Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old July 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Logan_Xavier has disabled reputation
Another player from Chicago reporting in.

Would like to get together and game, but schedule is too hectic!

What we need to do is coordinate who hits which stores in the area so we can all get what we need without doubling up the effort.

Anyone interested?

Bulls: 49-33
Time to crush the Heat and advance to the second round!!
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
started up an Event thread for the 7/30 game. Join in if you think you can make it.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...160&highlight=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan_Xavier
Another player from Chicago reporting in.
welcome LX! there's always time for HS
i usually prefer getting HS from Gamer's Paradise. but lately, Target has been getting the new stuff when nobody else does...
Old July 13th, 2006, 12:35 PM

Which Gamers?

I usually hit the following stores:

Target at Mannheim & Touhy (Rosemont)
Target at Harlem & Irving Plaza, aka HIP (Norridge)
Target on Addison West of California (Chicago)

TRU on Western just South of Addison (Chicago)
TRU on North east of 25th (Melrose Park)

Gamers at HIP (Norridge)

I like Gamers, but their big expansions cost more than the other stores. The price on the small expansions is decent though.

I agree that there's always time for HS, but not only am I moving, my company is moving from Franklin Park to Roselle.
I don't have time to play except with my regular group. Our games usually last a few days, and we get together when we can.

Old July 13th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
a Heroscape game that lasts a few days! holy smokes! (or are you talking about other games?)

your territory doesn't overlap mine. my primary area is around Stratford Square in Bloomingdale.

Gamers did bump up their HS price once or twice but not lately. at least the ones near me haven't gone over MSRP on HS in almost a year. i hit GP at Stratford first, then Charlestown Mall in St. Charles. If I have to i'll head out to the GP in Lombard (Yorktown mall) or Schaumburg (Woodfield).
Old July 13th, 2006, 03:12 PM

vernz has disabled reputation
i go to gamers in joliet mall or the fox valley mall

Old July 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM

Yeah, one of our single games can take a while to finish.
We usually are not able to get together any time before 8:00 PM, and we play until 11 or so. This is due to a bunch of screwed up schedules.
We usually play 4 players with around 800 points each.
The current map we are playing on is about 17+ MS, 6 VW, 6 TT, and 6 RttFF (w/ an extra set of trees).
It takes so long b/c we do a staggered start. 1/2 the team (by points) begins in the starting area. After turn 4 "Reinforcements" can come in (second 1/2) after placing a turn marker on the unit. Some games there are still reinforcements waiting to come in when we call it quits.
We use around 20 glyphs, with 5 artifacts mixed in. Whichever team has the most artifacts by the end wins. But this is all subjective. Some games we quit early when all the figures are killed, while some just drag on until one side concedes. We've tried to agree on a set number of rounds, but do not always stick to it.
The most recent game started on the 6th, and is only on round 6. But we've only been able to play twice total since we drafted our figures.

Come August, my list of stores will inevitably change. I'm moving from "North Center" (Irving & Western) to Norwood Park (Harlem & Higgins). So that will cut out at least 1 TRU & 1 Target. Also, since my company is moving to Roselle, I'm going to loose the other TRU & 1 target since they will be out of my way when I commute (10 miles!!!). But, I'll be closer to Schaumburg so I might hit the stores in / near Woodfield. Plus I will have to do a search and see what stores will be near the new warehouse. I'll keep you all updated.

Also, I will be going to "hit" my stores this weekend. If I see anything of interest I'll let you all know. Instead of posting it on another thread, I'll put the info here for all the locals. If I find something you need, I might be able to help out. (at no additional cost)

Old July 13th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Spin Master

dear lord! 17 MS! 20 glyphs! *puts eyes back in head*

you guys have got a lot of patience. i like quick and dirty scenarios, game over in a couple of hours. i've only done 8 players once (4 on a team, with each player at 500). that game went about 5 hours. my son and i play a lot of 2 player games. 4 players when i get together with my usual gaming buddies on the weekend.

when it comes to GP, the store at Woodfield does a LOT better than the others and therefore gets the most product.
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:00 PM

I'm trying to convert my players to shorter games, but they like to use as many figures as possible.

I guess I have to build smaller maps. But that will be hard because I like to use all my pieces.
Most maps are 30 x 26 to fit the 4' x 4' tables we use. I've set up two tables together in the past and made longer maps.

As soon as I learn how to upload the maps, I'll post what we've been playing on. I have pictures of the last few, and have rendered one in LandSCAPE and SolidSCAPE. I have to convert the .sol to a PDF, and learn how to upload the SolidSCAPE file.

Old July 14th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Spin Master

if you haven't seen this thread yet, start with this.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hread.php?t=58

if you still have questions, shoot me a PM.
Old July 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM

Thanks will do!

I've got most of it down, just need to make sure I am doing it right. YOu might see them this weekend.

Old July 15th, 2006, 12:32 AM

deliverymanxas is surprisingly tart
Sounds pretty sweet...cant wait. I have problems building/playing on 6 MS maps. I couldnt imagine 17.
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:19 PM

langfordrocks has disabled reputation
northern illinois/southern wisconsin

Hello, I've been playing HS about 6 months now. former RPG and miniatures player. I have been to this site quite a bit and thought I would make mysekf known. I live in Rockford, Illinois and work in Elgin, Ill. I would be interested in potentially making a trip somewhere to play against some one other than my daughter and occasionally my nephew and brother-in-law. Thx.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers