Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old May 25th, 2011, 03:02 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
New pre-painted plastic minis from Paizo

UPDATE: Paizo staff have said this is a one time only product. It is not YET a continuing line of products. The determination on whether it will become a continuing line will be based on sales.

Paizo and WizKids Launch Pathfinder Pre-Painted Minis

Beginner Box Release Resurrects Pre-Painted Plastic Fantasy Miniatures

Paizo Publishing and WizKids Games announce a new partnership whereby WizKids Games will produce a special set of pre-painted plastic miniatures for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box, an introductory boxed set slated to release in October 2011.
“We’re excited to bring the Pathfinder property to life via 3-D pre-painted fantasy miniatures” said Lax Chandra, President of WizKids Games, "Paizo’s Pathfinder RPG has emerged as a leader in the RPG category and we are looking forward to working with their great brand.”
“WizKids essentially created the pre-painted plastic miniatures category, and they’ve only gotten better in the years since,” said Paizo CEO Lisa Stevens. “We are thrilled to work with WizKids to bring our iconic characters to tabletops all over the world.”
Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box pre-painted fantasy miniatures will be available at paizo.com and through WizKids distribution partners worldwide starting in the fourth quarter of 2011.
About Paizo Publishing
Paizo Publishing®, LLC is a leading publisher of fantasy roleplaying games, accessories, board games, and novels. Paizo's Pathfinder® Roleplaying Game, the result of the largest open playtest in the history of tabletop gaming, is one of the best-selling tabletop RPGs in today's market. Pathfinder Adventure Path is the most popular and best-selling monthly product in the tabletop RPG industry. Paizo.com is the leading online hobby retail store, offering tens of thousands of products from a variety of publishers to customers all over the world. In the nine years since its founding, Paizo Publishing has received more than forty major awards and has grown to become one of the most influential companies in the hobby games industry.
About WizKids Games
A wholly owned subsidiary of the National Entertainment Collectibles Association Inc. (NECA), WizKids/NECA is a New Jersey-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating games driven by imagination. The HeroClix brand is the most successful collectible miniatures games on the market today, with over 250 million miniature game figures sold worldwide. For additional information, visit www.wizkidsgames.com.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

Last edited by Riggler; May 26th, 2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Included update in First Post.
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: New pre-painted plastic minis from Paizo

Thanks, Riggler! Nice find. As long as they're not too expensive this could be a great resource for customs.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:59 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Saw this on the clix site. Definitely some custom potential there.

I'm just sayin.
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

WoW, I totally didn't see this one comming and it's awesome news! My only concern is will Piazo be distrubuting these or Wizkids. It matters to me because Wizkids has an exclusive with Diamond / Alliance and I absolutely hate that company. This is big enough news that I guess I would have deal with them if it came to it but I'd rather go through my existing wholesalers.
......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:19 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Awesome News!!!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:19 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
WoW, I totally didn't see this one comming and it's awesome news! My only concern is will Piazo be distrubuting these or Wizkids. It matters to me because Wizkids has an exclusive with Diamond / Alliance and I absolutely hate that company. This is big enough news that I guess I would have deal with them if it came to it but I'd rather go through my existing wholesalers.
......Andrew
ugggg reading further

"Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box pre-painted fantasy miniatures will be available at paizo.com and through WizKids distribution partners worldwide starting in the fourth quarter of 2011." so it looks like Diamond / alliance only

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:57 PM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

Thats great and all but wizkids will run them into the ground like the did with mage knight. Thats why I started playing Heroscape but now that it is gone ><
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
Thats great and all but wizkids will run them into the ground like the did with mage knight. Thats why I started playing Heroscape but now that it is gone ><
You know they're bringing MageKnight back right?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:02 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

Does anyone have any idea how these figs will match up to Heroscape figs in size? Looks like there will be a lot of custom potential if the size is right.
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgarath View Post
Does anyone have any idea how these figs will match up to Heroscape figs in size? Looks like there will be a lot of custom potential if the size is right.
Theoretically, they should be to scale with DnD minis as Pathfinder uses a 1" square grid.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:05 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
Wizkids did get carried away and ran it into the ground. But NECA has been doing an awesome job so far. They've made OP better, the pieces are better, and the consistancy of new product is solid (mostly)

I'm just sayin.
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:46 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

UPDATE: I follow the Paizo threads pretty closely. Their Creative Director frequents the boards and answers just about any question people throw at him. Also, several Paizo employees frequent the board (it's actually required by the CEO). It's like their job.

Anyway, Paizo's top guys have cautioned those who got excited that this is JUST ONE non-random selection of minis. And they have stated that it is NOT at this time a full product line.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News