Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 10th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Syvarris

"I am all for everyone having a voice, I just don't think everyone has earned the microphone. And that's what the Internet has done." ~ Aaron Sorkin

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 10th, 2015, 07:47 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
eh, maybe I'm being premature. This sort of thing just gets old after awhile.
Heh. N00b, eh? That's rich... I've been playin' this game since it came out in 2004. So because one guy disagree's with the almighty spiderpoison and Jexik's opinions, I'm a n00b? Way to assume, there, Hoss'...

Just a thought, but ya might not wanna do this when you post in the future like you just did:

*Sigh* Owlman, just stop.

SoA clearly posted what he posted because you are acting like a child. If you want to be respected on this site I highly suggest you start acting your age and less like someone who can't keep his mouth shut.

Sorry guys, I'm leaving this thread alone now, just wanted to back up my brother. Peace.
Are you for real here?

He called me a n00b, using that annoying moticon, implying that I have no clue what I am speaking about. (Which I actually found mildly offensive, ironically.) If someone wants to use rude emoticons, then I will defend my post(s). In short, some of you Scapers really ought to be more polite.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old December 10th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Owlman, you have no idea how gracious and patient my friends on this site are with you. God bless them. In time, it will be their gentle ways, and not my combative style, that may help you understand how to communicate effectively with people. Until then, please keep trying.

Next time you suggest a grade should be changed, for instance, I suggest you do so with (1) specific discussions about the performance of a unit, instead of general impressions. Discuss maps, armies, etc. And have (2) some respect for the notion that the grades were the outcome of careful thought and long debate. Is there room for improvement? Sure, why not. But if you are, in fact, not a noob, you surely appreciate that there are many, many people on this site who are likewise also not noobs. And the grades are the product of lengthy discussions and shared experiences among them.

It may interest you to know that better players tend to get better results, by the way. Past performance in a competitive setting tends to predict future performance. So, you know, it's about more than the dice.

= =
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Dice Masters

Quote:
Eh, I agree placement certainly helps, but to me, in the grand scheme of things, the dice decide your fate.
You said this before, in your last foray into strategy, and I already provided hard numbers that demonstrated you were wrong. Have you already forgotten this?

I could update those numbers with stats from this year, but trust me, it would not make my case any weaker.

Heroscape is primarily a skill game.
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, dok. Why did you have to link that thread? What a lousy walk down memory lane.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; December 10th, 2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:30 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dice Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Eh, I agree placement certainly helps, but to me, in the grand scheme of things, the dice decide your fate.
You said this before, in your last foray into strategy, and I already provided hard numbers that demonstrated you were wrong. Have you already forgotten this?

I could update those numbers with stats from this year, but trust me, it would not make my case any weaker.

Heroscape is primarily a skill game.
Agreed. I once went to a tournament about 2 years ago. I had a 25% win rate. That was probably of my lack of skill at the time. Heroscape, and other games, have a good balance of luck and skill. Skill mitigates the effect of luck, which adds variance. So, while luck plays a part, in games with experienced players, it's very minor.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:35 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

NVM

Last edited by IshMEL; December 11th, 2015 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Was trying for funny, ended with "jerk"
Old December 10th, 2015, 10:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

As far as the grade change, if more tournament winners (online or in-person) win or come in at least the top 4 with an army with a unit, then that unit deserves a raise. If the top players cannot even win with a unit, then it deserves lowered. I am too lazy, but if someone wants to go though recent tournament results and provide evidence of a change in how many tournament leaders had Syvarris or any other unit, then you can make a thread with that. In fact it would be awesome if someone made a statistical analysis of all units in all tournaments as that would prove mathematically where the rankings would be, kinda like a sport statistic such as APG or WIN %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I think the argument for Ne-Gok-Sa to be an "A" is stronger than the argument for Syvarris to be an "A". I love Syvarris and I love outranging my foes. It's worth quite a bit and makes him more valuable in matches where you each try to bring an army the other person can't use as well as you can. If he had one more point of defense he'd be a beast. As it stands, he's just a bit too fragile.

All of that, naturally, is geared to the idea of standard map, 500 point, blind matchup, kill 'em all. In a "heroes only" match he becomes more valuable. Throwing eight attack dice from height at a range of 9 is quite an accomplishment for a hero.

~Aldin, Leg-O-Lassy
Agree with above. That is why in HOME games (not tournaments) I play my Competitive Unit Alters, for which almost all the elves (including Syvarris) I added the power EVASIVE 1

Old September 12th, 2020, 04:06 PM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

I don't think Syvarris needs any boost. He is an amazing unit. I usually combine him with Theracus and get him quickly to a sniping position. He is a terrible foe to meet. He usually kills lots of enemies before he dies. When You position him correctly he is very hard to approach. And few ranged units can outgun him. When he has height advantage, he also gets +1 defence so not so squimish anymore. Him and Theracus are my favorite 140 pts spent
Old September 12th, 2020, 05:25 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeadam View Post
I don't think Syvarris needs any boost. He is an amazing unit. I usually combine him with Theracus and get him quickly to a sniping position. He is a terrible foe to meet. He usually kills lots of enemies before he dies. When You position him correctly he is very hard to approach. And few ranged units can outgun him. When he has height advantage, he also gets +1 defence so not so squimish anymore. Him and Theracus are my favorite 140 pts spent
Completely agree. One of the top 10 best heroes of all time IMO. Position him right and he will snipe enemies left and right.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old September 12th, 2020, 07:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I once tried the Theracus/Syvarris combo against a Stinger army. It did not go well.

Old September 12th, 2020, 09:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yeah, I don't expect it would go well on a tournament-type map. He could easily exploit the type of maps I used to make in the old days, though. Lots of elevation; lots of space. Maybe a castle. He'd be deadly.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units