Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old May 28th, 2022, 03:04 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Drunkenly Reviewing Every Low-Rated & Unranked Fiction h

Not sure how you keep these so funny time and time again, but well done once more. Although I've got to say... I don't believe traipse is a British word. It's origin is uncertain, and I've certainly read it in American English and probably used it in my own writings.

In anticipation of you eventually reaching my own compilation of contest entries, I'm going to update it with some of my finer work. I've got to bolster my author rating somehow.

~TGRF.
Old May 28th, 2022, 04:14 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend
Although I've got to say... I don't believe traipse is a British word. It's origin is uncertain, and I've certainly read it in American English and probably used it in my own writings.

I'll die on this hill it has to be British. 99% of english words are English it has to be.

Quote:
In anticipation of you eventually reaching my own compilation of contest entries, I'm going to update it with some of my finer work. I've got to bolster my author rating somehow.
Making it longer won't save you

~TAF, aware of the paradoxical nature of his preferences as a writer and as a reader

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 31st, 2022, 06:56 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

I'll die on this hill it has to be British. 99% of english words are English it has to be.
Actually, less than 25% of English comes from England (and some of that are from regional dialects from Scotland, Wales and Ireland - noted because most non-British stats lump in being British - i.e. from the British Isles -with being English). Greek, Latin and French are the major contributors to the language. With about 7% making up the rest.

And if you consider that Anglo Saxon are actually two Germanic regions but have evolved into meaning the English...it may be that 99% of the words are not even from England.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; May 31st, 2022 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Did you think TAF was the only drinker here? Must spread rep around again...sorry TAF.
Old May 31st, 2022, 01:37 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Critique Master
Though I hafta slash a point due to the TGRF-patented Pointless Epilogue that could just be part of the story. As if someone's gonna read everything and then just say "no, that's good enough for me" and not read the Epilogue. Just press Enter twice and then put it in at the end!
Is this really a problem? I've been doing these epilogues in nearly everything I write, practically since I began. Sometimes it's called an epilogue, sometimes there too much of it and it's the last chapter. But it's usually there in some form. I'm curious why no one has mentioned it before, but now suddenly two people mention it nearly back-to-back.

~TGRF.

P.S. Also, if you're going to critique English spellings... I feel like I've got to break it to you that the proper American spelling is 'gray', not 'grey'. Grey is the English spelling. So unless Vydar is British (entirely possible), it would be 'Gray Valkyrie'.
Old May 31st, 2022, 04:53 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS
Actually, less than 25% of English comes from England (and some of that are from regional dialects from Scotland, Wales and Ireland - noted because most non-British stats lump in being British - i.e. from the British Isles -with being English). Greek, Latin and French are the major contributors to the language. With about 7% making up the rest.
Quote:
P.S. Also, if you're going to critique English spellings... I feel like I've got to break it to you that the proper American spelling is 'gray', not 'grey'. Grey is the English spelling. So unless Vydar is British (entirely possible), it would be 'Gray Valkyrie'.
Hey, when did this become the "critiquing TAF's critiques" show? I won't stand for this mutiny! I obviously put the grey there... to... make sure you were actually reading! Yes, now I know that you read the whole thing so, thank you.

Quote:
Is this really a problem? I've been doing these epilogues in nearly everything I write, practically since I began. Sometimes it's called an epilogue, sometimes there too much of it and it's the last chapter. But it's usually there in some form. I'm curious why no one has mentioned it before, but now suddenly two people mention it nearly back-to-back.

~TGRF.
It felt odd here for such a short story. Look, I gotta poke fun at you somewhere

(Don't worry about it, stick with your signatures if you like 'em, like how I'll never stop using parenthetical statements or unironic uses of "..." as dialogue no matter how many people point it out as "technically inappropriate")

~TAF

Old May 31st, 2022, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Zombie Buoy was my idea. I guess that is why I am the Fan Fic Prompt Master.
Those who can, write. Those that cannot, prompt.
Well the origin of that title was from the competition, where you made a prompt to write about a C3V unit. Pulled in a ton of people from C3V, resulting in the highest turnout ever for a prompt. But I won't deny that zombie/buoy instantly conjured up an image in my mind of the tale I wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Was the entire thing rewritten to change the PoV to Fellswain? Who was the original hero? And how bad did he have to be for Fellswain to be the preferable protagonists? We may never know, save for TGRF who was there. Tell us what really happened in 2011!
I know as little as you, unfortunately. While I posted once, I don't recall actually reading the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF
Strangely this story is taking us back to Inistrad from Magic: The Gathering again. If I had a nickel for every time a Heroscape fanfic took place there, I'd have two nickels... which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.
OB, EL, and myself all wrote about Innistrad when it first came out. The setting does inspire story ideas. I never wrote a fan fiction, but there was a contest entry I believe centered on the world. So that is why there are two Innistrad fics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF
It's about an elf named Vermin
C'mon man; 'Vermin'? Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF
I regrettably am going to have to give this one an 8. The Nerak story is okay, kinda meh, but the other two are quite good. Above average, even. Of quality. The latter two might even merit a 9 on their lonesome but this is a package and the first is closer to a 6 I feel. Overall though as real short stories I like them better than the Johnny139 ones.
Regrettably going to give an 8? Why do I feel like this is turning into a rating competition, where we routinely downgrade each other's work?

Interestingly, I'd say Migol was the least spectacular entry, and Nerak and Zombie being the top ones. Migol definitely had the most problems, and Nerak and Zombie felt cohesive and driven while writing.

I'd say if you wanted to rate stories in compilations individually go for it - it would yield a more accurate rating. It would also allow people to rate if they've only read one or two stories.

I did read your... interpretations of the remaining prompts, but all I really have to say is that you legitimately gave me an idea for how to do Viper/Rambo. But I've said that before.

~TGRF, who is admittedly stuck on Dilmir, so he might try out Viper/Rambo anyway...
Old May 31st, 2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I did read your... interpretations of the remaining prompts, but all I really have to say is that you legitimately gave me an idea for how to do Viper/Rambo. But I've said that before.

~TGRF, who is admittedly stuck on Dilmir, so he might try out Viper/Rambo anyway...
Well if it stumps you again you can always try Alastair/Masochist. As far as I'm aware the thread is still open.

As for individual ratings for the work on there: 6, 8, 9 in order.

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction