale in different colors (they sold out fast). I bought some of the acid tiles, but they were smooth on the bottom too. I am going to e-mail Jim at Litko to see if it would be possible for them to make some clear ones with the bottom lip.
Yep, I picked up an order of the acid as well...also the tar. I was not perceptive enough to notice the "missing lip" when I ordered so I was sorely disappointed.

I found the acid works/looks best if you put it on a layer of ice tiles. Also, the tar tiles are significantly shinier than the shadow tiles.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:13 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
The cavern terrain (it does not look much like a dungeon to me) in the D&D set is a little plain, so I decided to add a few bits and pieces to make it more interesting.

I see the prepainted Reaper Purple Worm (and as I'm posting this I remembered that you win a contest for those figure). I was considering buying it but I wasn't sure how it would scale. I wouldn't use it if it overhung a DW9K base too much and the way model is it wouldn't go well with a double base.

Very innovative idea of using the clear plastic as bases! I applaud your genius customization skills! I will try this with my next obstacle terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions