Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which of these do you think is the best?
Nomratu 4 22.22%
Lasro 3 16.67%
Shrieking Gartuun 1 5.56%
Skinshade Tickler 2 11.11%
Jikininki Demon 6 33.33%
Ulixes 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Sore Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
I do plan on holding future contests. I might even make it a somewhat regular thing, if people keep everything.

Congratulations @Ninja Status for making the best ticklish demon.

I suspect the next contest will start up in March.
I say Ninja Status should be disqualified. His "anonymous" card obviously has his name on the bottom-right corner, so all his friends knew who to vote for.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 8th, 2016, 12:02 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: January Custom Contest Poll

I thought the submissions would be anonymous prior to the poll being put up and was under the impression that they'd be labeled once posted, so I thought no harm would be done with adding my signature. Sorry if I broke any rules.

Edit: Ah, it looks like I did mis-read the rulings in the submission thread. I'm so sorry.
Old February 8th, 2016, 12:05 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

I think I little switcheroo should be in order, personally. Something like the person with the least votes wins... or at least gets second place? Anyone else?

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old February 8th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Er, of course. At least whoever got 2 votes or less.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 8th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Er, of course. At least whoever got 2 votes or less.

~TAF
No arguments from me.

Congratulations, Ninja Status. I must say, there's been some really cool stuff here - in fact, I'm getting two of this figure so I can use Nomratu in addition to my custom

~ Lazy Orang, the creator of the dread Ulixes.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 9th, 2016, 12:13 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Congrats @Ninja Status ! This was a fun one.

Now that the dust has settled, I'll give my two cents on the entries. I really did like them all, and it was a tough choice! One of the things I like about these contests is seeing how others approached the same figure.

@Good Pig Lasro: Climb and Engagement Strike are both good powers for the figure. I like the idea of Stranglehold but I'm not clear on the power: if Lasro is engaged with a Large figure and a Medium figure, does he still get to Strangle the Medium figure? I'm not the best coster but 90 seems high.

@mtl1998 Shrieking Gartuun (or Gartunn?): Death Knight bonding works for this figure. Quick Strike is neat. Shrieking Call is good (although I would clarify whether "this SG" gets to move with the power or not, right now it can). But the power requires me to really have at least 3, probably more, of this Uncommmon to really get the value, which is why I didn't vote for it. Maybe if Shrieking Call could move some other type of figure (Demons? Tormented Squad figures?) it would give you more army options. Also, 60 seems low to me.

@TheAverageFan Skinshade Tickler: I like "Skinshade" as a species, but not really "Tickler" as a class. I know you're into the new Generals, but it's hard for me to envision expanding my collection in that direction. Other than the left box stuff, I do like this guy. Scuttle Sprint is a little complicated, but not overly so, and the other powers work for me. I think Scale is better than Climb for this figure.

@Ninja Status The J Demon: I like Demons, and the power set is certainly Savage and Wild. I think Slashing Frenzy Special Attack is problematic. In the right circumstances, this guy could take out an entire army of Vipers, or move clear across the board in one move, especially since the attack power grows over time. Once you have him throwing 5 special attack dice, he's going to be a monster. (Plus, you need to specify if it takes leaving engagement attacks when it moves with the SA.) I like the idea of the power but I think it needs work.

@Lazy Orang Ulixes: Another Demon that bonds with the Death Knights! I like the combination of Deadly Strike and Frenzied Assault. You'll want to keep your guys away from him, and I like that sort of anti-synergy. Ruthless Counter Strike needs a bit of work to make it clearer. Perhaps something like:
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, use the white combat dice. If Ulixes was not destroyed by that attack, all skulls you rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
With 3 life and 2 defense, I'm not sure he'll be around long, but he can do some damage on the way out.

Nomratu: Designing a filler figure is tricky. My idea here was to have a figure that you could get value out of, without putting order markers on it. (NOM = No Order Markers, ha!) Tricky Advance lets you move it forward without an OM. Tail Whip lets it assist with another's attack. And Grasping Claws makes it harder to get out of engagement. My main critique of my own figure here is what @Maklar the Silver Prince said: it's too complicated. Re-rolling the LEA would accomplish the same thing -- I got in my head the idea that each claw was one die, or something like that. Even easier would be to just rename "Coward's Reward," although that does up his power a bit.

Hope these were some helpful comments!
Old February 9th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
@Lazy Orang Ulixes: Another Demon that bonds with the Death Knights! I like the combination of Deadly Strike and Frenzied Assault. You'll want to keep your guys away from him, and I like that sort of anti-synergy. Ruthless Counter Strike needs a bit of work to make it clearer. Perhaps something like:
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, use the white combat dice. If Ulixes was not destroyed by that attack, all skulls you rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
With 3 life and 2 defense, I'm not sure he'll be around long, but he can do some damage on the way out.
Glad you seem to like him! Yeah, the interaction of Deadly Strike and Frenzied Assault is key to the design. Ruthless Counter Strike is actually a power I've reused, word for word, from C3G - I personally didn't think it was unclear, but you're the second to mention that, so I guess it has to be to a degree. You're right, he doesn't stick around long at all, and he isn't meant to - he's a berserker, there to do damage and then die. I tested him a few times against Thorgrim and some knights - each time he died in their first turn of attacks, but still managed to do enough damage with his attacks and RCS to make back his points and then some. About the Death Knights - bonding with them is certainly an option, a good one in fact, but I also meant for him to be good as just 40 point aggressive filler in just about any army, basically giving you two equally valid ways to use the same unit.
Thanks for the feedback!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; February 9th, 2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old February 19th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Hard as ice

@Dr.Goomonkey , is there going to be another one of these any time soon?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 20th, 2016, 04:41 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
@Dr.Goomonkey , is there going to be another one of these any time soon?
Yes!

I plan on having the next one in March, possibly making it a bimonthly thing.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 3rd, 2016, 06:11 PM
Hard as ice

Re: January Custom Contest Poll - CONGRATS NINJA STATUS

When might this start up again, @Dr.Goomonkey ?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 4th, 2016, 06:21 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Tomorrow!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 4th, 2016, 07:16 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Quote:
Tomorrow!
I'd recommend that you PM the contestants from the previous contest, so they know there's a second one going up tomorrow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards