Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 16th, 2007, 12:46 PM

straw-hatt has disabled reputation
300 point Army

i wanted to know your guys opinion on an army ive been working with so far in play it works good

Sonlen
Aubrian Archers
Warriors of Ashra

i believe its abouut 280 pts
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That won't work at all against a skilled opponent. Sonlen has no one to heal, for one, and the Warriors and Aubriens don't provide enough of a screen for Sonlen to do his dirty work, especially only one squad each. The Warriors will get mowed down, even on a micro-map, by ranged, and the Aubriens will too without the numbers, so Sonlen is the only guy on that team that poses a threat.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:33 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
You could stick Kyntela in to add some defense to Sonlen and the other elves.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:13 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish
You could stick Kyntela in to add some defense to Sonlen and the other elves.
By the looks of it, he doesn't have Kyntella. Besides, she won't help much, as she has the survivability of a stick.

Old September 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Sonlen has no one to heal, for one
That must be really difficult to pull off when he can heal himself. :P

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM

i dont have kyntella or how ever you spell it and honestly i wouldnt use her if i did. she would slow movemnt down and just be a sitting target majority of the time. anyways thanks for the feedback. any ideas of how to strengthen the army for the points?
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Sonlen has no one to heal, for one
That must be really difficult to pull off when he can heal himself. :P
I meant heal anyone else. For me, Sonlen is only worth it if you have another, more initially powerful hero he can heal that can be a meat shield.
Anyways, we need more to help you. How does the army fight? What's the strategy?

Old September 16th, 2007, 05:04 PM

well it normally just me and my brother playing and he drafts a type of similar army using Kamon Tagawa Archers and Izumi. i usually move the WoA forward to his Izumi and then our archers and heros enter in and it just counter moves after that
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:07 PM

Are you going for a themed army? If you aren't, you might want to pick the Deathreavers over the Warriors. Might.
As for the army? I personally think you should remove Sonlen, add Syvarris, and add a second squad of Aubriens. After all, that gives you a little more versatility. If you need another wall, try removing the 2nd squad of Aubriens and giving the Warriors of Ashra an extra squad, along with adding Marcu.
Those are my opinions.

Old September 16th, 2007, 05:15 PM

i am trying to keep it themed and sonlen is one of my favorite char sculpts and he hasn't let me down yet
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw-hatt
i am trying to keep it themed and sonlen is one of my favorite char sculpts and he hasn't let me down yet
Well then...
I don't know what to tell ya. You could add a second squad of Aubriens if you removed the Warriors of Ashra, but with your opponent drafting Samurai all the time...

Old September 16th, 2007, 05:20 PM

haha yeah well thenks for the suggestions

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion