Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old January 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Virtualscape help.

I am trying to figure out how to make the 3d view of your map show up on the instructions. I have downloaded other peoples maps that contain the 3d picture on the first page above where is says "Author". Can someone tell me how? Thank you.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?
When looking at the 3d map, click Tools --> Save Picture.. This will save the 3d image as a bitmap file to whatever destination you set. Then take the picture and cut/modify any way you need to and attach it to the map building instructions in PDF format.

Good Luck
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:56 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Thank you for the help. I still don't quite get how to to this little part. I don't get how to "attach it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre007
attach it to the map building instructions in PDF format.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
If you have BOTH the map view, and the 3d view open, when you go to print, the 3d image is there. If you close the 3d view, it will not be.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
If you have BOTH the map view, and the 3d view open, when you go to print, the 3d image is there. If you close the 3d view, it will not be.
Wow! Now that's simple enough. Thank you both!

Old January 12th, 2008, 12:53 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Okay, I'm gonna hijack keglo's thread for my own Virtualscape questions.

When I download other people's maps it's as a pdf file. Now as far as I can tell, VS creates hsc files. If I try to upload a map, do I need to convert it to a pdf first or will uploading it do that for me? If the answer is the former, what program can I use to convert the map instructions to a pdf?
Old January 12th, 2008, 10:26 PM

tokomi is surprisingly tart
Sherman,

When you upload VirtualScape files into the gallery, they will not be converted into a .pdf format.

Srmalloy provides some great information about PDF software in this thread. This should get you started in the right direction if you would like to upload .pdf files instead of .hsc.

May you roll what you need, when you need it.
Buy/Trade
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:36 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Thanks, tokomi.

I guess I should've asked if it's absolutely necessary to convert to .pdf to upload. Can I just upload the maps I've created as is? Would that mean only people who have VS could view them? If so, then I guess I'll convert them.

Please excuse my computer illiteracy. I'd like to be able to convert the files to .pdfs, I'm just worried about downloading free programs onto my computer.
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Thanks, tokomi.

I guess I should've asked if it's absolutely necessary to convert to .pdf to upload. Can I just upload the maps I've created as is? Would that mean only people who have VS could view them? If so, then I guess I'll convert them.

Please excuse my computer illiteracy. I'd like to be able to convert the files to .pdfs, I'm just worried about downloading free programs onto my computer.
If you upload HSC files, only those with VS will be able to view them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software