Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart
Re: Looking for Terrain Dimensions to create blender 3d mode

it seems to me like you would really have to set up a risk/reward scenario. Glyphs or something. Kept trying to think of a way that it would make it worthwhile to try and go through lava.

After seeing the Marvel game set up this morning, I know I'm going to need some cover items like trees etc.

Definately building in the Z direction too.
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Z? Oh yeah, Blender..Z is up In Cinema 4D, the up and down is Y and X/Z is back/forth, left/right.

Even throwing glyphs in there isn't TOO much of a reward, more of a gamble depending on the glyphs that are thrown into the mix.

We bought the Marvel set but RARELY use it. We keep it just for the collection's sake.

PM me about any custom scenery
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I made my own lava by painting regular pieces. It's fun to have a map with the lava field tiles on height near the middle of the map. Gives you that risk/reward.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:03 PM

Must be just Cinema and Maya where Z is wrong.

AutoCAD, Max, Blender, oh, and the Cartesiean coordinate system; x is across the page, y is up the page. Z just stands to reason that it would be out of the page.

...funny that a sheet of paper is my point of reference. Pffffft draughtsmen.
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:39 AM

My ebay RotV plus some additional terrain arrived.
I tried to build the official Wellspring of Obsession. It took nearly an hour, and like it said, it requries two full RotV.
This made me realize what a barrier to taking Heroscape to other gamers is going to be. Now have to figure out how to keep the kids out of a Heroscape game if I have other fully grown gamers over.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
I tried to build the official Wellspring of Obsession. It took nearly an hour, and like it said, it requries two full RotV.
This made me realize what a barrier to taking Heroscape to other gamers is going to be. Now have to figure out how to keep the kids out of a Heroscape game if I have other fully grown gamers over.
Multiple maps built will keep them occupied with their own battle possibly. I have found it necessary to keep 3 maps built most of the time, one each for playtesting, games with my daughter, and games with my son. The games with the kids are usually played over multiple days because of school and other activities tying up those maps. My playtesting has been banished to the basement due to noise and space constraints.

Transport isn't that bad if you stick to BoV or C3G maps. I have had 3 maps in the back of the van on cardboard bases and, other than trees falling over, they handle the trip very well.

BTW, I modeled a hex in ProEngineer just need to add drafts and will attempt to rapid prototype soon, possibly this week.

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; January 25th, 2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Hex model
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
That's good! You've taken your first step into a larger world.
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
BTW, I modeled a hex in ProEngineer just need to add drafts and will attempt to rapid prototype soon, possibly this week.
Interesting, I guess you have access to an RP machine?
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Interesting, I guess you have access to an RP machine?
Indeed I do sir. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:49 PM

We used to have that where I work. Then the business-people decided that there was no tangible ROI to show the shareholders on a balance sheet so they spun off that portion of the company into a separate business, which meant that the cost to the project to use the service went up by a factor of 3 or 4. Now it's too expensive to use except in rare instances.
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:41 PM

You can't track quantity of time in design revisions?
Surely it cuts design revisions in half. Client's and MBAs can't read drawings. Handling even a scale model or prototype is entirely tangilbe.

As long as they don't offer the time savings as a discount to the market value, that's your ROI. No?
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Any chance you're willing to share the raw 3d data in a dwg, dxf, obj, or 3ds format? Though 3ds is obsolete now. I think Autodesk eliminated it because it was a go-between for other software which they haven't bought yet.
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM

The lighting setup makes this look like a rendering, though I think it's photo.

http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads...bunker_MfP.jpg

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles