Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 4th, 2006, 09:42 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
Small Men

wave two has been released in Europe, and "Minutemen" has been translated in Italian with "Piccoli Uomini" (Small Men).

I haven't get any of the packs yet (I already own complete wave 2 in English), so don't know if there are other translation issues, but this one is sufficient to upset me.

now, do you think that Hasbro could consider allowing me to do Italian translations for the next sets? how can I submit such proposal?
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
From Roget's Thesaurus:

Main Entry: minute
Part of Speech: adjective 1
Definition: small
Synonyms: Lilliputian, atomic, diminutive, eentsy-weentsy, exact, exiguous, fine, inconsiderable, infinitesimal, insignificant, invisible, itsy-bitsy, itty-bitty, little, microbic, microscopic, miniature, minim, minimal, minuscule, molecular, peewee*, piddling, precise, pulverized, puny, slender, teensy, teeny-weeny*, tiny, wee, weeny

I'm glad they did not go with Peewee

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Ah, the wonders of our confusing language. I have this mental picture of John Wayne saying, "Now wait just a galldarned peewee there, pilgrim!"
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:59 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
That is excellent news, hope it comes to spain too.

I'm expenting the "Hombres minuto" aka Minute Men
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori
That is excellent news, hope it comes to spain too.

I'm expenting the "Hombres minuto" aka Minute Men
Instead you might get Hombres Pequito?

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
minute, pronounced Min-ut: a unit of time, 60 seconds, etc

minute, pronunced my-nute: small, tiny.

They translated the wrong pronunciation.

Old September 4th, 2006, 10:23 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
they translated the wrong form of the word. The word they used means Small. The word that was used in th eenglish version is Minutemen, who are civil war soldiers who were ready for battle in minutes.

I don't see what you could lose in emailing Hasbro. I say go for it.
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Sorry, K/H, the Minutemen were Revolutionary, not Civil War militia.
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
they translated the wrong form of the word. The word they used means Small. The word that was used in th eenglish version is Minutemen, who are civil war soldiers who were ready for battle in minutes.

Resisting the urge to correct you and also belittle you in a friendly ribbing kind of way....

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Gbob, your restraint is so much better than mine.
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:01 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
Quote:
so I did
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi
Quote:
so I did
Good luck, hopefully they can get someone that understands the game and the languages to do it next time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion