Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 5th, 2022, 12:00 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
MARS Philadelphia - VC Rule of 9 - 11/12/2022

Announcing the second gathering of the Revamped Mid-Atlantic Regional Scapers! It will be at:

Showcase Comics and Games
1015 Lancaster Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Saturday November 12, 2022
12:00 – 1:00 Setup.
1:00 – 6:00 5 Rounds of HeroScape.
6:00 – 7:00 Map teardown and prizes.

$10 Entry Fee. (100% of admission cost will be used to purchase gift certificates to the store that will be prized out to the top X players, depending on attendance)

VC Rule of 9
  • Each player brings one army of up to 440 points, with a maximum of 18 figures. An army may occupy any number of spaces as long as it meets the figure limit.
    • An army can contain more than 18 figures, but only 18 figures may be placed on the battlefield each game. Airborne Elite, Rechets of Bogdan, and Bound Heroes of the Acolytes of Vorganund count toward these limits.
    • If the placed figures in the army require more than 24 start zone spaces, place the minimum number of additional start zone tiles needed adjacent to the back of the start zone. All additional start zone tiles placed must be adjacent to standard start zone spaces, must be the same level as an adjacent standard start zone space (use grass or ice), and cannot be placed adjacent to a space that is not in the start zone. If there is a dispute in adding tiles, contact an organizer.
  • Armies can place no more than 9 of the same common figure at the start of a game.
  • Your army can only include one of the following Army Cards: Deathreavers, Major Q9, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV), Marro Warriors.
    • This rule only restricts using these Army Cards together. Including 2+ squads of Deathreavers is allowed (unless further restricted by other format rules).
  • Valhalla Customs (C3V + SoV) figures are allowed. See these Valhalla Customs resources:
  • Marvel Heroscape figures are not allowed.

Maps
Top 6 Finalists of the ScapeCon III Marvelous Map Contest!

Apocalypse Now By Typhon2222 (Brought by Vydar_XLIII)

Dralli by Sir Heroscape (Brought by gbizzy)

New Ahola by Ulysses (Brought by bishop2003)

Snare by Flash_19 (Brought by gbizzy)

Succession by Superfrog (Brought by tom)

Thermal Shock by Vydar_XLIII (Brought by Vydar_XLIII)

Attendees
  1. Vydar_XLIII
  2. Brean of Philly
  3. tom
  4. gbizzy
  5. bishop2003
  6. bishop2003 +1
  7. tom's wife
  8. Heirloom

Likely
  9. Myth26

Q&A
Forthcoming.

Tags:

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 4th, 2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old October 5th, 2022, 01:14 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MARS Philadelphia - VC Rule of 9 - 11/12/2022

I should be good to go for this. Looking forward to it.
Old October 5th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Awesome! I’m ‘Likely To Attend’, just need to double-check with the fam.
Old October 5th, 2022, 02:23 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Worth noting that I have an almost complete VC collection and have no issue lending out Classic or VC figures as needed, at a first come, first serve basis.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old October 5th, 2022, 02:58 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Wish I could make it, but I know you all are gonna have a great time!
Old October 5th, 2022, 03:22 PM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Worth noting that I have an almost complete VC collection and have no issue lending out Classic or VC figures as needed, at a first come, first serve basis.
I'll have to take a look at those VC figures. I have no idea what to expect from them.
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:17 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys, love to see this. I’m down in Princeton, NJ. This looks like it will be a bad date for me but certainly will want to get together as often as possible. We ran a few events years back under the title JerseyScape and were able to drum up enough support for some nice events. Looking forward to this revival.
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms View Post
Hey guys, love to see this. I’m down in Princeton, NJ. This looks like it will be a bad date for me but certainly will want to get together as often as possible. We ran a few events years back under the title JerseyScape and were able to drum up enough support for some nice events. Looking forward to this revival.
The plan is to switch off every other month with Earl_of_Sandwich's Maryland events. The next Philly one will be in January and I will try to keep them on the second Saturday of each month. So keep Jan 14th open for the next one!

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old October 5th, 2022, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:
I'll have to take a look at those VC figures. I have no idea what to expect from them.
There are a lot of them. I'd focus on this list to start, its a combination of the good stuff and stuff that did well in the last Rule of 9 online tournament (although that tournament did use Delta pricing).

Azazel the Kyrie Warrior + Death Knights of Valkrill + Skull Demons
B-11 Resistance Corps
Brute Gruts
Cathar Spearmen
Dreadgul Raiders + Guilty McCreech + Valguard
Grimnak + Blade Gruts + Kuthnak
Havech Eradicators
Heracles
Microcorp Troopers (which I don't own)
Quahon + Fylorlag Spiders
Rygarn
Varkaanan Unique Squads (Greyspears, Swiftfangs, Darkclaws, Quickblades)
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old October 6th, 2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Quote:
There are a lot of them. I'd focus on this list to start, its a combination of the good stuff and stuff that did well in the last Rule of 9 online tournament (although that tournament did use Delta pricing).

Azazel the Kyrie Warrior + Death Knights of Valkrill + Skull Demons
B-11 Resistance Corps
Brute Gruts
Cathar Spearmen
Dreadgul Raiders + Guilty McCreech + Valguard
Grimnak + Blade Gruts + Kuthnak
Havech Eradicators
Heracles
Microcorp Troopers (which I don't own)
Quahon + Fylorlag Spiders
Rygarn
Varkaanan Unique Squads (Greyspears, Swiftfangs, Darkclaws, Quickblades)
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
Looks like I have some homework to do!
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:53 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I may be able to attend this. If I do, I'll likely have to leave at 6 at the latest, depending on the weather forecast.

Yup, you heard that right, it's all coming down to the weather. I run a flea market booth with some friends early Sunday mornings (4am). If it's cold and/or raining I'll be able to stay the whole time.

If I win, give the the prize to the next runner up. I just want to play heroscape and hang out with y'all.

Terms acceptable?

EL

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old October 9th, 2022, 09:16 PM

Yeah that's fine. If you need to leave before cleanup that's fine by me. We'll have more than enough hands to tear down everything. I'm sure if we run over time I could even leave the maps up and come tear them down on Sunday morning.

What you do with your prize is up to you.

Hope to see you there!

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events