Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Looking for Terrain Dimensions to create blender 3d mode

Oooh, flourescenty green translucent plexi water tiles would be cool for chemical spills.
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

YEAH! See? Stuff like THAT. Gimme more ideas..lol. I needs reasons to use this CNC

PM me about any custom scenery
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Hmmm, how about something sci-fi, like metal grating hex tiles? Or metal panels with rivets.
Old January 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

I had the industrial/sci-fi thing on my mind for a while now. It seems to be the one thing HS SHOULD have had as an expansion but didn't.

Old January 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

Sci-Fi seemed like the likely candidate.

If I were to ever manufacture anything, for myself, it would likely be bridge pieces.

Being that Forgotten Forest seems to be so hard to find.
Shipping from the US for expansions or occasional terrain additions may bring 3d printing into cost range. Not sure.

I had contacted a close-by printer about architectural models. His build size was the problem. I think, several years ago it was $250 to get the machine time, plus print media, for an 8"x8"x8" volume. Might get an architectural client to pay that, but it is certainly out of range of personal toy cost. That was several years ago too.
Old January 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM

I just uploaded a single hex solid by 1/4" high to shapeways to see what the cost would be.
$16.55 for white solid flexible material.
As high as $93 for one of the metals.
$11 and change for "sandstone" which is probably the powder and glue deposition method.
Doubt I'll be rapid prototyping anything really soon.
Old January 13th, 2012, 03:25 PM

There is always resin casting! It's about $90 for a couple gallons of the epoxy and the cast making kit. If you are going to reproduce glaciers, bridges and trees, it might be well worth it. I mean, a Tundra will set you back $100+ easily. And you wouldn't use much resin at all as the glaciers are totally hollow! They seem like VERY easy pieces to cast.

Old January 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM

I have some Heroscape inbound from the US.
Still, if anyone has measurements of a hex available, I still want to create the digital asset.
Old January 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM

If all goes well, I'll have a detailed drawing tomorrow for you. Had to grab a micrometer, wasn't one handy lately....lol. I'll just take a picture of a single hex and overlay dimensions. Metric ok?

Old January 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM

Cool Chachi. I don't mean to sound pushy. I do understand that real life happens, and I'm asking a favour of someone I don't even know, so take your time.

Photo works for me. In the AEC industry in Canada you get used to working in both systems; so metric is fine. I like metric better.
Old January 17th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Ok, I'm actually buying a digital micrometer on the way home. I have a Home Depot gift card I need to use anyway! Plus the one here at the office is non-digital and total garbage. Works for me because I just needed an excuse to buy one. I even brought a hex tile to work with me...lol. It's sitting on my desk and no one has any idea what the hell it is....LMAO!!!

Old January 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM

Ok, so these things aren't as easy to measure as I thought they would be...lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles