Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old September 2nd, 2017, 10:13 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hendal's New Philly Sept 2nd 17' report

14 people showed up, which I thought was good for labor day weekend. We had lots of different boards as always, which to me is always a plus and makes for a better day.

We used the Delta+ pricing system, which I thought was really cool, I had never used and and had maybe read about it once long long ago. So I went for it, I brought all overpriced guys that are now cheaper.

5x roman archers ( 35 where 55 ),
frost giant ( 125, was 140 )
New raelin ( 110, was 120 ),
dead eye dan ( 45, was 60 ),
marcu and isumi where are more expensive at 25 and 20.
I had the combined special 6 attack that I was counting on to take out big things.

My first matach was against Jada and she brought mittens, and lots of venoc vipers and the elite vipers. So no real big guys coming at me to get with my 6 attack. She had never used them before and I explained if she rolls a lot of frezies she will win. She started off well taking out 8 of my archers and only losing 3 snakes, she was rolling frenzies at this point, then she stopped for while and I caught back up and evened it out at 8 and 8 dead then I killed a couple more & the tides had turned, she got some good frenzies again and started to catch back up, but then she got low on snakes and lost a turn when they all died, she moved her elite out next and left one where I got height advantage and I killed one, I ran out of archers and finished off the elite with my giant, he then faced off with mittens and took him down with his 6 attack. The board had a +2 move where she could move right onto it from here start zone the first half of the game, the other side was disengageand she could get to it from the start zone almost the whole game, it was not a factor, but that move was.

1-0

Scott was next and he had 4 arrow grunts, Krug, mimrig, and 3 swog riders, we had the board with a bridge in the center, I killed his dragon with my 6 att, after 3 hits, then he stopped rolling defense for a while and I killed off every swog on the first try, he had height on me the whole time, we both had access to a +1 def. glyph , but on lava rock, so gotta move off that 3 turn of roll to die. If one of his swog would have lasted more then 1 movement turn he would have won it, my guys moving 4 is painful, to get up the hill was a long battle, in the middle of the game I held the bridge for a while, he took it back, then I took it for good, Krug is to slow on this board, so I just rained down attack on him while he lumbered around the board. Krug did kill raelin and my frost giant, and I think maybe dead eye, by the time he got to me he was wounded and pissed off. but my archers at height finsihed off krug.

2-0

SWNinja mittens, 2 armoc vipers, 5 venoc vipers I think, , plus a 30 point new guy that had range and negates all your powers.
This was a very good battle, he just frenzied to much on me. It was close, he used his 30 point guy to kill Isumi and bi passed my run away 9 power. He had a plus 1 def. glyph he could get to and a +2 move, he was screaming across the board at M 11 and the def saved a couple of guys, so him controlling 2 powerful glyphs was not helping my side at all.

2-1

Andrew - Kato, enar flag bearer, 2 shooters and 3 spearmen,
I was glad to be facing andrew - I game with him a lot, but never heroscape before. 8 guys moving and attackng is awesome, but those leaders cost you. He charged at me and let me pick him off, he played it wrong, we had a road in the center leading to each other with lave hills all around, I took the plus 2 move and he never took me off it, bad sign for him. he got a few stickers next to raelin, but never 3 for his big attack, I made sure of that. He left 2 guys on lava early on and lost them, so that hurt him a lot. Late in the game I did, but it was already over by then.

3-1

Next is Heroscaper2010 - he has Blade grunts orcs, nerak, tornack, and a C3V custom orc hero who has range and gives move bonus. He controlled the glyps, what eve they where, I took out his big guy pretty easily with my 6 attack, but he just had to many orcs for me, my giant killed a few in the end and, and now that I think about it I forgot my dieing swipes with my giant also, so that might have changed things, he he. Oh yea he had the wonak glyps so he wounded my marcu 5 times, that one hurt at the end when he was dead first hit instead of lasting a few turns. It was a really fun game. Since HS2010 arranges these I am glad I got to play against him, and he won the whole day at 5-0

me 3-2

Not having any kind of glyph control was a big downfall, but getting to use roman archers in a tourney was a whole lot of fun, I feel they held their own at 35 points.

Mike came in 2nd with 5 squads of 4th mass. at 100 pts each, he was the one army I did not want to face. But even raising their price by 30 they are still crazy tough.

Great day, my crew was all happy

thank you everyone, what a good place to spend the day gaming.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports