Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old August 8th, 2021, 11:50 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Janos Public Playtesting

-Figure Photo
Spoiler Alert!

Version 2: 6/13/22 (Life Reduced to 5, Tracking Fire Attack Reduced, Rygarn combo removed)

-text version of card
Spoiler Alert!

R&C
Q: If Janos is killed or negated during the first bonus turn taken using Expedition, can I take a turn with a second hero?
A: No.
You choose the second hero to activate after the end of the first hero's turn. If Janos is destroyed or negated, the power cannot activate.
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • C'Rik - Holographic Projectior 15

Synergy Benefits Offered

Last edited by kevindola; July 14th, 2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old August 9th, 2021, 03:44 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Janos Public Playtesting

For the first power, can it chain? If he attack a figure, it die, so he can attack a new one with 3, does the power trigger again and oblige him to attack 2 times this figure?
Old August 9th, 2021, 09:11 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
For the first power, can it chain? If he attack a figure, it die, so he can attack a new one with 3, does the power trigger again and oblige him to attack 2 times this figure?
no, the most he'll ever get is 2 attacks

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 190 - 85
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 10th, 2021, 10:58 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Army: Janos, C'Rik, Etiana, red antsx5

Army: Grundermund, Childrenx4, Hornwrangler

My approach was to flood the board with ants and then bring in the Mercenary Explorers, and it worked pretty well. Ants were ants, but I want to focus on how the team of three did.

After two three rounds of ants vs. Children, Tiamat Charged with Grundermund to get to my heroes. I had set up order marker 1 on Janos so all three heroes could activate (5 attacks on Grunder if run correctly). OM 2 was on ants to do some board clean up, and then 3 was on Etiana so I hoped to get her shot and another attack from either of the other two.

Well, I lost initiative (even with Dagmar) and Grunder attacked and ate Etiana. Luckily, Janos and C'Rik killed Grunder on order marker 1. The ants then pinned down the remaining children and Hornwrangler, which gave me enough time to advance Janos and C'Rik for clean up (plus a couple of hits on Horn from the ants).

Overall, I am very excited about how this group could work. It is one of the times that I see a group of heroes that could go toe to toe with squad armies and do some damage. The dynamic between the three takes some thought, but I think it works really well. I did not add in Byrikon, but he would have been a 4th character in the mix. Great potential.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old August 18th, 2021, 11:53 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

490 points
Map
: WYRMWALK
Glyphs: Lodin (north), Kelda (south)

Army 1 (Western Start Zone): Janos, C'Rik, Byrikon the Hiveless, Rygarn, Deathreavers x3, Marcu Esenwein
Army 2 (Eastern Start Zone): Children of the Dark Star x3, Gräbermund, Agga-Zemir

Which units survived?
Janos (1 wound)
C'Rik (3 wounds)
Byrikon (1 wound)
Rygarn
8 Deathreavers
Marcu
1 Child of the Dark Star

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Janos:
Spoiler Alert!

C'Rik:
Spoiler Alert!

Byrikon:
Spoiler Alert!

Gräbermund:
Spoiler Alert!

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Janos:
Spoiler Alert!

C'Rik:
Spoiler Alert!

Byrikon:
Spoiler Alert!

Gräbermund:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Blue Trails; August 19th, 2021 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Misremembered certain power names while writing the report.
Old September 17th, 2021, 12:01 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quick game:

Map: Wingspan by me

Army 1: Janos, Etiana, Wastewalker Gage (290)
Army 2: Kalagrith, Greenscales x2 (280)

Like my game against Vydar, this game was really a dicefest. The entire game was 7 turns.

R1OM1: Janos won initiative and moved up.
Kalagrith and 3 greenies moved up.

R1OM2: Gage moved up.
Kalagrith flew in for a 5v3 normal attack on Janos that was blocked. Greenscales got a 4v3 and a 3v3 on Janos that went for 5 wounds.

R1OM3: Janos hit Kalagrith with Tracking Fire for 2 wounds, and triggered Expedition. Gage Chainsawed Kal and a Greenscale, only killing the Greenscale. Etiana got height and missed her attack.
Kalagrith 5v3 to kill Janos, Greenscales get 4/4 and 3/4 against some bad shadow-boosted defense from Gage to kill him.

R2OM1: Kalagrith uses Scorched Earth on Etiana for 2 wounds, Greenscales finish her off. gg me.

Janos did ~46 points of damage and facilitated 20 more points. Some very disparate dice decided this game for sure.

Old October 31st, 2021, 10:05 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

edit: kevindola. Below card is now outdated

Prototype Card
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kevindola; June 13th, 2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old June 13th, 2022, 01:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Newest version of card updated. Changes to life, attack on special, and rygarn combo removed.
Old July 16th, 2022, 09:57 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

550 points
Map
: ZEPHYR
Glyph: Wannok

Army 1: Janos, C'Rik, Byrikon the Hiveless, Kolbjorn, Deathreavers x3, Arktos
Army 2: Gorillitroopers x4, Laglor, Marcu Esenwein

Which units survived?
Byrikon (2 wounds)
Kolbjorn
3 Deathreavers
Arktos

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Janos:
Spoiler Alert!

C'Rik:
Spoiler Alert!

Kolbjorn:
Spoiler Alert!

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Janos:
Spoiler Alert!

C'Rik:
Spoiler Alert!

Kolbjorn:
Spoiler Alert!
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I assume yes, but does Nakita smoke trip twice for tracking fire? For example, if Janos attacks a Nakita who fails the smoke powder roll, but then his attack is blocked, would the Nakita roll for smoke powder again for his 4A attack? And then I assume if that smoke powder roll hits, Janos can shoot something else, but with the 2A.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Smoke Powder only works against normal attacks.
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Smoke Powder only works against normal attacks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting