Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 13th, 2011, 09:17 PM

Farmer_Poopy Woo who?
Re: Kids no longer can bring lunch to school?

I think I'd die if I couldn't brown bag it (currently in my last year of middle school, 8th grade) Even though the school attempts to make food more healthy I don't see too much of a difference.

Carbonated fruit drinks instead of soda (if they ever served it... can't remember
whole wheat pizza/pasta (kinda nasty, sometimes more greasy than "commercial" pizza o.O)
1% milk

IMO I still feel like crap after eating the school lunch like I do after eating fast food. Sure it was good (fast food more than the school lunches) but I simply don't feel great. I think that helps me stay healthy, it's not some sub-conscious can't run as far or not as quick, I actually feel, well, weak.

Do I eat junk food? yes

Do I stay up until 3 in the morning playing video games? yes

am I one of the more athletic kids in my grade? yes, I might even dare saying top ten, depending on the activity.

all depends on moderation
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:45 AM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

I have always looked at the support systems for the poor as a fulfillment of our obligation to provide at least subsistence living to all of our citizens.

It isn't meant to be comfortable, it isn't meant to be easy. It is meant as a last resort until a person can get back on their feet.

I don't think the system is broken but it needs a tune up. You can control action through the welfare system. No attendance, no cheque.

Public service time, therapy, addiction treatment, retraining need to be made mandatory requirements for government hand outs.

Making cheep healthy food available and stop subsidizing the sugar companies with government money.

To bad neither of our governments are capable of making those kinds of rational choices.

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:33 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

What makes this so terrible for me is that the food the school ITSELF serves is so atrocious and unhealthy that some people prefer to eat junk food over it. Maybe if the schools tried to make higher quality food, this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old April 14th, 2011, 08:15 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I suspect that if most of us spent some time in that school we'd still disagree with the decision but would be very sympathetic towards it. My wife works with socioeconomically disadvantaged kids and some of the nutritional tales she tells are stunning. She has kids given candy bars for breakfast and sent to school. Kids that walk in with twinkies and cokes. Single parents that are working two jobs and are just so overwhelmed that they will grab whatever is on their shelves (or at the gas station on the way) and hand it over as food for their children. It doesn't make me angry. It makes me want to weep.

~Aldin, sadly
I did prac teaching at a school here in Oz where some kids rocked up with 'lunch' like two minute noodles. Uncooked.

Once you watch a 5 year old crunch his way through uncooked two minute noodles, or a little girl unsuccessfully gnawing at half of a still frozen meat pie... you aren't the same afterward.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old April 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Everyones missing the point... the real story here are all the " Lunch Box " manufactures that will go under.

Tree Town Open VX

Albert Lea MN
Saturday - October 19, 2019
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Everyones missing the point... the real story here are all the " Lunch Box " manufactures that will go under.
And what do we do with all those brown bags???

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Nah, there'll be a government bail-out. They're too big to fail.

Ranior is Chuck Norhiss

acting as Rhogar Dragonspine...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old April 14th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
And what do we do with all those brown bags???
Maybe it is a regional thing... around here Kids need to have a cool lunch box or cooler bag. Kids around here would not be seen brown bagging it. Last week our Granddaughter even asked for a new lunch box for her birthday ... I guess it is not fashionable to go the entire school year with only one lunch box.

Are brown bags still even around? All I ever see anymore are white plastic bags from Wal-Mart, Target or the grocery store.

Tree Town Open VX

Albert Lea MN
Saturday - October 19, 2019
Old April 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Weird. Brown bags have been the fad here for years. If anyone has a lunch box, they try to make it a simple soft one without much going on. Sort of a minimalist thing.
Old April 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Weird. Brown bags have been the fad here for years. If anyone has a lunch box, they try to make it a simple soft one without much going on. Sort of a minimalist thing.
Same with us. In grade school, brown bags were the thing, and virtually nobody used lunch boxes by junior high. And in my high school cafeteria, in an average lunch shift of 400 kids, you see maybe half a dozen lunch boxes.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old April 14th, 2011, 08:27 PM

Farmer_Poopy Woo who?

that's weird compared to my place, people at my school usually
A. Buy lunch everyday (bad choice lol)
B. Brown bag it (with a literal small brown bag)
C. Have a lunch box that they bring everyday (I do this, mostly because if you brown bag it and don't finish your water or something you can't save it)

Also none of the "cool" kids have lunch boxes, only a few (but those with em aren't complete losers :P)
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Same with us. In grade school, brown bags were the thing, and virtually nobody used lunch boxes by junior high. And in my high school cafeteria, in an average lunch shift of 400 kids, you see maybe half a dozen lunch boxes.
At my school, colorful lunch boxes are the way to go although are school lunch is healthier than the giant box of cookies some kids bring.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General