Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 10th, 2018, 05:26 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Justice League Dark Brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
It's been a while since I read Shade or did the write-up, so my reasoning for some things is gonna be fuzzy. I think I remembered the madness vest being powered by madness, which was my reasoning for the boost. The Madness stream seems like a very iconic power for him, especially for his time on the JLD, because he was basically used as a taxi for the team, which is a useful piece for any faction. I also remember the madness stream being a very dangerous thing for people not protected by the madness vest, hence the wounds, which play into the resurrection.

Also, X was supposed to be the number rolled, but it looks like it accidentally got cut out. My bad.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not against removing the madness stream, but I think it would be more useful to the figure itself, as well as the whole faction if we simplified and kept it, rather than if he lost it.
I know Kathy, Constantine and a few others have traveled through the stream unharmed, but maybe there has been mention of it being harmful.

I think keeping it but simplifying is worth a shot. I do like how it emphasizes the chaotic nature of the character, which I feel is kind of missing in my design. But I also don't think he should be forced to do it every round. I think there's a good middle ground between the early Shade that just gets yanked around everywhere, and the 2010 Hellblazer Shade that had pinpoint accuracy with where he traveled. What about the original take I had, but at the end of the round instead of the beginning?
Quote:
MADNESS STREAM
At the end of the round, you may choose up to one figure you control adjacent to Shade and roll the 20-sided die. Place Shade on an empty space exactly X spaces away from his original placement, where X equals the number rolled, then place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Shade. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
So he has control over when it happens, but not where exactly it takes him.
It could also be done where the other figure doesn't have to teleport adjacent to Shade. There are times where Kathy and Shade get spat out in entirely different locations, if I recall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Ah, no, it’s the Richard Swift villain Shade I’m interested in.
Ah lame. How can you not like a character that looks this cool?
Spoiler Alert!
I absolutely love Chris Bachalo's art.
Old November 10th, 2018, 05:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think L_M's idea for the 2 blanks is better then the single blank rolled trigger. Maybe a compromise in between the two where the trigger is you much have more blanks showing on your combat dice that the number of blanks showing on your opponents combat dice. So 1 blank would be enough if your opponent didn't roll any blanks, but if your opponent rolled one blank then you need 2 blanks, which is where Zatanna comes into play nicely. Just note that when attacking Zatanna will allow you to change one die to a blank, but that decision must be made before the defense dice are rolled and you know what your opponents results are. The opposite is then true when rolling defense dice though, your opponent rolls attack dice first so you will already know how many blanks were rolled and deciding on if you want Zatanna to change a shield or skull into a blank is easier to make.
Old November 10th, 2018, 05:42 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I’ll just share her blank power as-is(hasn’t been through testing) so we’re all on the same page. I’ll leave the rest of the design a surprise for those who sign up to test her. Not sure on the release for her though, but I’ll try to make it sooner rather than later for the faction building here.

Quote:
MISTRESS OF MAGIC
After Zatanna or a friendly Unique Hero within 10 spaces of Zatanna rolls combat dice, defense dice, or attack dice for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, change one die rolled to a blank.
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I think L_M's idea for the 2 blanks is better then the single blank rolled trigger. Maybe a compromise in between the two where the trigger is you much have more blanks showing on your combat dice that the number of blanks showing on your opponents combat dice. So 1 blank would be enough if your opponent didn't roll any blanks, but if your opponent rolled one blank then you need 2 blanks, which is where Zatanna comes into play nicely. Just note that when attacking Zatanna will allow you to change one die to a blank, but that decision must be made before the defense dice are rolled and you know what your opponents results are. The opposite is then true when rolling defense dice though, your opponent rolls attack dice first so you will already know how many blanks were rolled and deciding on if you want Zatanna to change a shield or skull into a blank is easier to make.
That makes sense, although it would come at the consequence that he's going to be less effective on figures with more muscle, which doesn't feel as accurate to the character. Oh well, balance is balance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I’ll just share her blank power as-is(hasn’t been through testing) so we’re all on the same page. I’ll leave the rest of the design a surprise for those who sign up to test her. Not sure on the release for her though, but I’ll try to make it sooner rather than later for the faction building here.

Quote:
MISTRESS OF MAGIC
After Zatanna or a friendly Unique Hero within 10 spaces of Zatanna rolls combat dice, defense dice, or attack dice for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, change one die rolled to a blank.
Thanks, Arkham. I think this will honestly be very helpful.

Speaking of faction building...Yodaking, what are your thoughts on getting Constantine up and running?
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm currently working on a initial PT, when that is done I'm thinking I'm going to launch the Constantine thread. So a few more days as I have other plans tonight.
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = SHADE THE CHANGING MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = RAC SHADE

SPECIES = METAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHANGING MAN
PERSONALITY = MERCURIAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

MADNESS VEST
Whenever Shade attacks an Insane, Unstable, or Troubled figure, roll 2 additional attack dice. After an opponent's figure either attacks or is attacked by Shade, and defense dice are rolled, and if you rolled more blanks than your opponent, you may choose an Order Marker on that figure's card. Switch it with an Order Marker on this card. Both players may reveal these Order Markers normally on their turn instead of their other Order Marker of the same number. At the end of the round, all Order Markers moved by this special power return to the player who controlled the Order Markers before they were moved.

METAN POSSESSION
At the beginning of each round after Shade has been destroyed, before Order Markers have been placed, choose a figure on the battlefield with only 1 life remaining and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, destroy that figure, remove all Markers from this card, and immediately place Shade on the space that figure occupied.

MADNESS STREAM
At the end of the round, you may choose up to one figure you control adjacent to Shade and roll the 20-sided die. Place Shade on an empty space exactly X spaces away from his original placement, where X equals the number rolled, then place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Shade. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Okay, here's where we are rn I think. Still very lengthy, and I'm sure the wording isn't perfect, but I think it's improving.

We could just make M-Vest work on attacks only. That would probably cut some wording and complication down, although I think it would be a bit less cool.
Old November 10th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Just A Head

Honestly I just had weird change of heart on the design. I'm suddenly thinking Metan Possession might be worth cutting for something else...is it okay if I halt discussion on Shade for a bit and think about him? If anyone else has a design they want to work on right now, I'd be really excited to help with that instead.
Old November 10th, 2018, 08:00 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

If u want to think up some dice results for Madame Xanadu’s tarot power that’d be cool.
Old November 10th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Just A Head

Alrighty, will do.

There are 22 Major Arcana cards in the Tarot deck. It makes sense to have The Fool (Card 0) and The World (Card 21) in there cause they're the first and last cards. Other than that, I just picked some random ones I thought could translate well. Reversed cards usually have the opposite meaning of what that card normally means, and are sometimes more negative than the upright of the same card. Anyways, here's my stab at it.

Quote:
• 1-2, you must move any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control onto the chosen Hero's card. (0: The Fool (reversed)- recklessness)

• 3-4, any Order Markers on the chosen Hero's card must be moved to other Army Cards you control, if possible. (3: The Empress (reversed)- dependence on others)

• 5-6, for the remainder of the round the chosen Hero subtracts 1 from their Attack and Defense numbers. (6: The Lovers (reversed)- disharmony)

• 7-8, for the remainder of the round, the chosen figure can only take a turn after an Order Marker is revealed on its card. (9: The Hermit (reversed)- isolation)

• 9-10, the player that loses initiative may immediately rearrange any Order Markers on Army Cards they control. (11: Justice- justice)

• 11-12, you may choose an opponent's Army Card and view all Order Markers on that card. (12: The Hanged Man- new perspectives)

• 13-14, for the remainder of the round, after taking a turn with the chosen Hero, you may place a Wound Marker on the chosen Hero's card to take one additional turn with it. (15: The Devil- obsession)

• 15-16, you may move an Order Marker on an opponent's card to another card that opponent controls. (16: The Tower- sudden change, chaos)

• 17-18, remove one Wound Marker from the chosen Hero's Army Card. (17: The Star- renewal)

• 19-20, for the remainder of the round the chosen Hero adds 1 to their Move, Attack, and Defense numbers. (21: The World- completion)
Major Arcana Meanings
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:08 PM

Looks pretty good. I’d probably go with something other than the change order markers if you lose initiative one, but I like the rest. Though looking at order markers may not be that beneficial. Since it’s her only power unless we can fit something else small, I’d want the power to have a decent enough chance for a benefit. But we can keep her low points.

When I’m able to get on my computer again, currently recovering from surgery, I’ll see what the text spacing comes out to.
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Looks pretty good. I’d probably go with something other than the change order markers if you lose initiative one, but I like the rest. Though looking at order markers may not be that beneficial. Since it’s her only power unless we can fit something else small, I’d want the power to have a decent enough chance for a benefit. But we can keep her low points.

When I’m able to get on my computer again, currently recovering from surgery, I’ll see what the text spacing comes out to.
To me Justice is the midpoint of the deck, so I tried to make it a neutral effect in-between the bad effects and the good ones. But yeah, change whatever you think is best.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old November 11th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's not that I dislike this character, it's just that I have zero experience with him. Whereas the other one is a pretty classic DCU/JLA/JSA villain.

Who also looks pretty cool!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy