Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old April 17th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Customs (4/13) Fulton (the Tinker Gnome)

No rush, I've been unbelievably busy at work lately and can only find a few seconds a day to check in here at odd hours.

By the way, finally got a box of BPRD coming my way... well 2 boxes as it is my son's birthday this month and when he sees my Abe Sapien and crew, he's gonna want a set.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Great Deal $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you like Hellboy for Heroscape, go to www.miniaturemarket.com (specific link... http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/336279 ) to get the B.P.R.D. Clix box set for a clearance price of $8.50 + shipping. I can't wait for my 2 boxes to come.
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Straying a bit from Hellboy for Heroscape, I decided to take a stab at my first DC superhero custom. I know there are a lot of Joker choices out there and all seem fun, but none of them work well with the heroclix piece that I find the most intriguing of the Joker minis.

Please offer some feedback as this is my first try at an established character.

Oh, and I must call in a favor to Garada... any way you can hook up a buddy with a nice purple bordered DC logo card?
(I know I'm going to be harassed by Whitestuff to get with the GIMP already)

-----------------------------------------------------------
THE JOKER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CRIME LORD
INSANE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 4
RANGE: 4
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 4

CALCULATED MADNESS
Before revealing any Order Marker, if there is an unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may swap this Order Marker with any other unrevealed Order Marker. At the end of any round, if the “X” Marker is the last Marker on this card, roll the 20- sided die.
• On a 1 – 4 The Joker must immediately attack a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces.
• On a 5– 14 the round ends normally.
• On a 15 or higher, The Joker may immediately take a turn

LAUGHING GAS 14
Before moving, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, The Joker may move without taking any engagement attacks. Joker rolls a leaving engagement attack against all figures with which he was engaged prior to moving.

WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER?
If The Joker inflicts a wound on any figure during a normal attack, he must immediately attack a different figure, and cannot attack the same figure twice. Joker must continue attacking figures until he fails to inflict a wound, or has wounded every possible figure within his range.

Edit: the Times New Roman font above was updated per Necro's suggestion.

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 18th, 2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:02 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
LAUGHING GAS 14
Before moving, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, The Joker may move without taking any engagement attacks. All enemy figures previously engaged with The Joker must roll for an engagement attack.
Do you mean Joker makes a leaving engagement attack against them? Because you need to fix the contradictory wording, then.

Change the bolded to "Joker rolls a leaving engagement attack against all figures with which he was engaged prior to moving."

Admittedly, I haven't read the rest of the 'card,' that part just caught my eye.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Captain Underpants

Re: Matt Helm's Customs (4/18) The Joker (and Fulton the Gno

You are correct, thanks for the feedback. I need it bad on this one.
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:28 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

The rest of the card looks good. I'm not sure what to compare him to on points, but with a potential extra turn and many, many attacks 190 sounds in the ballpark at least, with him being all 4's.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fulton has been corrected!

I'd also love to make the Joker, I'm going to have him ready on Monday.

As much as I love Hellboy, I love the DC Universe even more!
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Captain Underpants

Should I change "Want to Hear Another?" to "Killing Joke"?

I'm torn as I purposely tried to avoid the obvious "Jokers Wild" type name as I wanted to have a different approach than the other interpretations.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:46 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, when I read the line 'Want To Hear Another?', It sounded like Mark Hamill's Joker in my head, which I intend as the highest praise.

Killing Joke isn't bad either, and if you prefer it at a later date, I'll change it.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Captain Underpants

Go with the original "Want to Hear Another?". Sometimes I just need a little reassurance.

Any suggestions on the rest of the card? Oh, I'll wait until you get back from making out with the public bowl at the library... just keep the noise down so you don't scare any of the kids.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Go with the original "Want to Hear Another?". Sometimes I just need a little reassurance.

Any suggestions on the rest of the card? Oh, I'll wait until you get back from making out with the public bowl at the library... just keep the noise down so you don't scare any of the kids.

I can't think of any suggestions at the moment; often, things don't occur to me until I'm actually slapping everything on the Army Card.
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Captain Underpants

While my partner works on the art, editing and any other needs for the Joker, I will take the next step into the Hellboy Universe and present another Demon awakened from the ancient world. He's an Elemental with a temper (but I hear he has a sister named Sandy who can be a real beach). Named by the ancient travelers who feared him (Egyptian/Latin blend meaning "soul of sand"), I give you...

---------------------------------------------------------

KA' HARENA

DEMON
UNIQUE HERO
ELEMENTAL
FIERCE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 7

SAND STORM
Add 1 to Ka' Harena’s attack and defense while on a sand space. Add an additional 1 to Ka' Harena’s attack if he has not yet moved this turn.

DUNE TRAVEL
After taking a turn with Ka' Harena, you may immediately place him on an empty same-level space within 5 spaces. Ka' Herena cannot Dune Travel to a water, swamp water, or lava space. If Ka' Harena is engaged when he starts to Dune Travel, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
-------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone interested, the piece is called "Sand Minion" and once again it is a Mage Knight figure.

I hope Hellboy doesn't mind getting sand in all the uncomfortable places. Please leave feedback as it is always appreciated.

Mr. Garada... your talents are needed.

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 19th, 2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Matt Helm's Customs (4/19) The Joker (Ka' Harena and Ful

I'd change it to "Wanna Hear Another?" but I think that's a really fun name for a power.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations