Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 8th, 2022, 11:56 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Right on. I figured as much. That must have been lucrative.
Old October 8th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I *think* I may have seen a ballpark number and it was solid but not life changing. My memory is terrible, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 8th, 2022, 12:40 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It may not *fund.* It may not bring Heroscape back to store shelves. But it's really tough for me to see something that raised at least half a million dollars in the first week as unsuccessful. That shows me there's plenty of appetite out there for this product. If Hasbro chooses to ignore that fact, it's a major bummer, but ultimately out of our control.
In the event that AoA doesn't fund, I (and I'm sure many others) have been pondering what happens from that point for the official product. Business is business, but considering the amount of up-front effort that has already gone into AoA and the entire revival - taking into consideration the hinting at multimedia work - I'd be surprised if the design team as a whole let all of the effort thus far go to waste without some sort of a backup plan.

Me thinking out loud here: Would AH review, restructure, and relaunch a campaign (crowdfunding or otherwise)? Would the design team try to take the brand to another company (yes yes - IP and copyright and all...)? Would we see *similar* designs pop up in C3V?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 8th, 2022, 12:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don’t have any answers for these questions other than the last: NDAs would solidly prevent the C3V members working for Avalon Hill from porting designs over to fanscape.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 8th, 2022, 02:17 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It may not *fund.* It may not bring Heroscape back to store shelves. But it's really tough for me to see something that raised at least half a million dollars in the first week as unsuccessful. That shows me there's plenty of appetite out there for this product. If Hasbro chooses to ignore that fact, it's a major bummer, but ultimately out of our control.
In the event that AoA doesn't fund, I (and I'm sure many others) have been pondering what happens from that point for the official product. Business is business, but considering the amount of up-front effort that has already gone into AoA and the entire revival - taking into consideration the hinting at multimedia work - I'd be surprised if the design team as a whole let all of the effort thus far go to waste without some sort of a backup plan.

Me thinking out loud here: Would AH review, restructure, and relaunch a campaign (crowdfunding or otherwise)? Would the design team try to take the brand to another company (yes yes - IP and copyright and all...)? Would we see *similar* designs pop up in C3V?
I don't know but the following quote doesn't give me much hope for any of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
From Discord:

Encarmine — Today at 5:17 PM
Just to clarify some chatter happening in some social media channels: IF the Haslab campaign fails to fund during the 45 days, there is NOT a plan to produce Heroscape for retail after the Haslab. The relaunch of the game would be cancelled in it’s entirety. People who are saying that we would release Heroscape regardless are incorrect.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 8th, 2022, 03:07 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If anything, the future of Heroscape hasn't looked this bright in a long time. The fact that a large portion of the community has (begrudgingly) accepted unpainted miniatures means that the various VC communities can really open up their designs given that new miniatures can be created and made available for 3d printing. That is assuming 3d printing is embraced by the community which I hope it is.

We also have to assume Hasbro is smart enough to see the potential here. They are in the business of marketing toys after all and making miniature games with unpainted miniatures has become incredibly cost effective and lucrative over the years. I'm sure Hasbro wants a piece of the pie. Heroscape's future will go on and thrive regardless of the outcome of this campaign.
Old October 8th, 2022, 03:16 PM

good reminder for the folks who've invested a bit too much of their mental well-being into the success of this campaign so far.

Obviously we'd all love for it to fund, but no one's life should be ruined if it doesn't.

Old October 8th, 2022, 03:27 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

No, my life was ruined when they cancelled HeroScape. This would un-ruin it.
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:08 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In a certain sense, Heroscape has already been revived (not to get all sappy about it, however). After the announcement, a lot of people popped back into the forums and the sales and trades thread has been hopping. People are bringing the game out again, at least for a short time.
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:55 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
In a certain sense, Heroscape has already been revived (not to get all sappy about it, however). After the announcement, a lot of people popped back into the forums and the sales and trades thread has been hopping. People are bringing the game out again, at least for a short time.
I was half thinking about starting a thread saying exactly that. The Scape juices are flowing again for me. I went and overpaid for a couple of D&D minis today to start playing catch-up with C3V/SoV, I set up a map the other day to leave out for when my son comes by next and I’m trying to make room in the schedule to hit a local tourney next month.

If nothing else, the community has definitely had an influx of activity, which is never a bad thing.

-insert signature here-
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:00 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm definitely noticing a harder time finding customs and original units, especially with AllThingsHeroscape.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:19 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

In the event that the campaign funds, but none of the stretch goals unlock (an admittedly unlikely scenario, but humor me here) I wonder if Avalon Hill would later release them as the coolest expansion pack since Aquilla's Alliance. Unlike the Thyraxis Dragoon and Scavorith, the five SotM heroes are not labeled "HasLab Campaign Exclusive." Unless I missed it somewhere?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion