Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 13th, 2009, 10:34 AM

hobosock is surprisingly tart
Nagrubs Change the Tide of Battle

Nagrubs ARE usefull!!! (sorry in advance for the wierd spacing)

My friend and I were playing a Heroscape game on the Capuan Arena developed by Mad_wookiee. We were using 400 point armies. My army was: Izumi Samurai, Kozuke Samurai, Microcorp Agents, Krav Maga Agents, and the Marrden Nagrubs, chosen only because I had 40 points left over. My friend had: the Airborne Elite, Venoc Warlord, Raelin (SotM version), and the Tarn Viking Warriors.

The battle started out pretty well for me. I rushed Raelin with my samurai and killed her first turn, and by the second round I had also killed his Venoc Warlord. Things started to go downhill after that. My friend dropped his Airborne Elite on the highest points of the map, and with their range of eight they he could hoot any figure on the map. He also successfully rolled an 18 for his Berserker Charge for his vikings, so in next few turns he eliminated all of my Krav Maga, two of my Izumi Samurai (although he did lose two vikings to counter strike), and one of my Microcorp Agents.

I rallied a little bit, but I still thought I was going to lose. I ended up with two Marrden Nagrubs versus his two Airborne Elite and two Tarn Vikings. I figured I was doomed because Nagrubs have pathetic stats to begin with, and he had ranged units with the height advantage. Somehow, though, I was able to take out his remaining Airborne Elite before he could use them, and then I killed one of his vikings. His last viking killed one of my Nagrubs, so now it was 1 vs. 1. I attacked him first, and I rolled a one. Somehow, my friend rolled a zero for defense and I killed his last viking.

It was pretty a unexcpected victory. I'd been losing for almost the whole game, starting at the 4th round. The fact that I came back and won the game with one of the worst squads ever was very surprising.

Last edited by Aldin; July 13th, 2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Fixed spacing
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Captain Canuck is surprisingly tart
Re: Nagrubs Change the Tide of Battle

It's always fun when an unexpected figure turns the tide of the game. However, it shouldn't be suprising that the Nagrubs are useful. They are a great support unit, and can make your Hivelord a heck of a lot stronger.
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I also love when a unit does something incredibly unexpected.
I had a Ashigbaru army and they got run through by repulsors with a glyph. So I sent Kato out to destroy, and he kills like 3 heroes and 4 squaddies with only 2 wounds on him. It was a fun time for me. I like when things like that happen, it keeps the game interesting.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
It's always fun when an unexpected figure turns the tide of the game. However, it shouldn't be suprising that the Nagrubs are useful. They are a great support unit, and can make your Hivelord a heck of a lot stronger.
The thing is, I wasn't using any other marro or hivelord unit or anything like that. They were just extra figures and somehow they pulled through.

I've got to agree with you, tubafication. The match was probably the most fun and suspensful game I've ever played.
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM

Captain Canuck is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobosock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
The thing is, I wasn't using any other marro or hivelord unit or anything like that. They were just extra figures and somehow they pulled through.
Even better!! Any victory that leaves your opponent feeling salty, is a victory that tastes even sweeter. Congratulations!
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM

Thanks.
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:58 PM

RevenantAngel is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

when i was playing a game with my cousin both of us were using marro and all we had left was 2 nagrubs and one of mine was on an attack glyph and one of his nagrubs were on a defense glyph on the other side of the map,so it was my 2 nagrubs against his one and since he wa on height he had 4 defense.I rolled nothing both times with my nagrubs and next turn he eliminated mine.But what was amazing is with the glyphs our nagrubs were really powerful ones it was certainly a funny way to end a game.
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM

I agree. When it gets down to your last units the match gets really tense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports