Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Poll 8: Jandar's Oath #1
Gorillanators 9 8.91%
Marrden Hounds 20 19.80%
Sentinels of Jandar 22 21.78%
Shaolin Monks 14 13.86%
Microcorp Agents 23 22.77%
MacDirk Warriors 13 12.87%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Cyborg gorillas with guns - how could I not vote for them? As maligned as they are around here, they are actually pretty good when paired with the Nakitas (who I also really like) too.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
On height? Bonus. On water. Bonus. Dead? Bonus (sort of). All this plus decent stats and a fairly cool sculpt and the Microcorp get my vote.

I like about all of these squads though.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle

I like about all of these squads though.
Me too.
It's a great wave for the amount of variety in common squads.
They all look kickin' (I've come to like the Highlander sculpts!) too.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer
I like to think of Microcorp as ranged melee. They have good attack and defense like melee... but they're ranged.
What? How is 2/3 "good attack and defense like melee"?

I believe this is the closest poll yet.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
I like to think of Microcorp as ranged melee. They have good attack and defense like melee... but they're ranged.

I believe this is the closest poll yet.
I was wondering that myself. They are the best ranged unit in the game when they have height in my eyes and when they don't they are pretty bad. I don't think I would ever think of them as a melee unit. They should always be used as a ranged unit that can avoid being destroyed.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:17 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart
While I like the Sentinels, and the Hounds look interesting, the Microcorp Agents look pretty darn cool. Definitely high on my list of figures I'd like to try.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Quote:
Quote:

I believe this is thAe closest poll yet.
I was wondering that myself. They are the best ranged unit in the game when they have height in my eyes and when they don't they are pretty bad. I don't think I would ever think of them as a melee unit. They should always be used as a ranged unit that can avoid being destroyed.
I can't speak for Paragoomba, but perhaps he's considering that potent Stealth Armor!
Engage whatever - be it normal or special attack - they've a chance to survive without even having to hold hands with a long-haired Greek guy!

I even recall the strategy tips on the old official site recommending a bold style with these guys. Throw them out there and don't worry. They've a sizeable chance to survive whatever as long as the threat doesn't outright destroy them.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
This is a hard one because i love the whole wave but when it comes down to it I have to go with the Microcorp Agents.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can't speak for Paragoomba, but perhaps he's considering that potent Stealth Armor!
Engage whatever - be it normal or special attack - they've a chance to survive without even having to hold hands with a long-haired Greek guy!

I even recall the strategy tips on the old official site recommending a bold style with these guys. Throw them out there and don't worry. They've a sizeable chance to survive whatever as long as the threat doesn't outright destroy them.
Actually I meant NOT to engage with them, and just camp (Camping means sitting in a good spot and waiting for the enemy to come to you) on a hill. Considering alot of ranged squads have 3 attack including height, having 4 attack on height makes them, IMO, the best ranged squad on height. They have the power of the Obsidian guards' melee attack, but at seven range.

Sorry for the confusion.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM

fejkl Woo who?
This one was easily the hardest one for me to pick. After some back and forth between Microcorp and Marrdens, I had to go with the Marrdens. The sheer potential for utter devestation per turn, plus their 5 defense, helped them edge out the agents...barely.

No signature here. Just keep moving on.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Microcorps are the only competitor here for me. They look cool. They provide their own attack, defense, and movement boosts, so they don't have to depend on a hero to fight effectively. They're expensive figures who leave plenty of start zone spaces for rats. Stealth Armor works against counterstrike, disengagement, falling, Deadeye.... Yet they're not so uncounterable that they're sickening to see across the table from you.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually I meant NOT to engage with them, and just camp (Camping means sitting in a good spot and waiting for the enemy to come to you) on a hill. Considering alot of ranged squads have 3 attack including height, having 4 attack on height makes them, IMO, the best ranged squad on height. They have the power of the Obsidian guards' melee attack, but at seven range.

Sorry for the confusion.
KMA, Nakitas, and AE all have 4 attack on height.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion