Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 18th, 2019, 06:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Great reviews, fellas.
Totally agreed. I think the SoV is doing great work these days (and I haven't posted a review in 2 months so I'm not just patting myself on the back here).
Old December 18th, 2019, 06:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I’d like to nominate my Shadowcreep Thrall for SoV consideration:

The design is pretty simple: it’s got a special attack that goes 4/3/2/1 and then either the defender is dead or the Thrall is dead.

It’s on the higher end of the power scale for Thralls, which I personally don’t have a problem with. I kept 30 points because that’s what all the other Thralls are at.

One concern I had after coming up with the design was that this guy outclassed the Deathstrike Thrall, since 4/3/2/1 is better than 6 most of the time, especially since the 4/3/2/1 doesn’t require instant death. To counter that somewhat, I limited it to work on only small or medium figures.

Availability is good, since this is a common figure that was released this month.

20+ at MM
41 at T&T
20+ at CSI
13 at suncitygames
4 at NobleKnight
34+ from a quick glance at eBay, including two sellers with 10+.

That’s a total of 132++++, so probably around 150 without turning too many stones over. Chances are you could even find this at your FLGS.
Old December 18th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I love it!

Old December 19th, 2019, 10:00 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

At first glance the stat line looks above average for a thrall. Add in the superior SA and it feels like it might outclass more than one other thrall.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 19th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the idea but it is faster than all current thralls which being small seems improper. That special attack definitely outclasses all of them as it isn't destroyed very easily.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 19th, 2019, 11:34 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not opposed to a slightly stronger Thrall, but I am concerned about the comparison to the Deathstrike Thrall here. One extra move and a better Special Attack make me suspicious that these guys will overshadow them quite a bit in practice, despite the small/medium restriction.
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

Let's look at the existing Thrall stat lines:

Preyblood: 5/1/3/3, can get a +3 to move and attack against wounded heroes, death on failure to wound.
Deathstrike: 6/1/3/3, SA of 6 with auto-death.
Bloodburst: 5/1/3/4, can boost attack (death possible on destroying), can wound on death.
Darkprowl: 6/1/2/1, gets +4 to ranged defense, ranged special attack of 5, death on failure to destroy.

Shadowcreep: 7/1/3/3, SA of 4/3/2/1, death on failure to destroy.

--------------------------

The 3/3 stats are familiar Thrall territory. Only the Darkprowl has worse stats, but its defense is easily boosted to 5 and it relies on its SA of 5 dice.

7 move is a bonus here, but the Preyblood can get up to 8 move and the Darkprowl has a threat range of 9, so again I don't think that breaks the case.

4/3/2/1 SA is good, but it can only be used on small/medium. That gives the Deathstrike and Darkprowl an automatic edge (not to mention the higher attack value). Preyblood can get 7 dice with height and only needs to do a wound to stay alive. Bloodburst is better against heroes since it is always safe when doing the first few wounds.

------------------------

All in all, I think Shadowcreeps are comparable. It comes down to the 4/3/2/1 attack and how powerful that is. I think it's a fun new dimension to Thrall armies.
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How much testing have you done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 19th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the question would be whether 30 points is a proper cost for the current design.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 19th, 2019, 02:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
How much testing have you done?
Enough to show that 4/3/2/1 is not reliable at getting kills.

EDIT: To answer the question more specifically, I've tested this design three times. Given how it lines up with the other thralls, and that it was performing its role as intended, I was satisfied after only those tests.

I'll be interested to see any further discussion or votes.

Last edited by superfrog; December 19th, 2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old December 19th, 2019, 10:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I suspect a base attack of 2 would be more appropriate here but I'm willing to see how it holds up in testing.

to review Shadowcreep Thrall

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; December 29th, 2019 at 11:07 PM.
Old December 20th, 2019, 12:06 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

to review.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs