Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 10th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

Haven't run into this scenario yet (as I don't own any lava tiles), but couldn't you potentially enslave a figure and have it jump to its doom? (especially Silver Surfer, who can attack, THEN run) Since a single turn with him/her would be less beneficial then entirely removing the figure from the game. Being 100 points/uncommon, multi-drafting allowed me to continue mind-flaying, even after the first bit the dust.

A quick summary of their performance for me so far:
4 defense and 4 life makes them fragile, they fell to ranged attacks fast, especially since 5 move isn't much, terrain was a major problem for them.
3 Range for the special is odd, but the no-LOS ability makes them an excellent choice for defensive ranging. I kept one behind a ruin and had it blast away at approaching squads, the order marker effect just kept them from getting closer.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:57 PM

hero9510 is surprisingly tart

Id have to say yes given the ability to do the same with other mind controlling powers.

If power corrupts,
and absolute power corrupts absolutely,
and knowledge is power,
does absolute knowledge corrupt absolutely?
Old September 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

Last night I played my friend whom had a mind slayer. When I moved my robot into position to explode in the middle of four heroes(placed by brunak) he was able to take over my robot and use his explosive attack on my own figures, which he rolled a 20, killed three figures. Super powerful for an uncommon hero.
Old September 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lets admit that was a bit of a unique situation Not only did he get a figure who could pack a punch, he got one who could harm multiple figures, while killing itself, AND on top of that got the best possible roll. Mindflayers good, but making DW7k worse isn't the reason he is haha.
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:12 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

Yeah it was just The worste possible situation for me, thought I should post it, because he got a great laugh from it.
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:08 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

I had a pretty solid game with this guy last night against Panopticon. He was playing NIlf/greenscales and Raelin against my Goblins, Mindflayer, Ornak, Brunak and Isamu.

It was a hard matchup for my army considering the practically free kills my goblins gave his Nilfeim. But because of this guy the game came down to the wire. I would use Ornak to activate Brunak and the Mindflayer on order marker one. I took 3 turns from him throughout the game which helped my Goblins set up to actually kill stuff. The biggest round for me is when I put order marker 2 on the Mindflayer after stealing his 2 round order marker with the mindflayer the previous Ornak activation. I rolled an 18 for his Enslave and I just kept backing in and out of a double engagement with his 2 adjacent greenscales(thats the correct ruling for that right?) and put 4 wounds on his Nilf, then attacked his greenscales and killed 2. All in all if it wasn't for some key turns for the Mindflayer I would have lost quickly, but because of him the game came down to my Isamu against his 2 life Nilf/Raelin and 2 greenscales(Isamu through down 5 attack and killed his Nilf, gotta love that). Anyway, just thought I'de share the new found love this guy.

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:25 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
I had a pretty solid game with this guy last night against Panopticon. He was playing NIlf/greenscales and Raelin against my Goblins, Mindflayer, Ornak, Brunak and Isamu.

It was a hard matchup for my army considering the practically free kills my goblins gave his Nilfeim. But because of this guy the game came down to the wire. I would use Ornak to activate Brunak and the Mindflayer on order marker one. I took 3 turns from him throughout the game which helped my Goblins set up to actually kill stuff. The biggest round for me is when I put order marker 2 on the Mindflayer after stealing his 2 round order marker with the mindflayer the previous Ornak activation. I rolled an 18 for his Enslave and I just kept backing in and out of a double engagement with his 2 adjacent greenscales(thats the correct ruling for that right?) and put 4 wounds on his Nilf, then attacked his greenscales and killed 2. All in all if it wasn't for some key turns for the Mindflayer I would have lost quickly, but because of him the game came down to my Isamu against his 2 life Nilf/Raelin and 2 greenscales(Isamu through down 5 attack and killed his Nilf, gotta love that). Anyway, just thought I'de share the new found love this guy.

Dustin
Engagements strikes are optional. An opponent would not have to roll for the disengagements against his own Nilfheim if he didn't want to.

Old September 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post

Dustin
Engagements strikes are optional. An opponent would not have to roll for the disengagements against his own Nilfheim if he didn't want to.
Ahh, of course, well that would be both of our mistakes..hehe. Either way, this guy single handedly kept my army in the game against an opponent that honestly should have decimated my army.

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast

Last edited by vertigosmooth; September 18th, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Another cool use for him:
Spoiler Alert!

With a castle like the one in the spoiler box, you could have him run under the overhang and attack anyone he wants on the battlements and they would have to take many rounds to get to him.
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:36 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This guy is my new hero, Cyprien was hiding behind a glacier so I planned on hitting him with the special. He popped over and attacked Mika, so instead I was able to hit him with the special which hit for a damage. Then enslaved him and threw him in lava which made the former pretty pointless. he then paned advancing Zombies alone while tossing away their order markers and enslaving and using various heroes. Really fun fellow!
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is a situation I just thought of.

Say I draft two or more Mind Flayers. Since Uncommon Heroes are treated as Unique Heroes, I could in theory Enslave another one of my Mind Flayers, correct? And if do Enslave another Mind Flayer, I can then Enslave another figure, because part of taking a turn with a Mind Flayer is attempting Enslave 17.

So, in theory I could keep Enslaving one Mind Flayer to another one, and visa versa, therefore creating an endless chain of Mind Flayer dominance, if the d20 falls my way, correct?

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
So, in theory I could keep Enslaving one Mind Flayer to another one, and visa versa, therefore creating an endless chain of Mind Flayer dominance, if the d20 falls my way, correct?
No, because you have to reveal and Order Marker on the Mindflayer in order to use Enslave.

But you could still Enslave another Mind Flayer and use him to attack or whatever. Just no endless Enslaving.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units