Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old August 30th, 2023, 10:10 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) (Sinister Six)

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
so the two questions in my mind are

1. Is the intent for it to trigger on Knockback? Because I think Placement works the same as walking up next to him.

2. is engaged something that happens on your turn only or can you become engaged on your enemies turn?
1. I don't know what the intent is here, so I can't answer that, but I would say that being moved next to him or being placed next to him would all be considered "engaging" him if you're being moved or placed from a spot of not being engaged with him into one of being engaged with him. Knockback just moves you, so it'd certainly trigger it.

2. It doesn't matter whose turn it is. I'm not sure why anyone would think that it did. It matters which figure is moving.

If Doc Ock is moving and he moves adjacent to an enemy, Doc Ock is the one engaging the enemy. If they move (or are moved) into adjacency with him, they're the one engaging him.

It's not "becomes engaged," it's "engages," which establishes that the figure is moving into the engagement, not that it's being engaged.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 30th, 2023, 10:11 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
To me, "engages" means you weren't previously engaged and now you are, no matter how you got there.
At all? So I break engagement with Vulture and am now immune?
I'm not sure what you're asking here (feel free to clarify) but I'll take my best stab at what you might be asking:

The way engagement works is that you can move in and out of engagement. If at any point during the move action you're not engaged to Doc Ock and then your figure moves (or is moved) into engagement with Doc Ock, your figure is engaging Doc Ock.

Feels pretty cut and dry to me, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something or if y'all are overthinking this.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 30th, 2023, 10:30 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
To me, "engages" means you weren't previously engaged and now you are, no matter how you got there.
At all? So I break engagement with Vulture and am now immune?
I'm not sure what you're asking here (feel free to clarify) but I'll take my best stab at what you might be asking:

The way engagement works is that you can move in and out of engagement. If at any point during the move action you're not engaged to Doc Ock and then your figure moves (or is moved) into engagement with Doc Ock, your figure is engaging Doc Ock.

Feels pretty cut and dry to me, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something or if y'all are overthinking this.
For my part I'm sure I'm overthinking. But also I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one in history here to do that so I think it's worth it to have the convo here so future folks can see it.

Mainly I want @Ronin and @MrNobody to chime in here with the experience they had that brought this up with a bit more detail

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 30th, 2023, 11:17 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

My original intent was definitely that it'd just hit moves/maneuvers. After thinking on it more I'm not sure it's really an issue though, since it's not like bouncing an opponent off him is a super reliable trick you could pull yourself, and the punishment for failure (leaving an opponent engaged with him) is high.

As long as the way to play it is clear I think it's fine. (And I think Nobody was in line with the general consensus here that placement and such would count)
Old August 30th, 2023, 11:28 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

so yeah if placement was the question then I agree it's clear as is that placement would trigger. Nightcrawler Bamfing in would trigger.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 30th, 2023, 11:59 AM

Knockback is moving a figure, so I think that's a pretty clear yes as well.

Fwiw, I don't think it's a terribly powerful effect and I like it triggering on placement and knockback. Also fun soft synergy with Shocker. Shocker knocks you back into Ock, then Ock swats you into Electro. Good stuff. Obviously not reliable.

Old August 30th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Knockback is moving a figure, so I think that's a pretty clear yes as well.

Fwiw, I don't think it's a terribly powerful effect and I like it triggering on placement and knockback. Also fun soft synergy with Shocker. Shocker knocks you back into Ock, then Ock swats you into Electro. Good stuff. Obviously not reliable.
Old February 16th, 2024, 04:18 PM

pollyperkins13 is surprisingly tart

MASTER PLANNER
Instead of Doctor Octopus' ordered activation, you may activate up to X Sinister Six Unique Heroes and then end your turn. X is the number on the Order Marker you revealed this turn. As many of the activated Heroes as possible must be Heroes that have not yet been activated this round.

Just a question on this ability : if you reveal the order marker 3 and after the 2nd activation all figures have now been activated, does your turn now end ? Or do you get a final go with a final hero that has previously been activated. Presumably one not used during this turn .
Thank you
Old February 16th, 2024, 04:55 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Correct, you can activate other figures as long as they haven't been activated this turn.
Old February 16th, 2024, 05:47 PM

If all possible Heroes have already been activated this round, then you get to activate whichever ones you want. You just have to activate as many as possible that haven't been activated yet this round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database