Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old May 17th, 2009, 01:26 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Virtualscape sources

I'm sorry to said that I stop to release Virtualscape.
I don't know what doing with source. I think the best way is that somebody get sources and continu to develop for the community.
Of course if someone want to do that, I will give it my support for some time.
Another way is that the sources are availables for everybody and that several person work together to add feature.
Anyway I will doing what you want and deliver sources for them that want sources.
This program is write in Visual C++ under VS 2008. It use MFC for HMI and OpenGL for 3D rendering.
I was very happy to work with you and be sure that you gived me more that I gived to you.

Thanks everybody
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:31 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Virtualscape sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
I was very happy to work with you and be sure that you gived me more that I gived to you.

Thanks everybody
Thank you so much for all the work you've done. You've made so much possible.
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
Thank you so much for all the work you've done. You've made so much possible.
Thanks.
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Sad to see you go Zzzz. Hopefully someone can pick up your mantle. Thanks for all you have done!
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Today is a sad day for me, to see that Zzzzz drops VirtualScape. Even when I know it's coming, it is still very sad!
Thanks a lot, Zzzzz, for such a wonderful software. I think it is the best contribution that a single person can give to this community.

If you notice, my maps' building instructions lately have a line saying "Made by VirtualScape." That is a way for me to express my appreciation to Zzzzz's software.

Zzzzz, I hope you will still checking with us frequently, and some day will return to VirtualScape. Wish you all the best!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

I just requested the source, I dont know VisC++ (yet) but I do know other languages... the best way for me to convert, is to tinker with an existing program like this.
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
I just requested the source, I dont know VisC++ (yet) but I do know other languages... the best way for me to convert, is to tinker with an existing program like this.
Thanks for "volunteering" to take this on. Hopefully you can build on the great work that Zzzzz has already done.
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Perhap's the best way is to begin with a more simple program but if you already know oriented object programing this will not be a problem for you.
The sources will be available on the virtualscape site before the end of the week. Comment are in english in sources so this will help you . But this is my english so this will not help you
All question about theses sources will be welcome. I will try to answer and help you to ameliorate virtualscape.

Be sure that I was happy to doing virtualscape and I m sad also but i can't doing everything and I need to make choice.
Anyway I will continu to check what is done with my virtualscape's baby.
I will never forget you and as I said in PM you are welcome at home if you come in france.
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:44 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

It is unlikely I ever release anything from it, at least not for a long time, I am sure others will beat me too it... I just want to tinker with it... and if I learn enough to make changes well then maybe I will release something as "my version" or something at some point...

Will the source include old versions, that happen to have the "mutli-player" code?
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
It is unlikely I ever release anything from it, at least not for a long time, I am sure others will beat me too it... I just want to tinker with it... and if I learn enough to make changes well then maybe I will release something as "my version" or something at some point...

Will the source include old versions, that happen to have the "mutli-player" code?
The source doesn't include old version but multiplayer code are included. i just remove the menu item to activate it. But the multiplayer code is not finish and this is not the more simple part of the program. you must know socket and client/server code.
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:19 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

Thank you for Virtualscape. It is amazing and you should be proud of it. Sorry to see you go.
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
Thank you for Virtualscape. It is amazing and you should be proud of it. Sorry to see you go.
Thanks to you.
I don't know exactly how do you said in english but in french we said : "I will keep an eye" on this forum so I don't really go.

see you later

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software