Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell) (Design Phase)

I'm not sure that'd really clarify it one way or another. It'd keep his attack from getting too crazy, but it wouldn't help with the question of whether a marker needs to be placed to trigger him switching players or not.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Well, what if I worded it like this?

COSMIC MADNESS
After using Captain Marvel's Cosmic Awareness special power, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, place an Insanity Marker on this card or, if there are four Insanity Markers on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Captain Marvel. Remove all Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent. Add one to Captain Marvel’s normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:39 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Then it would be perfect.

Presumably you'd be starting with just four Insanity Markers in this set up?

Also, I believe in this situation, the Zatanna exploit would work (i.e. if she removes a marker from the game, he can't turn). Thematically, I honestly think that's pretty cool.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm... it wouldn't specify the number of markers. Creeper's doesn't either. Would the Zatanna work in that case? I mean, it would be implicit that there's only four, but it doesn't specify.

If so it would definitely something to test. Doubt it would be too game-breaking.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:03 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Actually, I guess if you just follow the card, then there are infinite markers available (we'd just give you four to print), so even if she removed one, you could just put it back, considering it a "new" maker at that point .... I think that's a fair interpretation of what you have here, which stymies her little exploit.

Probably best to FAQ it up front, though.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Well, what if I worded it like this?

COSMIC MADNESS
After using Captain Marvel's Cosmic Awareness special power, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, place an Insanity Marker on this card or, if there are four Insanity Markers on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Captain Marvel. Remove 1 Insanity Marker and all Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent. Add one to Captain Marvelís normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card.
This way you can keep him running back and forth between players with no real questions. You just wouldn't have him getting crazy attack levels.
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, second post updated... I think that's clear. Any other questions or concerns about him before I send him off to ERB?

Hopefully getting the Initial in for him in a few days...
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

Looks good! I'm hoping to see a Zatanna test with him just to check for oddities. But, otherwise, glad to see this moving forward!

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

ERBs sent out.

Should we give the Insanity Markers a color? The original cards that uses them (Creeper) didn't, so I'm not sure what to go with (or whether we should use the same color [or if it would even be possible to change the color]).
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Sounds like a question for Art. No preference here, though consistency would probably be nice.

Old June 5th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

ERB from dok:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
No concerns - might be a touch overpriced, actually, but testing will figure it out.

Should he have SS on the card, or rely on the Nega-Bands to provide that, like the original Mar-Vell?
ERB from davidlhsl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Captain Marvel
That name gets around, doesn’t it?

Nega-Bands/Cosmic Awareness
Vetted via Mar-Vell.
The only real benefit of the glyph will be the +1 to attack, since he naturally has SS/Flying.

Cosmic Madness
Sort of a Cosmic Creeper, but what about the 4 Insanity Markers when he transfers to the opponent? Control would simply ping-pong until he gets the 5th Marker.

Let’s check something else and break this down:
(1) Use CA, roll 1, 1 I-Marker.
(2) Use CA, roll 1, 2 I-Marker.
(3) Use CA, roll 1, 3 I-Marker.
(4) Use CA, roll 1, 4 I-Marker. Does control transfer at this point? Probably not due to the “or” instead of “and.” If not,
(5) Use CA. You roll the d20. What happens if you roll another 1? Do you place the 5th Marker and bypass the control passing to the opponent, or does the “or” clause take consideration in lieu of processing the result of the d20?

Final Thoughts
I like the madness, and I’m likely overthinking the wording.
EDIT: And one in from Margloth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Seems pretty basic. I doubt the 350 will hold up though.

Last edited by johnny139; June 6th, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS (He's no better a choice for the Kree Scouts than Ronan or Mar-Vell.)

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
PASS (He might be strong with Ronan, but no more than Mar-Vell would be... once he really gets up there, he's got enough dice to do damage with or without him.)

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS (Definitely... even when he's got you in a corner, you can always hope he'll go crazy and turn to your side.)

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS (He's a gambler's Mar-Vell - cheaper, with more potential, but riskier.)

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? YES!
- What should be the unit's point value? 330-350 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Against heavy-hitters, after some alterations, he was worth a solid 310-320, but against lower-level heroes he's worth significantly more... up to 360, I think. If he performs as well as I expect against Squads I'll make some minor alterations.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 340-350 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. S.H.I.E.L.D. can't drive Marvel mad.
Map: Country Road
Units: Captain Marvel: Genis-Vell (330 Points) vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x3 (330 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Give a brief overview. The Science Police almost turn Genis-Vell insane.
Units: Captain Marvel: Genis-Vell (340 Points) vs. Science Police x4 (340 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. Some great die rolls lets Genis-Vell take advantage of a lame duck Super-Skrull. Things get close near the end, when Captain Marvel hits his fourth marker and becomes a MAJOR liability, but things end up going toward the Kree.
Units: Captain Marvel: Genis-Vell, Kree Scout x3, Zatanna (700 Points) vs. Super-Skrull: Kl'rt, Skrull Warriors x3, Skrull Infiltrator x3 (700 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 340-360 POINTS
- Give a brief overview. Great match, super fun! Genis-Vell was mostly used as cleanup here, coming in after the first few Kree Heroes went down, which mitigated the threat of Cosmic Madness to the Kree. He was able to do a lot of damage in that capacity, killing Phoenix and Angel and then going into a big ol' showdown with Gorgon that was a real highlight... super tense standoff! Ultimately the Mutants won, but it was mostly due to good luck on their part.
Units: Captain Marvel: Genis-Vell, Captain Marvel: Mar-Vell, Ronan, Kree Scout x5 (1300 Points) vs. Professor X, Gorgon, Selene Gallio, Jean Grey, Phoenix, Angel (1300 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS: At first he seemed significantly below 350, but I changed him around a bit - upping his Defense to 5 and his Madness roll to 1-5 - and he was more than capable of holding his own and blowing the enemy away. Cosmic Madness still didn't come up quite as much as I'd hoped, but it was the deciding factor in one game so I can't complain.

I'd put him out there at 350 with the changes I gave to him - though if you guys are really against them for whatever reason, probably closer to 310.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library