Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:34 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Anybody else remove wound markers instead of adding them

I don't normally do this, but I do sometimes when I'm doing one-on-one battles. I just put a stack of markers on either side(I don't usually use the cards in 1vs1).

I do have an interesting system for adding markers, though. If you recieve multiple wounds from a single attack or ability, those markers are stacked and put on the card. But if you are attacked by a three-man squad and take one wound from each figure, you'd put three unstacked markers on the card.

Arena of the Valkyries
All Your Pie is Sudema...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:39 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post

I'm not trying to convert anybody. Just wondering why the game designers opted for what seems to me to be the more complicated and counter-intuitive system.
My guess is that the wound markers numbers would be limited in most collections. The official way uses less wound markers.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old January 24th, 2011, 07:56 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
We don't use wound markers at all, we use dice to track wound count. One wound, the dice sits on the card on the one pip side, 2, 3, etc...
What do you do for characters with 8 life?

Themed Heroscape armies are loads of fun. Not too practical (or winning!), but very fun.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Good Trades: Porkins; phil413ican; Grison; twigleg2; mac122; Vydar; Tokah Phatee; dart48; wytefang; SgtHulka
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM

rshorton is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
Quote:
We don't use wound markers at all, we use dice to track wound count. One wound, the dice sits on the card on the one pip side, 2, 3, etc...
My guess would be use two dice and start adding them together. 6+1=7 ect.. I think I'll just stick with the blood markers.

Me-Burq-Sa, You-Burq-Sa, We-All-Burq-Sa!!!
~ RSH
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds like a decent idea, although I'm already used to putting them on, so it would just confuse me.

~Rednax
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:43 PM

sword4hire knows what's in an order marker sword4hire knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshorton View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My guess would be use two dice and start adding them together. 6+1=7 ect.. I think I'll just stick with the blood markers.
8-sided die?
Old January 24th, 2011, 11:24 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword4hire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshorton View Post
Quote:
Quote:
8-sided die?
20-sided-die. Duh.
Old January 24th, 2011, 11:30 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I use this method with my Seattle playgroup. I use red poker chips to show starting life.

When I was first teaching people how to play it helped to look across the table at your opponent's army cards to see how much life their hero's had left. It also showed you which heroes were going to be hard to bring down if you don't have all the cards memorized.

Seeing 2 life on Kyntela at the start versus 9 on Charos sort of sends a message

And we do the same thing for Krug and the MacDirks.

Once you get your mind trained to remove Wounds instead of add, it is seemless.

It was fun meeting other 'Scapers who were already trained the 'correct' way, but I think that most found the idea a good one.

But for NHSD, we played 'by the book'
Old January 24th, 2011, 11:46 PM
how do I look?

lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby!

It does seem like a decent way to do it. I really don't think it makes a difference. I just assume stick with the way the rules are for three reasons though. First adding wound markers doesn't require as many markers, since once a figure is killed it is removed from the board and wound markers are removed too. Second, the markers are red to symbolize blood. A charactor at full health would not be covered in blood. Third the way the rules state require less set up time. I like to be able to set up my cards, figures, and order markers and go. Adding wounds or taking them away both take the same amount of time, so starting with them on will just make games take longer. When playing in tournaments this could mean one less game played for Rolling Rumble or higher chances of a game ending to time limits in other formats.

The largest source of Heroscape in Wyoming Washington, now selling loads of terrain.
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:42 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

The first thing that came to my mind after reading the thread title was... "I don't have enough wound markers." Other than that, I think it is a nice idea.
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:43 PM

samthegoat is surprisingly tart

awesome Idea! I'll make sure I try it!
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:28 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Yeah...a lot of people probably don't have enough wound markers. Personally I see it counter-intuitive that the more someone gets hurt, the less bloody they get. I've always seen blood markers as just that, how bloody they are. I can totally see a blood dripping Krug going beserk on people.

I also stack my wound markers in groups of threes to remove the clutter and to make it easier to spot the remaining health.

Creator of Nowdays.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion