Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old July 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownknowned
if they make them in sets of 10, id expect around 3
there are tons of heroes in the marvel universe, but some of them kids would not know
Actually, I'd think kids would know more than most folks. And with comics becoming more and more mainstream I think you underestimate the average fans' familiarity with the Marvel U.

And there's certainly more than 30 notables in the Marvel U, even for the casual fan that only knows Marvel from movies and cartoons....I'd say there's between 50 and 100 before you dip too far into obscurity.

Heck, we already have 20 figures confirmed. You're saying there's only 10 more worth making?

Here's ten right here:
-Wolverine
-Daredevil
-Thor
-Elektra
-Doctor Strange
-Mister Fantastic
-Nick Fury
-Hawkeye
-Green Goblin
-Colossus

Okay, then boys...let's pack it up. No use making Cyclops, Jean Grey, Magneto, Professor X, Juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Mystique, Toad, Gambit, Rogue, Sabretooth, Blade, Wasp, Scarlett Witch, Vision, Black Widow, Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, or anything else. Unknownknowned says the kids won't know them. Let's close it up while we're ahead.
Old July 29th, 2007, 01:41 PM

Manchine has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
if they make them in sets of 10, id expect around 3
there are tons of heroes in the marvel universe, but some of them kids would not know
Actually, I'd think kids would know more than most folks. And with comics becoming more and more mainstream I think you underestimate the average fans' familiarity with the Marvel U.

And there's certainly more than 30 notables in the Marvel U, even for the casual fan that only knows Marvel from movies and cartoons....I'd say there's between 50 and 100 before you dip too far into obscurity.

Heck, we already have 20 figures confirmed. You're saying there's only 10 more worth making?

Here's ten right here:
-Wolverine
-Daredevil
-Thor
-Elektra
-Doctor Strange
-Mister Fantastic
-Nick Fury
-Hawkeye
-Green Goblin
-Colossus

Okay, then boys...let's pack it up. No use making Cyclops, Jean Grey, Magneto, Professor X, Juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Mystique, Toad, Gambit, Rogue, Sabretooth, Blade, Wasp, Scarlett Witch, Vision, Black Widow, Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, or anything else. Unknownknowned says the kids won't know them. Let's close it up while we're ahead.
If you make those you have to make an Enemy for them. At least thats my thought.ss
Old July 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Unknownknowned has disabled reputation
i said 3 more
i wasnt including the confirmed ones (20)
that makes the total 50
name 30 more notable and recognizable by kids marvel heroes
thats harder, unless you just start making mutants from the xmen movies

whish kapow biff thwang batman sounds

dund=lol
Old July 29th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Not sure how recognizable Thanos is, but he made the Masterset. It's not all reconizability - it's having enough of it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 29th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Warrior
As long as Marvel-Scape makes money, they will continue producing it.
True, but as major characters run dry the game will likely stop making wads of money and thus stop being produced. There's only so many times they can rehash the same characters, expecially because scape, unlike clix, does not retire waves. In clix, old wolverines cease to exist, for all intents and purposes, so a new one can come along and still be a worthwhile purchase.
But there is near infinite numbers of characters in Marvel. If they really wanted to make money they keep on producing sets like (Wolverine and the Circus of Crime). Everyone would buy the pack because they need Wolverine, but end up paying for figures that they don't know and couldn't care less about, like the Ringmaster and his Circus or like Jessica Jones.
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
There are tons of spiderman villians that are mainstream, Kingpin, you could get into the sentinels, Apocolypse and his horsemen, Cable and Stryfe, X-factor, X-Force, Mr. Sinister, Sauron, tons of other X-men villians. The list goes on. We have 40 years of history to pull from, not including recent movies. Blackheart for Ghostrider just came to mind as well.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:08 PM

they could get by putting him in there, they already had the "buy me kids" factor with silver surfer, spiderman, venom, cap, etc
plus thanos was needed to be a villain for iron man

yea there are plenty of xmen and spiderman villians etc but this is Marvel heroscape
not spiderman scape

dund=lol
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
Quote:
they could get by putting him in there, they already had the "buy me kids" factor with silver surfer, spiderman, venom, cap, etc
plus thanos was needed to be a villain for iron man
... a villain for Silver Surfer. They replaced the Iron Man villain (for example, Mandarin) with the neccessary Dr. Doom.
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:11 PM

dr doom goes with surfer
thanos first appeared in iron man VOLUME 1.
the new movie gave way to doom surfer combo

dund=lol
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:12 PM

32 Figures below (With their Major Enemy. Each of these should have an enemy to fight) So there is several more that can be done.
  • -Wolverine
    -Sabretooth

-Daredevil
    -Kingpin

-Thor

-Elektra
    -Green Goblin

-Doctor Strange

-Mister Fantastic

-Nick Fury

-Hawkeye

-Colossus
    -Juggernaut

-Cyclops
    -Toad

-Jean Grey

-Magneto
    -Professor X

-Iceman

-Nightcrawler

-Gambit

-Rogue
    -Mystique

-Blade

-Wasp

-Scarlett Witch

-Vision

-Black Widow

-Quicksilver

-She-Hulk

-Spider-Woman

-Ghost Rider

A quick list of what could be included as enemies.

Ultron
Kang
Apocaylapse
Pyro
Loki
Baron Mordu
Black Cat
Morbius

With these you could easily throw in some 2 or 3 more unknown characters per 10 figures.
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:16 PM

i'm not saying they couldn't go on forever, but with this being a kids game in all i doubt they'll make some of those characters.. like apocalypse.. and his four horsemen..

4 horsemen of the apocalypse= not for children

dund=lol
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
i'm not saying they couldn't go on forever, but with this being a kids game in all i doubt they'll make some of those characters.. like apocalypse.. and his four horsemen..

4 horsemen of the apocalypse= not for children
The 4 horsemen. Yeah but Apocalypse I can see them making. Its no different then Doctor Doom.

Apocalypse and the 4 horsemen have even been on the Cartoon back in the 90's.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News