Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old August 4th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tintin

I have the Castro Valley public library to thank for exposing me to Spider-man paperbacks, old horror movie books, Asterix (which never caught on with me), MAD paperbacks, shark books and anything relating to the Mariana Trench, and, most importantly, Tintin.

Wow, Tintin comics cemented my interest in comics. Simple in drawing style, but realistic enough and oh so lushessly colored to keep my attention when the action in the story was low (ha!).

Tintin rules. When I got older and held down a steady job, I made it a point to buy all the volumes I found as a kid in the library. I kept seeing editions come out and the cover price go up, up, up. I knew I needed to buy them, before I couldn't justify spending the money on them. I recently let me son peruse my complete collection. He likes them.

Anyway, I came across a Tintin site today. The biggest point of interest so far are the trivia they have for each volume! Wow, so many references, SNAFUS, and hidden messages. I'll need to go back and check all these points of interest now.

One trivial fact I knew was the band, Thompson Twins, were named after the two, identical detectives, Thompson and Thomson.

Here's the site:
http://www.tintinologist.org/

here's the volume trivia:
http://www.tintinologist.org/guides/books/

and for the record, as a young one, my favorite volume was Flight 714.
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I think I have a Tintin that was given to me somewhere. I never got into it like I got into Asterix. I might have to dig it out and give it a read now that I'm older and wis..older.
Old August 4th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tintin rules. When I was in Africa, the comics were all the rage (mostly brought in by Brits). I read them all. I loved 'em.
Old August 4th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Tintin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
One trivial fact I knew was the band, Thompson Twins, were named after the two, identical detectives, Thompson and Thomson.

I did not know that bit of trivia! Thanks, HEH!

Newb.
Old August 4th, 2006, 12:20 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Asterix was funnier when read in the original French. Not that I'm going to pretend that my French was really up to the task.
Old August 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tintin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie

I did not know that bit of trivia! Thanks, HEH!

Newb.
Well the reason I came across the Tintin site, was because of those Egyptian statues you shared with us on your custom terrain thread! They reminded me of the background images in Cigars of the Pharoah! So that lead my attention-defecit mind searching for Tintin - No Joke!

Old August 4th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Tintin rules. When I was in Africa, the comics were all the rage (mostly brought in by Brits). I read them all. I loved 'em.
Good adventure and comedy in lots of exotic locales.

One of my favorite covers. Love the atmosphere and ancticipation of...The Black Island!!!
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:11 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
in germany the series is call tim und (&) strupi (dog name)

the series was fantastik it had all sf fantasy adventure and a redmain story) rastapokolus(the valian from Cigars of the Pharoah)

we had some audio casetts and damm they were great.

the only differnent was the time line some are 1922

the rocket was long before the real landung and the rocket before ww2.

and the bad land remembers a litte on germany.

but a great series

hunderttausend höllenunde , kanalratten, papiertiger i love captain hadock

btw tompson and tompson are in germany schulze und schulze
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon)

hunderttausend höllenunde , kanalratten, papiertiger i love captain hadock
No argument there. Captain Haddock is the best character!

"Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!"

Check this out:
Favorite Captain Haddock Curses!
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:09 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
one strage thin in the german audio version. was
the story with the gigant mushdomm from the space.
thre ware the prof and haddock in..

but this story like tim in kongo were with out these charas.
and in the german book cirel all tims off adventuure were some of the last books.

the right chronological is very hard on rintintin.
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
No argument there. Captain Haddock is the best character!

"Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!"

"Stop acting the goat!?"

I like Prof. Calculus.

Tintin is so great...I think I've read them all, and my brother owns 'em. I love Snowy...when he gets drunk, the couple times he actually talks (!), and when he think-tells a camel (I think) that its all "hoighty-toity". Since I read that, hoighty-toity has become my favorite adjective ever.
Old August 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM

dickflea Woo who?
True true Tintin rules!!! but i still kinda like Asterix

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media