Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM

mrcharleswhite is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners

Quote:
An excellent idea. I'm going to use it to help my dad get in a game. When I first played with him back in 05 the game was very slow. He said it was a too slow paced game and hasn't played ever since.
Keep trying Archer. I wish my kids had started with a card like this back when I started earlier this year. Unfortunately they didn't know about it but we use it now pretty much every time we get a chance to get together and play.

Quote:
Didn't LongHeroscaper do a great job?
Totally agree Rev. Excellent job LongHeroscaper!!!

A toast to bread, for without bread there would be no toast.
Old June 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Just printed out a bunch for tomorrow's first South Florida Tournament (we've done game days, but no tourneys).

Thanks, LongHeroscaper for all your work!
Old September 18th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Have you seen the Master Game Guide Reference Sheet from Hasbro? I recently got an RotV from somebody else and it had a printout from the heroscape.com site and listed what happens in a round and what happens in a turn. It's similar to yours, but broader and less specific about turns.
Old September 18th, 2008, 02:34 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Have you seen the Master Game Guide Reference Sheet from Hasbro? I recently got an RotV from somebody else and it had a printout from the heroscape.com site and listed what happens in a round and what happens in a turn. It's similar to yours, but broader and less specific about turns.
I'll need to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up !

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old September 18th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I'll need to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up !
Well, I believe they got it from the old site, so good luck finding it!
Old October 17th, 2008, 04:35 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I was reading the thread (beacuse i believe its important to read the whole thread b4 you comment to ensure you know whats going on and don't look stupid) and it was talking about height advantage and it was put, "10 height + difference in defender's height"

Question: What does that mean? Can i get a situation?

How I understand it: So if Jotun is 15 levels lower than Syvarris then they are actually only 10 levels apart? Because Jotun is 10 tall and negates 10 of the 15 terrain height Syvarris has. But syvarris is 5 tall and that is added to the remaining 5 terrain height to make s difference of 10. BUT! If Syvarris is only 11 higher than Jotun they would only be 6 apart so Syvarris would only get 1 bonus attack dice.

What the rules say: If the base of one figure is higher than the base of another figure the higher figure rolls extra dice. (SotM book pg.12)

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 17th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
I was reading the thread (beacuse i believe its important to read the whole thread b4 you comment to ensure you know whats going on and don't look stupid) and it was talking about height advantage and it was put, "10 height + difference in defender's height"

Question: What does that mean? Can i get a situation?

How I understand it: So if Jotun is 15 levels lower than Syvarris then they are actually only 10 levels apart? Because Jotun is 10 tall and negates 10 of the 15 terrain height Syvarris has. But syvarris is 5 tall and that is added to the remaining 5 terrain height to make s difference of 10. BUT! If Syvarris is only 11 higher than Jotun they would only be 6 apart so Syvarris would only get 1 bonus attack dice.

What the rules say: If the base of one figure is higher than the base of another figure the higher figure rolls extra dice. (SotM book pg.12)
Regular Height Advantage (+ 1) simply requires your base to be higher than your opponents.

Extreme Height Advantage (+ 2) requires that your base be 10+ levels higher than your opponents height.

So, if Syv is going against Jotun and Jotun is on a spot that is 3 levels high, Syv would have to be on an elevation that is 23 levels high to get Extreme Height Advantage (+ 2). He would only need to be on a spot that is 4 levels high to get Height Advantage (+ 1).
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Cav explained it very clear! Thanks!

I just want to point out again that when you calculate regular height advantage, you compare the bases of the figures. Jotun is at level 1, anything that is at level 2 has height advantage against Jotun even if it is a Deathreaver (size 3) or Spider (size 2).

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM

Together with an update for the Jungle trees and a minor update about moving squad figure one at a time in the moving phase, I have put different backgrounds to the card. Please let me know which one you like the most , and as usual, any comment or criticism is appreciated.

Link to the high resolution, 2-sided PDF file.

Link to the high resolution, 2-sided PDf file.

Link to the high resolution, 2-sided PDF file.

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Last edited by LongHeroscaper; October 30th, 2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old October 31st, 2008, 07:53 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners (Updated 10/30)

They look great, Long. I, personally, prefer the plain background. But I'm kind of simple.
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:00 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
They look great, Long. I, personally, prefer the plain background. But I'm kind of simple.
I agree with Revpumpkin.
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:39 AM

zombieknight is surprisingly tart

I think that's a great job - well done. I prefer the third one (the light grey background), imho.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion