Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 20th, 2019, 12:13 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Pod 1 Main Thread

Just a quick reminder that we're still looking for another member for this pod! I don't want the site outage to stop the momentum here.
Old June 20th, 2019, 12:22 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I can help.
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:51 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Looking forward to seeing some [Pod 1] threads! Can we go ahead and get our volunteers thus far in the OP?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 21st, 2019, 12:47 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Apologies, been a bit busy from starting a new job. With PK signing on, it looks like our other volunteers are:

@Fakeraistlin
@lefton4ya
@Jaur0n
@The Long eared bat

I’ll get the OP here and the threads for Pod 1 set up later tonight.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:32 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pod 1 threads are up and linked in the OP! I'll get some thoughts on these units up tomorrow but for now discussion and brainstorming are open. Feel free to bring any relevant thoughts from this thread or the pre-brainstorming thread over to their respective unit.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 06:52 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It’s great to see this going!

I’m not sure why some of the images show up sideways here on ‘scapers, but I reckon it has to do with phone orientation.

Edit: I’ll also update the Brainstorming thread later when I’ve got a chance to.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; June 22nd, 2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:16 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

It was pointed out that a PL shouldn't volunteer when other non-PL people could fill that slot, so I'll be rescinding my volunteering. I'm sure you guys can get started.
Old June 25th, 2019, 07:32 PM

With P_K stepping out we still have one more spot open for anyone who wants to join as an official member of this Pod. If you're interested and want to have voting privileges in Pod 1 now's your chance to sign on.
Old June 25th, 2019, 08:46 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
With P_K stepping out we still have one more spot open for anyone who wants to join as an official member of this Pod. If you're interested and want to have voting privileges in Pod 1 now's your chance to sign on.
I'm interested in potentially joining, but I'm a little unsure as to what exactly are the responsibilities/expectations of Pod members in terms of playtesting and designing? Are there any specific responsibilities or expectations other than voting that distinguish official pod members from people who are simply following along and commenting in the thread from time to time? I'm not sure that I'd be able to come up with viable potential designs for all four units in this particular pod, although I could still commit to offering substantive feedback on others' ideas when I have the time.

The bigger challenge for me at least is playtesting. I love to theoryscape and design units in my head, but I'm not sure how much actual playtesting I would be able to commit to.

The last thing that's unclear to me is whether or not people are allowed to be members of more than one pod at a time. I'm really interested in joining whichever pod ends up developing Jace and the Illusions, so I wouldn't want my membership of this pod prevent me from joining Jace's pod in the event that it gets up and running before this one is finished.

I'm sorry if these questions were already answered in the main thread. I did read through it but I realize I might have missed something.

EDIT: Also, I'd be happy to move this post to the Welcome and FAQ thread if that would be more appropriate.
Old June 25th, 2019, 10:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Are there any specific responsibilities or expectations other than voting that distinguish official pod members from people who are simply following along and commenting in the thread from time to time?
I've made a comment or two in some of the Pod 1 threads (I'm not a Pod 1 member), but after that I'm bowing out. It's up to the actual Pod members to decide their unit's fate. That includes final say in everything about the unit as well as voting.

Quote:
I'm not sure that I'd be able to come up with viable potential designs for all four units in this particular pod, although I could still commit to offering substantive feedback on others' ideas when I have the time.
You're not alone in a Pod, so rest assured someone will get the ball rolling. Even if you just spitball the first thing that pops into your head, chances are the Pod can run with it in one direction or another. Feedback on the ideas that are presented is also a valuable tool.

Quote:
The bigger challenge for me at least is playtesting. I love to theoryscape and design units in my head, but I'm not sure how much actual playtesting I would be able to commit to.
This is always the biggest challenge. Pod members are expected to run a few playtests on each of their units. Between everyone participating in AotV and any outside help we can get, I think we can manage enough tests to solidify the units. Every bit helps, though.

Quote:
The last thing that's unclear to me is whether or not people are allowed to be members of more than one pod at a time. I'm really interested in joining whichever pod ends up developing Jace and the Illusions, so I wouldn't want my membership of this pod prevent me from joining Jace's pod in the event that it gets up and running before this one is finished.
One Pod at a time (with the exception of the 6 founding members being able to Lead a normal Pod while also working on our own special Pod). If there's a particular unit you want to work on, vote for it to be in a Pod then volunteer for that Pod.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 26th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm seeing a lot of ideas tossed around, and that's great, but we need to be on something of the same page. I have written a number of articles on custom creation for the HS Codex that have tons of information about what makes a good custom as well as things to avoid. I am going to make these required reading for all Pod members to get us all to the same starting point.

@All Your Pie @Fakeraistlin @lefton4ya @Jaur0n @The Long eared bat

The Good, The Bad, and the SoV-Worthy
The Question of Balance
Dripping with (Not Too Much!) Theme
Simply Creative
The Epitome of Play
Make It Fun
Design Fundamentals
Where Rules Don't Bend
(optional) Faction Creation
Old June 26th, 2019, 02:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It helps theyre all damn good articles! So yeah, read Scytale’s stuff.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs